Windows 10: My wifi driver seems to not be working on Windows 10. Despite all network discovery being...

Discus and support My wifi driver seems to not be working on Windows 10. Despite all network discovery being... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My wifi on my Windows 10 computer stopped working. In troubleshooting, I confirmed that my router works fine with other computers, I can still get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CAA314159, Feb 27, 2024.

1. CAA314159 Win User

My wifi driver seems to not be working on Windows 10. Despite all network discovery being...

My wifi on my Windows 10 computer stopped working. In troubleshooting, I confirmed that my router works fine with other computers, I can still get to the IP address of the router by typing it in manually, but I only see Airplane Mode as an option in my network options. I tried updating the driver and it says I have the latest version. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but with no change. I tried to reset the network, but with no change. I tried enabling all network discovery via the admin command prompt. When I look at the event history of the wifi driver, I see it was deleted around t

:)

CAA314159, Feb 27, 2024

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

1. Make sure that the following dependency services are started:
      • DNS Client
      • Function Discovery Resource Publication
      • SSDP Discovery
      • UPnP Device Host
    2. Configure the Windows firewall to allow Network Discovery. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Open Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click Windows Firewall.
      2. In the left pane, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2012. Or, click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server
        2008 R2.
      3. Click Change settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
      4. Select Network discovery, and then click OK.
    3. Configure other firewalls in the network to allow Network Discovery.
    4. Turn on Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center.

ShenCervantes, Feb 27, 2024
  4. My wifi driver seems to not be working on Windows 10. Despite all network discovery being...

Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

1. Make sure that the following dependency services are started:
      • DNS Client
      • Function Discovery Resource Publication
      • SSDP Discovery
      • UPnP Device Host
    2. Configure the Windows firewall to allow Network Discovery. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Open Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click Windows Firewall.
      2. In the left pane, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2012. Or, click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server
        2008 R2.
      3. Click Change settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
      4. Select Network discovery, and then click OK.
    3. Configure other firewalls in the network to allow Network Discovery.
    4. Turn on Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center.

ShenCervantes, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

My wifi driver seems to not be working on Windows 10. Despite all network discovery being...

1. My wifi driver seems to not be working on Windows 10. Despite all network discovery being... - Similar Threads - wifi driver seems

2. My wifi driver seems to not be working on Windows 10. Despite all network discovery being...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi driver seems to not be working on Windows 10. Despite all network discovery being...: My wifi on my Windows 10 computer stopped working. In troubleshooting, I confirmed that my router works fine with other computers, I can still get to the IP address of the router by typing it in manually, but I only see Airplane Mode as an option in my network options. I...
  3. My wifi driver seems to not be working on Windows 10. Despite all network discovery being...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My wifi driver seems to not be working on Windows 10. Despite all network discovery being...: My wifi on my Windows 10 computer stopped working. In troubleshooting, I confirmed that my router works fine with other computers, I can still get to the IP address of the router by typing it in manually, but I only see Airplane Mode as an option in my network options. I...
  4. win 10, network discovery not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10, network discovery not working.: Win 10 only sees itself. I've tried the basics and some suggested fixes to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-network-discovery-not-working/70304302-1512-49f7-9921-9f2c90421455
  5. Network Discovery not working, Windows 10

Network Discovery not working, Windows 10: Yes, this keeps coming up and Microsoft still hasn't fixed it or improved the troubleshooter: Yesterday my home network discovery and access, via credentials was working fine. Today, discovery is gone and the computers are invisible to each other. Nothing changed! Nobody...
  6. WIFI is not picking up networks despite being turned on

WIFI is not picking up networks despite being turned on: I have Windows 10 desktop computer with a 802.11n USB Wireless LAN card plugged into one of the front USB ports. Even though WIFI is turned on, it never picks up anything. It just says "No WI-FI Networks Found". Airplane mode is turned off. Firewall is on. So it isn't...
  7. Network discovery doesnt work

Network discovery doesnt work: I can no longer right click on the wifi button to open up available wifi networks. I have tried resetting, troubleshooting etc and the "sharing button" doesn't work either. What do I do?...
  8. Network Discovery not Working

Network Discovery not Working: As a part-time IT support person for a non-profit organization I have found that correcting the issues with network discovery over the years on different versions of Windows to be almost impossible and have found ways of living with them. Now that I have managed to end up...
  9. Windows 10 Network Discovery Not Working on Home Network

Windows 10 Network Discovery Not Working on Home Network: I have 4 computers in a home network, but only 2 of them can see each other. Up until recently I was using Windows 10 Homegroup with printer sharing enabled, but now that the Homegroup feature has been removed from Windows 10 I'm stuck. Printer sharing used to work with the...
  10. Network Discovery not working ?

Network Discovery not working ?: Hi Forum *Smile I am facing a problem that my PC running Windows 10 cant see other PC's/Devices on my network. Idk. if it have something to do with i cant make/join a homegroup. I was told to remove a file in...