Windows 10: My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working

Discus and support My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an older laptop computer (9yrs+). My plans are to replace the computer sometime in 2021. For the last 6 to 8 months the Wifi Card has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1ThursdayJC, Jan 29, 2021.

1. My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working

I have an older laptop computer (9yrs+). My plans are to replace the computer sometime in 2021. For the last 6 to 8 months the Wifi Card has been acting up. Sometimes it last 3 to 4 days before it quits working.1. Sometimes this is what I do to get it to work. Device Manger>Right click on Network Adapter> Pulldown menu option Disable this this device. Right-click on Network Adapter>Pulldown menu option and chose Enable this device. Wifi begins to work again for a random period of time. It varies. Eventually it fails altogether and a yellow triangle icon appears beside the listing for the Network Adapter.At this point if I want to use the internal Wifi card is to perform a Network Reset which requires a restart.2. My Wifi Card is a Ralink RT5390 802.11 b/g/n Wifi card.a. My Ethernet card is messed up. The gold plated metal that surrounded the Cat 45 Connector tore off. An Cat 6 Cable still plugs in but eventually works it's way out.b. What is different in Resetting the Network Adapter and restarting the computer than disabling and then re-enabling the Network Adapter? c. I had read on several forums that unchecking the Option Under Power Management> Allow this computer to turn off the device in order to save (battery) power.It has been listed as a possible reason the Network adapter quits working. But when I perform a Network Reset that option is re-enabled.d.My computer stays plugged in AC. I get a low battery warning every time the computer reboots. But since it stays plugged in I disregard the low battery warning.3. I do have another wireless card that can plug into a USB port. But then at some point that card will disable the USB port.a. Then the only way to restart that USB port is to Restart the Computer.b. I have checked the Servises.msc and check to make sure WLanSvc is running WLAN Auto Config So at this point Is this a Virus? Would a New Network Adapter resolve my issues? Is this a Device Driver Problem?When Autoreboot is performed are changes made in the registry that resets everything to factory settings?

:)

1ThursdayJC, Jan 29, 2021

2. Wifi adapter randomly stops.

Hello!,

As the title suggests, my wifi card (Qualcomm Atheros QCA 9377) randomly stops working. It is showing a message on device manager saying something like "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems." This only started happening after
    updating to Windows 10 1809 update. I can fix the problem by disabling and re-enabling the adapter but seriously, who wants doing that everytime it happens? Can someone give me suggestions on how to fix it permanently?

derpygamer, Jan 29, 2021
  3. TS-11 Win User
    Wifi stops working randomly

Hi,

My wifi stops working randomly as of lately even though I am connected and the internet is working. Other machines, phones and tablet that I have keep working. This is extremely annoying. Only solution is to restart the laptop. Need to do this 2-3 times
    a day. Other solutions suggested by community do not work!

Any help please?

Thanks.

T

TS-11, Jan 29, 2021
  4. roodissa Win User

My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working

Wifi adapter randomly stops.

Description: This article will provide steps in troubleshooting the problem of a USB wireless adapter that powers off and stops working.

Problem: Your newly installed USB wireless adapter powers off or stops working. It is unable to connect to the internet and removing and plugging the USB adapter seems to work for a while. Removing and re installing the software does not
    resolve the problem, even though the lights on the adapter are on.

Resolution: The problem for the USB wireless adapter is that Windows has control of the power management for that device and USB ports themselves. Disabling this feature in device manager should resolve this problem.

To open device manager for Windows Vista or Windows 7:
    Mobile Legend

1. Click on Start, and on the search bar type in Device Manager.
    2. Press Enter.

My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working 1774_TEC6002103B-001.gif
    3. In device manager click on the + or triangle for network adapters.
    4. Right click on the wireless adapter (name will vary), and select properties.

My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working 1775_TEC6002103B-002.gif

My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working 1776_TEC6002103B-003.gif
    5. In the properties window for the wireless card, click on Power Management tab.
    6. Remove the check mark for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    7. Click on OK, and restart the computer.

My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working 1777_TEC6002103B-004.gif

My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working 1778_TEC6002103B-005.gif
    8. The wireless USB adapter will no longer power down or have trouble staying connected to the network.

roodissa, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working

1. My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter Randomly

2. Wifi adapter stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  3. Wifi adapter stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  4. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  5. Wifi adapter stopped working

Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  6. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi Randomly Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Randomly Stops Working: About a month ago the wifi adapter in my MSI GF63 8RC Laptop started periodically having an issue where it would show no available networks. When using the automatic troubleshooter in Windows 10 it said "There may be a problem with the driver for your wireless adapter"....
  8. Wifi Randomly Stops Working

Wifi Randomly Stops Working: About a month ago the wifi adapter in my MSI GF63 8RC Laptop started periodically having an issue where it would show no available networks. When using the automatic troubleshooter in Windows 10 it said "There may be a problem with the driver for your wireless adapter"....
  9. Wifi on Sony VAIO - adapter randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi on Sony VAIO - adapter randomly stopped working: Hi all, Hoping someone can help me as I'm a bit lost with this one. A friend whos laptop I've done some maintenance on has given me another of his friends to do much the same - including upgrade to an SSD and add more RAM. It's a Sony Vaio (VPCEB4J0E). The laptop was...
  10. Wifi adapter randomly stops.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adapter randomly stops.: Hello!, As the title suggests, my wifi card (Qualcomm Atheros QCA 9377) randomly stops working. It is showing a message on device manager saying something like "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems." This only started happening after updating to...