Windows 10: My Wifi always sucks when my brother turns/has its pc on

Discus and support My Wifi always sucks when my brother turns/has its pc on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everytime my brother turns his pc on, i have those ping spikes/disconnects and i dont know why its like that. we both are on Wifi sticks and i have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by quimp, Jun 5, 2023.

1. quimp Win User

My Wifi always sucks when my brother turns/has its pc on

Everytime my brother turns his pc on, i have those ping spikes/disconnects and i dont know why its like that. we both are on Wifi sticks and i have the TP link TL-WN881ND. We both have been on the same wifi and and had wifi sticks for over 3-4 years and i havent had any issues with my wifi sucking. The issue occured from about 3-4 months till now and i still couldnt fix it. Ive even reset my PC but it didnt help. Any help would be appreciateable. Thanks!

:)

quimp, Jun 5, 2023
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jun 5, 2023
  3. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Jun 5, 2023
  4. My Wifi always sucks when my brother turns/has its pc on

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

My Wifi always sucks when my brother turns/has its pc on

1. My Wifi always sucks when my brother turns/has its pc on - Similar Threads - Wifi always sucks

2. My Wifi always sucks when my brother turns/has its pc on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wifi always sucks when my brother turns/has its pc on: Everytime my brother turns his pc on, i have those ping spikes/disconnects and i dont know why its like that. we both are on Wifi sticks and i have the TP link TL-WN881ND. We both have been on the same wifi and and had wifi sticks for over 3-4 years and i havent had any...
  3. My Wifi always sucks when my brother turns/has its pc on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Wifi always sucks when my brother turns/has its pc on: Everytime my brother turns his pc on, i have those ping spikes/disconnects and i dont know why its like that. we both are on Wifi sticks and i have the TP link TL-WN881ND. We both have been on the same wifi and and had wifi sticks for over 3-4 years and i havent had any...
  4. Why is my pc dying when its turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc dying when its turned off: So one day I was going to use my problematic stupid computer to upload music to a device also my pc died 30 times while charging so while I kept trying I couldn’t get to iTunes and for some reason the battery gets lower every minute please help and also it keeps saying my ram...
  5. Why is my pc dying when its turned off

Why is my pc dying when its turned off: So one day I was going to use my problematic stupid computer to upload music to a device also my pc died 30 times while charging so while I kept trying I couldn’t get to iTunes and for some reason the battery gets lower every minute please help and also it keeps saying my ram...
  6. Wifi missing when I turn my pc on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi missing when I turn my pc on: When I turn my Pc on, only the 5g wifi of my ethernet show on phones, tv etc, the 2.4 disappear, but when I turn my pc off it came back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-missing-when-i-turn-my-pc-on/cfac89c6-1792-464a-9517-5ce02e7d7cb8
  7. Wifi missing when I turn my pc on

Wifi missing when I turn my pc on: When I turn my Pc on, only the 5g wifi of my ethernet show on phones, tv etc, the 2.4 disappear, but when I turn my pc off it came back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-missing-when-i-turn-my-pc-on/cfac89c6-1792-464a-9517-5ce02e7d7cb8
  8. Wifi missing when I turn my pc on

9. MY PC sucks

in Windows 10 Support
    MY PC sucks: I realize this is about hardware so not sure where to post this but here it goes. So I got this dell laptop a while ago and it is slow as hell. It is inter core i7 2.5 GHz or something and it says upto 3.9GHz so I am assuming it can be overclocked about that much. 8 GB Ram...
  10. Wifi Is Always Turned Off When I Open My Laptop

Wifi Is Always Turned Off When I Open My Laptop: I have a problem with my laptop. Whenever I turn it on, the WiFi is always off even though it was turned on the last time I used it before I turned it off. When I tried to turn the WiFi on with the button, it will still show that I'm not connected in any network, and the "x"...