Windows 10: My wifi on windows 10 is in airplane mode and the windows defender firewall is off

Discus and support My wifi on windows 10 is in airplane mode and the windows defender firewall is off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The airplane mode is grey and it will not let me click on it turn it off. The windows defender firewall won't let me turn it back on. So, I said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rosietwo C, Mar 1, 2020.

1. My wifi on windows 10 is in airplane mode and the windows defender firewall is off

The airplane mode is grey and it will not let me click on it turn it off. The windows defender firewall won't let me turn it back on. So, I said restore to default settings. It spins and does nothing..Please Help..............

:)

Rosietwo C, Mar 1, 2020

2. Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

I tried all steps and avenues above to turn Airplane Mode OFF of my Dell PC (equipped with bluetooth/wifi), and Airplane Mode with Windows 10 is always on. Even when I try to click to slide it off, it still slides back to "on". I do not see the Airplane icon however, and also I don't notice any wifi connection issues with my computer as that's how I connect to the internet, so I guess I'll leave well enough alone. Just don't understand why it's always on and wont let me slide it to the off position.

susychpstk, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Wifi and airplane modus tab is missing ( Windows 10 )

HI Khaila,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

For WIFI issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest WIFI drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, download and install the drivers for Windows 8/8.1 from the manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

For Airplane Mode issue:

Please share the details.

• What is the status when you try to turn on Airplane mode?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to turn on airplane mode.

• Press Windows + I form keyboard to open setting.

• Go to network and internet.

• Click on Airplane mode and select turn off
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 1, 2020
  4. KhailaH Win User

My wifi on windows 10 is in airplane mode and the windows defender firewall is off

Wifi and airplane modus tab is missing ( Windows 10 )

How do I install the lastest WIFI drivers from my computer?

For airplane mode issue. The problem is i dont have that airplane mode tab, it’s gone.

Here is a picture, as u can see, the wifi AND airplane mode is GONE
    My wifi on windows 10 is in airplane mode and the windows defender firewall is off 9cfd13b0-c095-4ce6-9026-3429b10c3bfd.png

KhailaH, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

My wifi on windows 10 is in airplane mode and the windows defender firewall is off

1. My wifi on windows 10 is in airplane mode and the windows defender firewall is off - Similar Threads - wifi airplane mode

2. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  3. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  4. blinking on and off airplane mode on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blinking on and off airplane mode on windows 10: there is always showing auto on and off airplane mode on the screen. i need help on how to stop that. otherwise I cant use my wi-fi network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-on-and-off-airplane-mode-on-windows-10/fd94a29c-c9f6-4cab-963c-ea56877073a4
  5. Turning off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off Airplane Mode in Windows 10: I installed an update from Microsoft for Windows 10, once it installed it for whatever reason turned on airplane mode! Now that in & of it's self may not be a bad thing, but it is when it's on a DESKTOP COMPUTER!! I've googled, Binged, MSN, you name it, trying to get help on...
  6. Airplane mode flicking on and off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airplane mode flicking on and off in Windows 10: I can disable the airplane mode driver via device manager right click start in Windows 10 but after the computer switches on again airplane mode again flicks on and off, about twice a second. How can I permanently fix this issue?...
  7. Can’t turn airplane mode off, WiFi on.

Can’t turn airplane mode off, WiFi on.: While on my laptop on my home wifi my cat walked across my keyboard and somehow put me into airplane mode. Now I can’t get out of airplane mode or turn wifi on. When I try to turn wifi on I get a message “No Wi-Fi Networks Found”. I know the network is available, my phone is...
  8. Airplane mode/wifi

Airplane mode/wifi: My airplane mode keeps coming on and going off, ive tried all the listed suggestions and i cannot stop it. I have an HP laptop and windows 10. Please can anyone help me . I have a deadline due today. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Can't Turn Airplane Mode off and Wifi On

Can't Turn Airplane Mode off and Wifi On: There was some type of update that was done and ever since, I don't have a wifi icon and airplane mode is on and greyed out. The network icon is also greyed out. Also, the Windows Security Center Service has bern disabled. I really don't know what to do. I have an HP...
  10. Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Airplane mode is a feature that gives you a quick way to turn off all wireless communication on your PC. As the name implies, it's especially useful when you're on an...