Windows 10: my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi

Discus and support my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, i have laptop hp elitebook 840 g2, with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card embedded (driver ver . 18.33.12.2) my OS is Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HelmyRahadian, Sep 5, 2018.

1. my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi

hello,

i have laptop hp elitebook 840 g2, with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card embedded (driver ver . 18.33.12.2)

my OS is Windows 10 Pro ver. 1803 build 17134.228

since last month, when i activated my wifi, it suddenly on-off and always try to connect to open ssid even i have not option "connect automatically" on the open ssid checked. when there is no open ssid detected, it is work normally (can connect to selected ssid /protected ssid and the connection never on-off).

any suggestion? please help, this is very annoying.

:)

HelmyRahadian, Sep 5, 2018
  2. darkf0xx Win User

Wifi Auto Connect

I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I click the wifi drop down list then it will reconnect, I was wondering if anyone knows an application that tries to reconnect to a specific wifi more aggressively than windows 10 it gets annoying because if I need to use the pc I cant just look across the room to see if my modem is back, I have to go and check the wifi then it connects.

darkf0xx, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Wifi suddenly stopped working - strange result

Wifi stopped working suddenly on my desktop. Now I have to connect with cable to the router but when I open Network Connections it still says the wifi is connected and working. The Ethernet connection has the name of the Wifi SSID.

If I open the details of the wifi connection it says there is no0 IPV4 or IPV6 connectivity although these are checked.

What has happened?

my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi [​IMG]

anparkinson, Sep 5, 2018
  4. my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi

auto connect wifi

how do i get laptop a to auto connect to wifi a and laptop b to auto connect to wifi b and not auto connect to wifi a

both laptops have win 10 on them and i use the same microsft log in so i can stay synced with all my devices

Big Panther, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi

1. my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi - Similar Threads - wifi suddenly auto

2. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  3. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  4. Why No Auto-connect to Wifi now?

Why No Auto-connect to Wifi now?: Hi. last two times i've booted up, my PC hasn't connected to the wifi. my connection is in the list, it's ticked as "connect automatically" but for some reason it isn't. connects no prob when i click to make it and i haven't knowingly changed anything. any ideas? TIA 182989
  5. Windows 10 Wifi doesn't Auto Connect to Wifi

Windows 10 Wifi doesn't Auto Connect to Wifi: WiFi doesn't auto-connect upon boot or reboot. Facts: HP laptop, Connect Automatically is checked, Manually clicking Connect works properly, My ISP-provided SSID is always top of the list and the strongest signal. WiFi disconnects from time to time for no...
  6. Wifi connect: Suddenly disconect Wifi.

Wifi connect: Suddenly disconect Wifi.: when i used wifi about a litlle time( 30Min) my wifi had disconnected, i had tried to connect agian, i see my wifi turn of then turn on and notice " can't connect to this network" after i updated win 10 at May this proplem had appeared in win 7 or 8 working normally...
  7. my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi

my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi: hello, i have laptop hp elitebook 840 g2, with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card embedded (driver ver . 18.33.12.2) my OS is Windows 10 Pro ver. 1803 build 17134.228 since last month, when i activated my wifi, it suddenly on-off and always try to connect to open...
  8. Wifi not connecting auto anymore.

Wifi not connecting auto anymore.: The wifi was connecting automatically without problem before. Now every time i shut down the laptop and turn it on later it will not connect automatically. This is not the case if it is a reset done only. I tried "forgetting" the network and creating it again, but it did...
  9. Wifi doesn't auto connect

Wifi doesn't auto connect: Hi all, Been the case for a number of months now - wifi doesn't auto connect after turning laptop on. Always have to manually connect. Any fix for this? Many thanks. 101853
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...