Windows 10: My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working

Discus and support My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared. if I check network properties, it shows qualcomm atheros AR956x wireless. But cant find anywhere. windows 10 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GAURAK, Nov 7, 2020.

1. GAURAK Win User

My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working

My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared. if I check network properties, it shows qualcomm atheros AR956x wireless. But cant find anywhere. windows 10 is installed on my pc

:)

GAURAK, Nov 7, 2020
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. kentosan Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Thanks for replying.

@Spirit MS MVP - This is the reason wifi is disabled when the computer goes into sleep mode. When I untick the "Allow computer to turn off the device to save power" and place the computer into sleep mode, the wifi adapter disappears. If i recheck it, and
    put the computer to sleep, the wifi adapter does not get uninstalled.

@Andre - First solution does not work because the adapter does not exist and is not listed in the Device Manager.

Second solution doesnt work because the adapter is not listed in Troubleshooting. I tried troubleshooting all adapters and nothing was returned.

Third solution again does not work because the adapter is not there to uninstall.

The wireless driver/adapter disappears after restarting from sleep mode when the adapter's ""Allow computer to turn off device to save power" setting is unchecked.

kentosan, Nov 7, 2020
  4. dgyaan Win User

My WiFi suddenly disappears from available wifi list

Hello community,

My WiFi name suddenly disappears from wifi list and it disconnects. My neighbors wifi appear, my hotspot appears, but only my wifi disappears.

Sometime troubleshooting works and my wifi appears, sometimes it doesn't.

It generally happens when my laptop sleeps or when I am doing some heavy processing like Premiere Pro.

There is nothing wrong with my router. There are no such issues from my other Windows & Android devices. On the same laptop where this problem is occurring, I have installed Ubuntu and I have never faced any such problem there as well.

So I go to adapter settings, disable and then re-enable "Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter". But sometimes even that does not work, so I have to reboot my PC.

I have already tried these things:

1. Update windows

2. Reinstall windows

3. Disabled power-saving in my wireless adapter settings.

4. Updated drivers.

5. Windows troubleshooting (works sometimes).

dgyaan, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

1. My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working - Similar Threads - wifi adapter suddenly

2. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  3. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  4. Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly: Hi, for past couple of days I have been noticing this problem, say I browse my net for sometime or do some other work, then I decide to run an application, a game,the application opens up, 5-10 seconds into the application, I see the bottom right corner suddenly showing I...
  5. Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly

Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly: Hi, for past couple of days I have been noticing this problem, say I browse my net for sometime or do some other work, then I decide to run an application, a game,the application opens up, 5-10 seconds into the application, I see the bottom right corner suddenly showing I...
  6. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  7. Wifi adapter disappeared

Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  8. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. WiFi Adapter Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi Adapter Disappeared: Hi community, wifi adapter gone missing. I can't see it from device manager. [ATTACH] I tried different solutions from microsoft community help and also from hp community. But, nothing is fruitful. First time several restarts works and then, I also changed power...
  10. WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi: I have a HP Spectre laptop which has been working fine until a Windows 10 update happened. Now the WiFI adapter Intel 8265 is not installed gives Code 56 error when I view in Device Manager. There is a yellow exclamation mark in front of the device. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. atheros ar956x code45 hidden