Windows 10: My WiFi suddenly disappears from available wifi list

Discus and support My WiFi suddenly disappears from available wifi list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello community, My WiFi name suddenly disappears from wifi list and it disconnects. My neighbors wifi appear, my hotspot appears, but only my wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dgyaan, Aug 25, 2020.

1. dgyaan Win User

My WiFi suddenly disappears from available wifi list

Hello community,

My WiFi name suddenly disappears from wifi list and it disconnects. My neighbors wifi appear, my hotspot appears, but only my wifi disappears.

Sometime troubleshooting works and my wifi appears, sometimes it doesn't.

It generally happens when my laptop sleeps or when I am doing some heavy processing like Premiere Pro.

There is nothing wrong with my router. There are no such issues from my other Windows & Android devices. On the same laptop where this problem is occurring, I have installed Ubuntu and I have never faced any such problem there as well.

So I go to adapter settings, disable and then re-enable "Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter". But sometimes even that does not work, so I have to reboot my PC.

I have already tried these things:

1. Update windows

2. Reinstall windows

3. Disabled power-saving in my wireless adapter settings.

4. Updated drivers.

5. Windows troubleshooting works sometimes.

:)

dgyaan, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

3. Wifi card suddenly stops with no error

(note: restarting the laptop fixes this until it happens again) this is something that happens randomly, I'll be doing something (usually requiring internet) and all the sudden the wifi card disappears from the connections list. I cannot see why this happens and it seems to happen randomly with no pattern. Opening device manager to the wifi card says that it has an error code 14 and that I need to restart to fix it, if I go the the details tab under Status I get these messages
    My WiFi suddenly disappears from available wifi list [​IMG]
    and under problem code I get this
    My WiFi suddenly disappears from available wifi list [​IMG]
    this is fixed by restarting but this happens 2-4 times a day and gets really annoying

randomwin10user, Aug 25, 2020
  4. unisus21 Win User

No Home Wifi Listed

I'm facing a problem regarding my home wifi..it's not listed on my wifi section..but when someone make a wifi hotspot through mobile data, it pick it up and listed..but not my home wifi..my computer acer aspire 4715z with broadcom 802.11g driver adapter listed..I tried bunch of method yet still zero result..is there any solutions out there..

unisus21, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

1. My WiFi suddenly disappears from available wifi list - Similar Threads - WiFi suddenly disappears

2. My WiFi is suddenly not showing anymore in list of available WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WiFi is suddenly not showing anymore in list of available WiFi: I have an HP Pavillion running Windows 10. Yesterday everything was still fine, I was connected to my WIFI ok. Today, I see a list of Wifi available but not mine. When I connect directly to the modem, it is ok, but when on Wifi it shows all my neighbours but not mine. Other...
  3. My WiFi is suddenly not showing anymore in list of available WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My WiFi is suddenly not showing anymore in list of available WiFi: I have an HP Pavillion running Windows 10. Yesterday everything was still fine, I was connected to my WIFI ok. Today, I see a list of Wifi available but not mine. When I connect directly to the modem, it is ok, but when on Wifi it shows all my neighbours but not mine. Other...
  4. My WiFi is suddenly not showing anymore in list of available WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi network disappearing from list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network disappearing from list: On my Asus laptop windows 10, my wifi network keeps disappearing from the list of available networks. It happens when I use my laptop almost anywhere at home except on my desk. Sometimes it'll connect for a bit but then it'll disappear for 5 or 10+ minutes then reappear and...
  6. Wifi network disappearing from list

Wifi network disappearing from list: On my Asus laptop windows 10, my wifi network keeps disappearing from the list of available networks. It happens when I use my laptop almost anywhere at home except on my desk. Sometimes it'll connect for a bit but then it'll disappear for 5 or 10+ minutes then reappear and...
  7. Wifi network disappearing from list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wifi Suddenly Disappeared

Wifi Suddenly Disappeared: I dont know what happened suddenly but until yesterday everything was working absolutely fine but suddenly today while working on the laptop the wifi suddenly stopped. Then i checked the connections area there was only airplane mode visible and no connections were visible...
  9. Home WiFi disappearing from WiFi list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Home WiFi disappearing from WiFi list: Hey guys Hope you can help me in this times of Corona... I have an Asus notebook (A43 series) and for some months now my home WiFi disappears from the WiFi list intermittently. It’s weird because my home WiFi works perfectly well with all devices here. And it’s not like the...
  10. All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list

All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list: Hi Team, For understanding purpose I am naming my wifi connection as A and other connections are B,C,D,E,F,..etc Laptop and mobile are in same room Laptop connected to wifi A Mobile connected to wifi A all of sudden Laptop disconnected to wifi and couldn't able for...