Windows 10: my wifi is now slower

Discus and support my wifi is now slower in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; alright so listen like last month or like december i updated my computer right, and after that update my wifi on my computer is going veryyyyyy slowand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mahendra adhikari1, Mar 2, 2024.

1. my wifi is now slower

alright so listen like last month or like december i updated my computer right, and after that update my wifi on my computer is going veryyyyyy slowand i know its not my wifi plan because im useing wireless wi-fi soidk whats wrong but please helpim a highschool student and theres been numerous amounts of times that i almost didnt finsih an assignment for schoolthis is really hindering my success please helpplease and thank you

:)

mahendra adhikari1, Mar 2, 2024
  2. asus2016 Win User

One device much slower than others on home wifi - why?

I spoke with the shop once I could be in front of the computer. Yes. They too were puzzled.

What they think is that:
    1. They must have goofed up the parts list for it
    2. So the Dell 1397 is the adapter I have
    3. And the "radio" must be getting weak or intermittent

Even though I have no Intel 7260 showing in Device Manager:

my wifi is now slower 279267d1589832945t-one-device-much-slower-than-others-home-wifi-why-9wifi-devmgr.jpg

I went to the Intel site and downloaded the drivers for the 7260. Ran the exe, it ran fine, no errors, told me to restart so changes would take hold - but when I got back, there still wasn't a 7260 listed.

At that point I called the shop again and they said that it's "not uncommon" for an Intel driver install exe to just run, even if its target hardware isn't present. Sounds goofy to me, but okay.

I don't know how useful this is, but here's the ipconfig /all listing, for the wireless on my computer:

my wifi is now slower 279268d1589833112t-one-device-much-slower-than-others-home-wifi-why-9wifi-ipconfig.jpg

I read the guy at the shop the list of network adapters in device manager, and he agreed that none other than the 1397 were wireless adapters.

So - unless a miracle can happen and someone can show me where this alleged 7260 is - I'm going to wait for the shop to help me, or, maybe, if it's not too hard - this is an all-in-one PC and opening up even a big box scares me - put a new card in myself.

asus2016, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Burnsie Win User
    WiFi much slower on my windows 10 pc

Hi So, I’ve installed a new duel band wifi card... it didn’t really solve the issue... well, nearly. Sometimes I’m up at 70mbps, and other I’m between 10-20mbps (which is a little faster). I’ve used the app/program suggested and can see that my 5ghz single is "weak"...so maybe that explains the lack of consistent increase since I upgraded my card?
    my wifi is now slower 345238d1630761050t-wifi-much-slower-my-windows-10-pc-capture.jpg

Burnsie, Mar 2, 2024
  4. my wifi is now slower

Recommendation for WiFi usb / card

If you have a desktop computer I would STRONGLY suggest a PCIe adapter rather than a USB adapter if you go with WiFi 6. The only USB WiFi adapters that I have seen thus far use a Realtek chipset which is reported to have some serious flaws. In my own personal experience, I have tried 2 of these and returned both, getting performance worse than other WiFi 5 adapters and constant disconnects even 10 feet from my WiFi router. If you go with a USB adapter, I would suggest a quality WiFi 5 adapter. One more note: Should you decide to go with a WiFi 6 PCIe adapter, I would suggest a WiFi 6e model. They actually cost no more, and they are one step up just in case you ever go to a WiFi 6e router.

hsehestedt, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

my wifi is now slower

1. my wifi is now slower - Similar Threads - wifi slower

2. my wifi is now slower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my wifi is now slower: alright so listen like last month or like december i updated my computer right, and after that update my wifi on my computer is going veryyyyyy slowand i know its not my wifi plan because im useing wireless wi-fi soidk whats wrong but please helpim a highschool student and...
  3. my wifi is now slower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my wifi is now slower: alright so listen like last month or like december i updated my computer right, and after that update my wifi on my computer is going veryyyyyy slowand i know its not my wifi plan because im useing wireless wi-fi soidk whats wrong but please helpim a highschool student and...
  4. my wifi is now slower

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi speed slower on pc than on Iphone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi speed slower on pc than on Iphone.: I build my own pc a few months ago and everything worked fine, but about a month ago it started to slow down. I have 250 Mbits/s on my phone and on almost every other device in my house, but i reach only between 10-60 Mbits/s on my pc. I did speed tests at the same distance...
  6. windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile: I've recently had changed my router to accomodate higher speeds but for some reason my pc is slower than my phone in terms of wifi.. specifically about 86 times slower...does anyone know what is causing this? both screenshots are from the same time and wifileft is my pc and...
  7. windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile

windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile: I've recently had changed my router to accomodate higher speeds but for some reason my pc is slower than my phone in terms of wifi.. specifically about 86 times slower...does anyone know what is causing this? both screenshots are from the same time and wifileft is my pc and...
  8. wifi on my pc is 86 times slower than my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi on my pc is 86 times slower than my phone: I've recenty changed my router to accomodate higher speeds but for some reason my pc is slower than my phone in terms of wifi.. specifically about 86 times slower...does anyone know what is causing this? both screenshots are from the same time and wifi. Above is my pc wifi...
  9. wifi on my pc is 86 times slower than my phone

wifi on my pc is 86 times slower than my phone: I've recenty changed my router to accomodate higher speeds but for some reason my pc is slower than my phone in terms of wifi.. specifically about 86 times slower...does anyone know what is causing this? both screenshots are from the same time and wifi. Above is my pc wifi...
  10. wifi on my pc is 86 times slower than my phone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging