Windows 10: my win 10 Bluetooth audio will not show Wireless headphones in "Select Playback Device"...

Discus and support my win 10 Bluetooth audio will not show Wireless headphones in "Select Playback Device"... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My 4 year old Acer laptop was lovingly Bluetooth enabled and began life running win7. Year and a half ago I downloaded win10, after which no Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DannyBlack9, Dec 4, 2018.

1. my win 10 Bluetooth audio will not show Wireless headphones in "Select Playback Device"...

My 4 year old Acer laptop was lovingly Bluetooth enabled and began life running win7.

Year and a half ago I downloaded win10, after which no Bluetooth audio device could connect.

It will say Paired, and when I click Connect the response is always, "That didn't work, make sure the device is still discoverable and try again".

After removing the device and re-discovering, and re-Pairing, it is the same, "That didn't work".

When I remove the headphones, left them On and Not in Discovery mode, it says Connected, after downloading the device drivers.

It makes no sound on the headphones but a single blip sound and says "Connected" for a second and immediately goes to "Paired".

It says, "Your Device is Ready to Use". It doesn't show in Select Playback Device, which I find by left-click the Volume Icon and click the Up arrow icon.

I would like to use the headphones for my main audio playback device.

I have tried everything I can find that seems understandable to me, except for reset and reinstall.

I would like not to try these as it seems I'd have a lot of new work to start over with to regain my working computer as it is.

:)

DannyBlack9, Dec 4, 2018
  2. harrymc Win User

Connected Bluetooth Headphones don't appear as Playback device in Windows 10

The usual procedure is :

• If wired, plug in the headphones. If Bluetooth, pair and ensure they are visible in Bluetooth Neighborhood.
    • Right-click the speaker icon and click Playback devices
    • Right-click the default speakers and select Show disabled devices and
      Show disconnected devices.
    • If your headphones now appear, right-click them and select Enable.

If your headphones are still unusable, then the problem is with your driver.
    It may be incapable of functioning as a playback device.
    Search for the right software, or contact the Support of the manufacturer.
    If nothing works, change headphones.

harrymc, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Wireless headphones show as connetced but have no sound

My wireless headphones show as connected and are listed under bluetooth in device manager, but the sound will not come through the headphones, only the computer speakers. Also, the headphones are not listed under playback devices.Wireless

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

wfdeacongrad89, Dec 4, 2018
  4. my win 10 Bluetooth audio will not show Wireless headphones in "Select Playback Device"...

Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

my win 10 Bluetooth audio will not show Wireless headphones in "Select Playback Device"...

1. my win 10 Bluetooth audio will not show Wireless headphones in "Select Playback Device"... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio show

2. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  3. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  4. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  5. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  6. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices

Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices: Even after succefully pairing there is no audio in my bt audio dvices. Ive tried everything restarting bt services, updating drivers everything.But no success....
  8. Wireless headphones not showing in playback

Wireless headphones not showing in playback: Hi I have updated my windows to new version 1603 but unfortunately I m dealing with so many issues with this new update. I m trying to connect my wireless headphones to my hp laptop but unable to hear sound from it.My bluetooth device is connected but not playing any Audio...
  9. Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device

Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device: I have a new laptop with windows 10 and have Bose bluetooth earphones. I have confirmed they are conncted by bluetooth and are showing up as paired but are not showing up as a playback device so I cant hear computer audio through them. I have tried uninstalling the driver...
  10. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...