Windows 10: My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections

Discus and support My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I Have A Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 emmc 32gb UpOn Which Is Running Windows 10 Operating System. I Have Tried All Of The Standard Procedures In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Koick Johnson, Feb 28, 2019.

1. My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections

I Have A Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 emmc 32gb UpOn Which Is Running Windows 10 Operating System.

I Have Tried All Of The Standard Procedures In An Effort To Try And Solve The Problem With This Systems Failure To List My Wireless Router Along With The Other Wireless Router Connections On The Network Of Which So Far I Have Been Unsuccessful To Achieve. I Find It Very Strange To Watch The Listing Of Other Wireless Routers Appear And Disappear While My Wireless Router Does Not Get Listed At All. The Last Thing I Have Done Was To Remove And Install A Later Revision Of The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 WIFI Adapter Driver Of Which Has Not Changed Device Behavior At All. I Do Know That This Problem Has Something To Do With The Windows 10 Operating System Software And Not Hardware Because This Very Same Computer Finds And List My Wireless Router Just Fine When Booted Up And Run Under Linux Mint.

Currently, I Am At My Wit's End Concerning This Problem. Could It Be That My Windows 10 System Is Corrupted?

:)

Koick Johnson, Feb 28, 2019
  2. CLee9 Win User

"WiFi- Show Available Networks" does not list wireless routers anymore

Thanks Mr. Cai,

Before I try your suggestions, I have to know if I can undo your changes? Presently, my WIFI still connects to exiting wireless routers that it had been using for past year. Windows 10 somehow stores these "remembered connections" but does not display
    them. I think your suggestions will make me lose these "remembered connections", which means that my windows 10 will never be able to connect to any WIFI !!

After carrying out your suggestions -if lose my "remembered WIFI" connections and am still not able to see a list of available WIFI routers, can I restore these "remembered WIFI" by restoring my win 10 registry?

CLee9, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Marc Cai Win User
    "WiFi- Show Available Networks" does not list wireless routers anymore

It is good to be cautious at all times. To set an expectation regarding the concern, the
    network lists or saved network profiles should not be affected by the steps. But in order to be sure that everything will be safe and sound, please refer to the following links:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Back up and restore your PC

I noticed that there are good new suggestions. It is best to give each of them a chance.

Regards.

Marc Cai, Feb 28, 2019
  4. My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections

I cant access to my wifi router

Wifi router

Hello marcosamerio..
    If you are unable to connect access your wifi router then there must be some problem with connection. I think the following step scan help you to connect it properly to wireless router.

Connect your computer to the wireless router. Although you can access the router wirelessly, it is better to use an Ethernet cable to directly connect to your router so that you can securely adjust router settings. Plug the Ethernet cable into the appropriate Ethernet jack on your computer. Plug the other end of the cable into any one of the open Ethernet ports on the back of your wireless router.

2. Open a Web browser. In the URL address field, enter the IP address for your wireless router. This information should be contained in your router’s manual. If you cannot find it, enter “198.168.1.1” as the address. This is usually the default IP address for most routers.

3. Enter the username and password for your router. This should also be supplied in the router’s manual. If you don’t have this information, go to the RouterPasswords website and find the brand and model of your router. This site lists the default login information for most wireless routers.

4. You should now be able to see your wireless router settings. You can configure your network ports, as well as SSID (wireless network name) and passwords.

mariamenounous, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections

1. My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections - Similar Threads - WiFi Router Connection

2. Why does the Network list not show up i cant connect to the wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Network list not show up i cant connect to the wifi.: Hi i was just starting up my PC and then i see that my Wifi isn‘t connected so i click on the icon and the the list of wifis doesnt even show up so what should i do...
  3. Why does the Network list not show up i cant connect to the wifi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Network list not show up i cant connect to the wifi.: Hi i was just starting up my PC and then i see that my Wifi isn‘t connected so i click on the icon and the the list of wifis doesnt even show up so what should i do...
  4. Why does the Network list not show up i cant connect to the wifi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connection to WiFi router

Connection to WiFi router: I installed a Wi-Fi adaptor card on my Motherboard. I disabled the onboard WiFi adaptor.In Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections I cannot find the full panel to edit/enter info to allow the new card to find my router.I conclude that I have missed a step, or do not...
  6. My Wifi router is no longer showing up on my connections

My Wifi router is no longer showing up on my connections: My internet was acting weird yesterday, so today i decided to reset the router for 30 seconds. Then my laptop could no longer connect to the internet or show the "wifi" thing in the bottom of the screen, but after some trouble shooting i was able to get that back. Only...
  7. new duel band router not showing up on wifi network list

new duel band router not showing up on wifi network list: I have a Dell Insperon 7537 and recently upgraded to fiber optic internet. I have a Netgear nighthawk duel band router but neither network shows up on my computer. I have changed out the wifi card in the computer to no avail....
  8. My computer will not show up with any routers or WiFi connections...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer will not show up with any routers or WiFi connections...: It does not show up with any WiFi routers and I never have used an Ethernet cable and it is saying that it is not plugged in and i think that’s what’s going on. I don’t have a long enough cable to reach downstairs and I’ve never ever used a Ethernet cable. I’ve ran...
  9. Connecting to Router/WIfi

Connecting to Router/WIfi: I can not connect to my Router/Modem at all. I have tried everything there is to be able to connect. I did get a msg come up from Microsoft that said problem was with Microsoft & to try back later. That was 2 days ago. Thank you...
  10. Xfinity Wifi showing up in my routers available internet connections ?

Xfinity Wifi showing up in my routers available internet connections ?: I recently found that "xfinity wifi" is showing up in my available internet access list as an openly available option. I have comcast xfinity hi speed internet as my internet provider but have never had it show up on the routers available connections list before. The home...