Windows 10: My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

Discus and support My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings yesterday my wifi was working fine and I had a wifi icon to detect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dg142dg, Sep 18, 2018.

1. dg142dg Win User

My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

yesterday my wifi was working fine and I had a wifi icon to detect networks. then it stopped working and I can't see a wifi icon. when I go to settings - there is no wifi setting. I've tried rebooting, updating drivers, running troubleshoot. nothing works.

:)

dg142dg, Sep 18, 2018
  2. mizkhan Win User

WiFi icon on the toolbar not showing the list of available networks

when I right click on my WiFi icon on the tool bar it used to show me a list of available networks to connect but now its showing me blank list.

Please Help

mizkhan, Sep 18, 2018
  3. ericnixmd Win User
    Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray?

If I click the wifi icon or cellular icon in the tray, my options are listed as wifi, airplane mode, cellular, and mobile hotspot.

Is there a way to rearrange these so they are in the order wifi, cellular, mobile hotspot, airplane mode?

My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings [​IMG]

ericnixmd, Sep 18, 2018
  4. My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

1. My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings - Similar Threads - wifi icon showing

2. Wifi network list icons bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi network list icons bug: [ATTACH] My Wifi network list has broken icons, both on secured and open networks. any suggestion how to fix it? Windows 10 20H2 (but the bug was present on previous build as well). Those are both secured network submitted by /u/tommasovdev [link] [comments]...
  3. Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray: Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608 Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray. [ATTACH] (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.) [ATTACH] Additionally, at the network and internet section of my settings page,...
  4. Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray: Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608 Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray. https://i.imgur.com/iA9thDM.png (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.) https://i.imgur.com/ofmLdHr.png Additionally, at the network...
  5. *WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*

*WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*: So My First Problem Is That Theres No Wifi Icon In Taskbar but if i check the the system icons settings, the network is already on. The second is if i click the network icon is notification panel thing idk it only shows me the network & internet option and airplane mode...
  6. All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list

All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list: Hi Team, For understanding purpose I am naming my wifi connection as A and other connections are B,C,D,E,F,..etc Laptop and mobile are in same room Laptop connected to wifi A Mobile connected to wifi A all of sudden Laptop disconnected to wifi and couldn't able for...
  7. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...
  8. WIFI Networks not showing up in the network tray

WIFI Networks not showing up in the network tray: I just upgraded to windows 10 via windows updater tool (available on microsoft's official website). I'm using an external adapter i.e. TP-LINK-WN722N to connect to the wifi network because apparently, the router is located far off from where I use my laptop. The problem is...
  9. WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing: It was working day before yesterday. The Tray icon only shows the network/Ethernet adapter; the wifi icon is missing. Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks; that option is not available. Instead I get "Not Connected - No Connections Available."...
  10. Connected via WiFi but only ethernet network icon shows in Tray

Connected via WiFi but only ethernet network icon shows in Tray: Here's a strange one. I am connected via Wifi, everything works fine, fast, stable. But I just noticed the icon showing in my Tray area is the wired ethernet icon. (No RJ45 cable connected, no docking station). [img] Is this a bug or a feature? 74525