Windows 10: my wifi button will not stay on.

Discus and support my wifi button will not stay on. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my wifi button will not stay on. Tried a couple of the suggestion re: device driver doesn't work and you can't reach a person at Microsoft.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JenniferIngham1, Sep 22, 2018.

1. my wifi button will not stay on.

my wifi button will not stay on. Tried a couple of the suggestion re: device driver doesn't work and you can't reach a person at Microsoft.

:)

JenniferIngham1, Sep 22, 2018

2. Wifi Button stays white

Hey Guys !

I recently upgraded my windows 7 to 10. Everything is fine except my wifi button (f12). It always stays white even if I turn off wireless connection. I updated my driver but its only change wireless mode to Airplane mode.

Help me to fix that issue because wifi always connected to internet and consuming the battery.

Osman Naeem, Sep 22, 2018
  3. ju4nj3 Win User
    Search button and Wifi petitions

Hi,

I send you two ideas/petitions.

For saving battery, and if GPS doesn't consume much to do this, it would be cool:

• Register with GPS the most used wifis (office, home, other) and automatically turn off wifi when you're moving.
    • If you don't move and you're using the phone, automatically turn on wifi, search for one and show notification about it. If no wifi found turn it automatically off again.
    Don't understand why have another search buttons on screen when you have one physically on the phone!!. It's a natural action to press the search button in the app that you are using. I suggest these situations.

• If you are in tiles screen and user press search button, show Bing.
    • If you are in app list and user press search button, show Search for apps.
    • If you are using an app and it supports search button, show the app's Search page.
    • If you are using an app and doesn't support search button, show Bing.
    • If you are using an app and you want show Bing, hold finger on search button like Back button on multitask.
    What do you think guys?

Regards,

ju4nj3, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

my wifi button will not stay on.

windows 10. pc not staying connected to wifi aft update

Hi
    Loraine,

Based on the details you have provided, it is possible that your
    TCP/IP
    was corrupted during the update. We recommend that you
    perform these methods of
    troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your Network Connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

my wifi button will not stay on.

1. my wifi button will not stay on. - Similar Threads - wifi button stay

2. Wifi not staying/turning on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not staying/turning on.: I found this fix after fixing the airplane mode was on and couldn't turn it off. Once I could turn it off, my WiFi stopped turning on.I tried the Taskbar, I tried the settings, under WiFi but the button disappeared. I then went to the control panel and found my solution.I...
  3. Wifi not staying/turning on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi not staying/turning on.: I found this fix after fixing the airplane mode was on and couldn't turn it off. Once I could turn it off, my WiFi stopped turning on.I tried the Taskbar, I tried the settings, under WiFi but the button disappeared. I then went to the control panel and found my solution.I...
  4. Wifi not staying/turning on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. wifi will not stay connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi will not stay connected: i am beyond over this i did have an ethernet connection but have moved and that is not an optionstart off connected it may last 2 min may last 10 then drops and reconnects sometimes this is any wifi network including mobile hotspots.. i have updated drivers, restore factory...
  6. wifi switch/button won't stay on

wifi switch/button won't stay on: I have 2 laptops, one of them, I have no troubles with my wifi, the other laptop was working fine, but now, I can't access the internet because suddenly, my wifi switch/button will not stay on, it keeps sliding back to off. I have looked up answers on my one laptop on the...
  7. ON/OFF Button Won't Stay ON (??)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ON/OFF Button Won't Stay ON (??): When going to Settings > Gaming and trying to turn the Game Bar button ON (from the right, OFF position), the button stubbornly goes right back to the OFF position (???). See attached screenshot. Anyone have any insight on this? VERY WEIRD! 147888
  8. WIFI will not stay connected on my computer

WIFI will not stay connected on my computer: How to fix the problem is listed below. Go to Network and Sharing Center select Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your wireless connection (the name of the wireless connection) - select Properties - select Configure. Click on the Power Management tab - deselect "Allow...
  9. WiFi Will not Stay Connected

WiFi Will not Stay Connected: I have a Asus Q200E and i have windows 10 on the computer. When using my Mac, it never has problems staying connected to the wifi so I know that is not the issue. I need help with this issue. Thanks...
  10. WiFI not staying on

WiFI not staying on: I had to replace the hard drive on a friends acer aspire/m laptop and installed win 10 1803. I was using ethernet cable to for the internet, but when I took it off to test the wifi, the wifi is turned off. I turned the wifi on, but it still shows the connection is still off....