Windows 10: My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting at will and at random times

Discus and support My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting at will and at random times in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I've performed a clean installation of Windows 10 in my Acer Laptop I am experiencing problems with the wifi. Sometimes I spend hours surfing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dimitris__K, Mar 25, 2020.

1. My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting at will and at random times

Since I've performed a clean installation of Windows 10 in my Acer Laptop I am experiencing problems with the wifi. Sometimes I spend hours surfing the web with no problem and suddenly Windows are disconnecting from wifi, then they may reconnect maybe not. I switch the wifi off and then back on and the wifi may continue working for another 3 or 4 hours but maybe not. I've tried many different driver updates for my "Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter" but nothing fixed the problem that pops completely at random. I've searched many forums but nothing solved my problem. I'm sure that my modem is working properly because all smart devices are connecting with no issues and another laptop with Windows 10 as well.

Apart from that, the laptop before the format had no problems with the wifi. I would appreciate it if you could help me!

Here is the error with event id 411 that I found on device manager:

My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting at will and at random times cf04bd79-b0cd-4dc2-ab9d-2e6b2aa637ed?upload=true.png

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP

Date: 22/2/2020 1:11:47 μμ

Event ID: 411

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-S6E94VQ

Description:

Device PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_064211AD&REV_01\4&15675af4&0&00E1 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem30.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: athr

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters: vwifibus

Problem: 0x15

Problem Status: 0x0

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" />

<EventID>411</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-22T11:11:47.515029900Z" />

<EventRecordID>374</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="1088" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-S6E94VQ</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">PCI\VEN_168C&amp;DEV_0036&amp;SUBSYS_064211AD&amp;REV_01\4&amp;15675af4&amp;0&amp;00E1</Data>

<Data Name="DriverName">oem30.inf</Data>

<Data Name="ClassGuid">{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}</Data>

<Data Name="ServiceName">athr</Data>

<Data Name="LowerFilters">

</Data>

<Data Name="UpperFilters">vwifibus</Data>

<Data Name="Problem">0x15</Data>

<Data Name="Status">0x0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

Dimitris__K, Mar 25, 2020

2. Wifi connection keeps disconnecting

Hey, guys, so I go to college and I use my school's Wifi. My roommates don't have this problem so it's just me. Whenever it disconnects, I go to the Network and Sharing Center to diagnose it. When I diagnose it, it fixes it and I get this (attached an image). But after awhile, it will disconnect so I will have to repeat this process multiple times a day. Can anybody help?Thanks.
    My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting at will and at random times [​IMG]

jonathanhov, Mar 25, 2020
  3. ChaseH96 Win User
    Wifi keeps disconnecting seemingly at random intervals

I have a brand new HP Pavilion laptop that I received for Christmas. Ever since I first installed windows and connected to the WiFi I have had an issues where it disconnects at random intervals. Sometimes its hours in between and some times it is minutes.
    When I first lose connection to the WiFi the status still shows I have a strong connection, but when I disconnect it first says the WiFi is turned off and takes several attempts to reestablish connection.

ChaseH96, Mar 25, 2020
  4. sandila Win User

My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting at will and at random times

wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

My laptop on wifi network keeps disconnecting frequently.
    I am not able to understand what is the problem. While my mobile phone is
    always connected on the same Wifi network.

Here are a couple of screenshots how I have to restore the connectivity each time.

Now the problem is each time I go and disable the connection manually and then enable it does restore the connectivity. Why should I do this ? What is the problem as what is happening.

I thought power management to be a problem so I checked
    How to Check if Connected or Disconnected Modern Standby in Windows 10
    Here is a screenshot of powercg /a on my system

30 days before reading this tutorial Add Networking connectivity in Standby to Power Options in Windows 10 I had added the option to add network connectivity in standby mode. By using the following command powercfg -attributes F15576E8-98B7-4186-B944-EAFA664402D9 -ATTRIB_HIDE
    as mentioned in option one of tutorial.
    However if you see the powercfg /a output
    my system does not have support by firmware
    Code:
    so I hope that did not work. Later on after all this my system performance was not good due to other reasons.
    So I used media creation tool and on that there was an option to upgrade I choose that, the laptop seem to be formatted for system files (that is my understanding if something else happened then I do not know).
    All the settings and apps and device drivers were present as it is.
    I again after a couple of days used media creation tool

So all settings I think got erased.
    However this is not the cause of my problem I am just mentioning to understand what I did.
    2 things I want to know
    1) What is the cause of my network connectivity problems while mobile phones are connected and they don't disconnect in this Wifi network but Laptop does.

2) How to backup my existing device drivers if I format the system.

I am on
    Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)

sandila, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting at will and at random times

1. My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting at will and at random times - Similar Threads - wifi keeps connecting

2. WIFI keeps disconnecting randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI keeps disconnecting randomly.: My WIFI on my Windows 10 randomly goes out for no apparent reason, And I can tell that its not the WIFI having issues, because the WIFI works great on other devices. Whenever it disconnects, I can't do anything to fix it besides restarting, and it happens very frequently...
  3. WIFI keeps disconnecting randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI keeps disconnecting randomly.: My WIFI on my Windows 10 randomly goes out for no apparent reason, And I can tell that its not the WIFI having issues, because the WIFI works great on other devices. Whenever it disconnects, I can't do anything to fix it besides restarting, and it happens very frequently...
  4. WIFI keeps disconnecting randomly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi keeps disconnecting randomly

Wifi keeps disconnecting randomly: Hello Microsoft support, Since I switched to windows 10 I am having stability issues with my wifi connection: My desktop pc loses connection to my router in arbitrary time intervals. Sometimes every 5 minutes, sometimes my connection is stable for an hour. After the...
  6. Wifi connects and disconnects randomly

Wifi connects and disconnects randomly: I recently purchased the MSI gp65 leopard 10sfk-047 and immediately I started experiencing a problem with the wifi. It would disconnect every 15 minutes give or take, and then reconnect again after a few seconds. Its the intel wifi 6 ax201 card. Can you please help? I tried...
  7. My WiFi connection keeps disconnecting regularly

My WiFi connection keeps disconnecting regularly: Hello guys i've just bought a new lenovo legion y540 and i my WiFi keeps disconnecting regularly. First time to troubleshoot a message "DNS server unavailable" and after some days suffering i troubleshooted again and got another message "reset Wi-Fi adapters" and every time...
  8. WiFi keeps disconnecting randomly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi keeps disconnecting randomly?: I've had this issue for like 6 months and I'm yet to find a fix. My computer disconnects every few hours (sometimes every few minutes), and I have to manually reconnect every time it happens. It also disconnects when I put it on sleep mode or turn it off. I've tried updating...
  9. USB Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting: So I have Windows 10 Pro desktop, MSI M/B, Nvidia GPU I have had 2 different brand (different brands even) USB 3.0 Wifi adapters and they both have exhibited the same behavior. Intermittently independent of load or any other variable I can think to test they will just...
  10. Wifi connection keeps disconnecting

Wifi connection keeps disconnecting: Hey, guys, so I go to college and I use my school's Wifi. My roommates don't have this problem so it's just me. Whenever it disconnects, I go to the Network and Sharing Center to diagnose it. When I diagnose it, it fixes it and I get this (attached an image). But after...