Windows 10: my wifi connection goes off all the time

Discus and support my wifi connection goes off all the time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; im having trouble with my wifi connection --- its hard to use any device that is wifi --- I have to reset it 25 times a day --- is it my router or what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by harrystage, Apr 9, 2020.

1. my wifi connection goes off all the time

im having trouble with my wifi connection --- its hard to use any device that is wifi --- I have to reset it 25 times a day --- is it my router or what --- best buy geeks say its the router -

:)

harrystage, Apr 9, 2020
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Apr 9, 2020
  4. my wifi connection goes off all the time

WiFi connection problems HTC TyTn

This is common in all windows mobile devices(both professional and standard). When the device goes into standby mode, the operating system tells the WiFi radio to switch itself off. That is why you loose the connection. When you again turn it on,
    the OS tells the wifi radio to turn itself on again. This time, it may or may not reconnect by itself. If it does not, there is no need to turn the phone off and on. Just follow these steps:

• go to start> settings
    • go to connections tab
    • go to wifi
    • select your wifi network. tap and hold on it and select "connect".

TarandeepKaur, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

my wifi connection goes off all the time

1. my wifi connection goes off all the time - Similar Threads - wifi connection goes

2. Wifi just goes off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi just goes off.: Every day at around 11PM if I am online, I lose WIFI. When I try to find available networks there are none listed. So, I refresh the window I was in, and the "no network" window pops up and asks if I want to run a diagnostic, which I do, and it brings it back?!?! But why does...
  3. Wifi just goes off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi just goes off.: Every day at around 11PM if I am online, I lose WIFI. When I try to find available networks there are none listed. So, I refresh the window I was in, and the "no network" window pops up and asks if I want to run a diagnostic, which I do, and it brings it back?!?! But why does...
  4. WiFi connection turns off after some time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connection turns off after some time: I turn on my laptop an use it normaly (browsing, playing games...) with a normal stable wifi connection, but after some time (80% of the time) the wifi connection drops and when I try to reconnect to my wifi network it says "Can't connect to this network " on every listed...
  5. No connection+connection interrupted all the time?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No connection+connection interrupted all the time?: Thank you in advance to everyone who is helping me out. I have a hp omen gaming pc on windows ten, and when i connect to wifi and try to use google, steam, discord and probably anything, it says offline or no connection. On google it says my connection was interupted. I have...
  6. My WiFi disconnects every time and goes up to 2k ping each time.

My WiFi disconnects every time and goes up to 2k ping each time.: [ATTACH] This is the error. I know its not the network cable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-wifi-disconnects-every-time-and-goes-up-to-2k/4d732b9b-030f-4e3d-9036-d655323c919b
  7. My Wifi keeps dropping all the time.

My Wifi keeps dropping all the time.: I've been having this problem for a long time, but recently it became much more of a problem. Basicaly, Windows says that Wifi is connected and working properly, but apparently it doesn't. So as you can imagine, gaming and basicaly everything is a pain in the ass. I tried...
  8. Wifi Disconnects All The Time

Wifi Disconnects All The Time: I honestly have no clue why this happens, so i will just write down some information that may or may not be useful. My laptop keeps disconnecting from my home wifi, this happens all the time, but mainly when i'm using it, i have tried all the common methods of fixing this...
  9. Turning wifi off at set times?

Turning wifi off at set times?: Is it possible to set an on/off time for a routers wifi at set times even when the PC is off? Id like to be able to turn the wifi off over night without physically turning it off via the router itself or through the browser. My router allows me to set a time but it doesnt...
  10. All Wifi connections are unidentified

All Wifi connections are unidentified: I was gone from my school for two days and when I came back, I tried to connect to my school's wireless networks. All possible access points that my school is offering were unidentified in the Network and Sharing Center. Even though the access point name is show perfectly...