Windows 10: My Wifi does not work correctly on my computer

Discus and support My Wifi does not work correctly on my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my computer runs windows 10 I am able to use wifi but I can't run It well. I know it's not the router because it's a great router and until today it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sankdom, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Sankdom Win User

My Wifi does not work correctly on my computer

my computer runs windows 10

I am able to use wifi but I can't run It well.

I know it's not the router because it's a great router and until today it was running great and it still runs fine on all of my devices. I can search the web though it is slow but when I try and run discord or steam or any application that requires wifi to open It acts like I'm not connected to wifi saying it can't find any wifi even though I have great wifi and I am connected to it. I can't play any games and it frustrates me because it a new PC. I tried restarting my router. I tried reinstalling my network adapters. I tried everything I can think of I am positive it's not the wifi but my computer can someone help. I have a guess it might be the new windows update. thank you for your time

:)

Sankdom, Jan 19, 2021

2. New computer setup wifi not working

I am trying to set up a new Lenovo IdeaCentre A540 Series all-in-one running Windows 10 Home. When it was walking through the initial setup, it detected several nearby WiFi networks. I had a problem getting the mouse connected and was not able to set the WiFi network. It was turned off and back on and then, upon getting back to that step, did not detect any WiFi. In Network and Internet settings it has no WiFi adapter listed and no WiFi options anywhere. I did make sure network discovery was turned on and I checked in Device Manager that the network adapter was enabled, but it doesn’t show up anywhere but in Device Manager.

Under Network Properties, it does list WiFi and says “Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter”, status not present and connectivity disconnected. Under Device Manager I don’t see that adapter, it shows “Realtek PCle GbE Family Controller”, which appears to be the Ethernet adapter maybe? and a variety of WAN Miniports.

I’ve pretty much maxed out my knowledge here and I can’t find this exact issue when I search, so any advice would be much appreciated. Trying to help my stepdad set up to work from home during the pandemic...

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, now it's working. I realized I could show hidden devices in Device Manager, so I found the wireless adapter there. It was showing as not connected, so I shut down and dragged everything to another room and connected an ethernet cable, whereupon the wireless adapter started working perfectly. Maybe it was turning it off and back on the third time that worked, who knows...

Courtnet85, Jan 19, 2021
  3. asus2016 Win User
    Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

For some reason, the printer lasted less than 24 hours printing correctly, and now I again can't fix it, even by doing what "worked" before (Comment #6 upthread).

Regarding the static IP suggestion:
    1. The printer is connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer on the home network. It's not on the network by IP address. Here is a screenshot of the printer port properties.
      My Wifi does not work correctly on my computer [​IMG]
    2. Although there ARE "headaches" as is said above, the vast majority of the other computers on the home wifi network, NEVER have had a problem printing to it. And this applies to computers that have run XP, Win7, Win10, and MacOS. For the most part until now, it's included the particular Win10 computer in question.
    3. If I still might be able to give it a static IP address, will this affect the other computers that have been able to print to it fine using printer name?

asus2016, Jan 19, 2021
  4. bosco370 Win User

Windows 10 Wifi Won't work

I tried all these suggestions & my wifi still won't turn on.

My wifi works on an older computer that doesn't have Windows 10. So it's a problem with the system,

I need help. Next step is buying a new computer.

bosco370, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. My Wifi does not work correctly on my computer - Similar Threads - Wifi does correctly

2. Wifi does work on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi does work on my laptop: It is the same as the name says, I tried to use the answer in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-option-under-network-internet/0c8d6cd3-cb24-4ba3-8572-28c945d36c29 but it did not help any suggestions ?...
  3. Wifi does work on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi does work on my laptop: It is the same as the name says, I tried to use the answer in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-option-under-network-internet/0c8d6cd3-cb24-4ba3-8572-28c945d36c29 but it did not help any suggestions ?...
  4. My computer does not boot correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer does not boot correctly.: Hello everyone! The reason for this is because I have been getting quite frustrated by a small problem with my PC booting up. I say the word "small" because it is something that does not interfere with the functionality of Windows. Once the computer boots, everything runs...
  5. My computer does not boot correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer does not boot correctly.: Hello everyone! The reason for this is because I have been getting quite frustrated by a small problem with my PC booting up. I say the word "small" because it is something that does not interfere with the functionality of Windows. Once the computer boots, everything runs...
  6. My computer does not boot correctly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. my computer does not show the correct location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer does not show the correct location: my computer does not show the correct location which means I can't get on my draftkings account and others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-show-the-correct-location/5fbdda39-74a1-4a95-aeb0-f3b252df406c
  8. my computer does not show the correct location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer does not show the correct location: my computer does not show the correct location which means I can't get on my draftkings account and others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-show-the-correct-location/5fbdda39-74a1-4a95-aeb0-f3b252df406c
  9. my computer isn't working correctly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer isn't working correctly.: EVERY time there's an update on my PC the performance takes another dive. i have to click 10 to 20 times to do anything such as comment or to look at a pic or change pages. it snatches me off pages and sends me somewhere else. when i do a search and the bar comes down and i...
  10. My computer does not keep correct time

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer does not keep correct time: Where do I post if I am having trouble with keeping the correct time on my Dell OptiPlex 745 PC with Windows 10 (1607)? 102626