Windows 10: My Win 10 freezes at same place every time

Discus and support My Win 10 freezes at same place every time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It stops here, and after restarting my PC it freezes again at the same place. 32055 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nmilenkovic96, Nov 29, 2015.

1. My Win 10 freezes at same place every time

It stops here, and after restarting my PC it freezes again at the same place.

:)

nmilenkovic96, Nov 29, 2015
  2. DaveHl Win User

Win 7 to Win 10. It freezes every time at the 35% overall and 12% "Installing features and drivers".

I've been having problems updating my laptop from Win 7 to Win 10. It freezes every time at the 35% overall and 12% "Installing features and drivers".

DaveHl, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Win 7 to Win 10. It freezes every time at the 35% overall and 12% "Installing features and drivers".

Pre-requisite Task

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup.
    See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8/8.1

• Disable (preferrably uninstall) your Antivirus utility before attempting the upgrade.
    • Restart a few times and try again.
    • Disable General USB Devices (example - Smart Card Reader).
    • If you are using a SCSI hard disk, make sure you have drivers available for your storage device on a thumdrive and it is connected. During Windows 10 setup, click the Custom Advanced Option and use the Load Driver command to load the appropriate driver
      for the SCSI drive. If this does not work and setup still fails, consider switching to a IDE based hard disk.
    • Do a clean boot and try again.
    • If you are upgrading using the .ISO file, disconnect from the Internet during setup, if you are connected by LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi, disable both and attempt setup again.
    • If you are updating through Windows Update, when the download reaches 100% disconnect from the Internet LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi and proceed with the installation.
    • If that does not work, try using the .ISO file to upgrade if possible.
    • If you are connected to a domain, switch to a local account
    • If you have any external devices attached to the machine, disconnect them (example, gaming controllers, USB keys, external hard disk, printers, non-essential devices).
      How
      to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

How
      to download official Windows 10 ISO files

If you are installing Windows 10 using Windows Update, try the following:

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Typethe following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type
      each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

My Win 10 freezes at same place every time

The first thing to check is that you have unplugged all USB devices (apart from keyboard and mouse) before attempting the upgrade (if that is in fact what you are trying to do).

philc43, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

My Win 10 freezes at same place every time

1. My Win 10 freezes at same place every time - Similar Threads - freezes same place

2. PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME: Hello everyone, I have a PC that has been giving me problems with any game for several months. After a variable amount of time, ranging from 20 minutes to an hour of gameplay, the game freezes, and sometimes horrible glitches appear all over the screen unfortunately, I don't...
  3. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  4. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  5. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Freezing weekly at same time

Freezing weekly at same time: Simple question, hoping for simple answer. My PC freezes every week at 12:53am Sunday morning. I know this because I checked the event logs. This particular event shows up in the applications log. Says something like "The previous shutdown at 12:53:00 AM was unexpected"....
  7. Win 10 freezes every day

Win 10 freezes every day: I have been having this problem in the past weeks. I have tried many solutions but neither worked .. The problems: My laptop is freezes out, mostly a blue screen error shows up but its to fast to read or take a picture Two times when i could read it, its says: IRQL NOT...
  8. Desktop icons rearrange to the same random places every startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons rearrange to the same random places every startup: Basically no matter what, every time I start my PC up my desktop icons just rearrange to random places on the desktop like a bomb got dropped in the middle of them. What's weirder is that they go to the same spots every time. This is infuriating to no end, does anyone know...
  9. Windows 10 freezes on boot at the same exact place every single time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes on boot at the same exact place every single time: I built this PC about five months ago, with these specs: Gigabyte's Aorus Ultra Gaming Wifi Rev 1.0 motherboard, 32 GB TritentZ, MSI GTX 1080, Samsung Evo 860 1TB SSS, Samsung Evo 960 1TB M.2, 2TB Western Digital Black HD, and an i7 8700k processor. After four months none...
  10. After doing an in place upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7, every time I reboot my PC my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After doing an in place upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7, every time I reboot my PC my...: So as the title said. In place upgrade from win 7 to win 10. 3 monitors. The PC has a nvidia GT210 graphics card. Whenever I boot up only one of the 3 monitors will be working. Not all 3 are plugged into the graphics card. The weird thing is that upon booting up and...