Windows 10: My Win 10 laptop keeps on Restarting after I reseted my laptop meaning it won't turn on

Discus and support My Win 10 laptop keeps on Restarting after I reseted my laptop meaning it won't turn on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I reseted my HP laptop recently not fresh install. The process went smoothly, but now my laptop won't start it keeps on this cycle of process and gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MAHFUJRAHMAN, Dec 2, 2020.

1. My Win 10 laptop keeps on Restarting after I reseted my laptop meaning it won't turn on

I reseted my HP laptop recently not fresh install. The process went smoothly, but now my laptop won't start it keeps on this cycle of process and gets me to the setup page every time.

:)

MAHFUJRAHMAN, Dec 2, 2020

2. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Msap14 Win User
    laptop won't turn on

Dell Latitude D800

few hours ago i turned the laptop off by going to start menu, shut down, on an xp machine. the computer shut down normally but now when i try to turn it back on, nothing happens for a good 30 seconds then the HDD lights and power lights come on for a few seconds then turn off.

it's weird becasue, from what i have seen, the lights usually come on right away then turn right off (in similar situations) but this thing doesn't even try to turn on for a bit. What could be wrong?

things i have tried:
    -removed RAM, battery, wireless card, HDD... nothing happens
    -held power button for 10 seconds with battery in and out of machine while and while nt plugged in
    -Different power adapters

i am going to check the cmos battery but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Msap14, Dec 2, 2020
  4. My Win 10 laptop keeps on Restarting after I reseted my laptop meaning it won't turn on

Failed BIOS update, Laptop keeps restarting.

Hello, I have an HP dv2050us laptop. I recently went to HP.com to update my drivers and software. When I got down to the Bios (WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS for Notebooks with Intel Processors - Microsoft Windows/Vista-Based version F.25), I downloaded it and installed it, when it got time to restart itself, my power turned off at my house and cut the power to the laptop.
    My laptop turned off. After a minute when the power came back on I manually turned on my laptop. But all that happens is my laptop just keeps restarting itself. It loads up to the "Windows loading" screen, it will then flash a blue screen and restart all over again.

It's like my laptop goes in an endless loop of restarting, and it never makes it to windows. I tried the last known option in Safemode ('Windows advanced options menu') but it does not help or work. I have also tried getting into Safemode, but that doesn't work either.

I can press f10, and that gets me into the Phoenix BIOS Setup Utility. And pressing f8 gets me to 'Windows advanced options menu' also know as the "Safemode" screen
    I have no idea how to fix this! Please help! Thank you.

jerseyturf, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

My Win 10 laptop keeps on Restarting after I reseted my laptop meaning it won't turn on

1. My Win 10 laptop keeps on Restarting after I reseted my laptop meaning it won't turn on - Similar Threads - laptop keeps Restarting

2. My laptop won't turn up after restarting windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't turn up after restarting windows update.: After I pushed the power button, keyboard was light up, but the screen just black no logo, then after some seconds it's just turn off again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-turn-up-after-restarting-windows/f17b7f80-93c1-4bd7-bb80-c51899ab1104
  3. My laptop won't turn up after restarting windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't turn up after restarting windows update.: After I pushed the power button, keyboard was light up, but the screen just black no logo, then after some seconds it's just turn off again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-turn-up-after-restarting-windows/f17b7f80-93c1-4bd7-bb80-c51899ab1104
  4. My laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't restart: HiMy laptop won't restart when I select that option or when updates are installed and it reboots.It acts as if it has turned off, the displays go into low power mode, but it doesn't appear to switch off, but I can't use it, the screen goes black and I can't reactivate it with...
  5. My Laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop won't restart: So i have this Dell Latitude E6320 i really need to update this laptop but the problem is it doesn't restart, Once i click the restart button the screen turns off but the keyboard light is still on, it stays like that forever. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  6. My Laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop won't restart: So i have this Dell Latitude E6320 i really need to update this laptop but the problem is it doesn't restart, Once i click the restart button the screen turns off but the keyboard light is still on, it stays like that forever. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  7. Trying to reset my laptop but it keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reset my laptop but it keeps restarting: Hi,I was trying to reset my laptop to factory settings and in the process, the battery died. When I plugged it in and turned it on, the logo "LENOVO" appeared with the spinning circle and after a few seconds, it said restarting, it goes dark and the logo appeared again. I...
  8. My laptop display won't turn on after a restart. (Windows 10 20H1)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop display won't turn on after a restart. (Windows 10 20H1): My laptop display is working fine, but when I restart the laptop display won't turn on. Thankfully I have a wireless display app on my phone so the laptop screen automatically gets projected on my phone. After restarting it too many times and shut downing it a number of...
  9. Laptop resets after When I turn it on or restart it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop resets after When I turn it on or restart it.: I have a Dell Inspiron 5570, I bought it 2 years ago. The laptop resets after I restart it. I don't know what to do. The drive stays the same except the save files or login credentials....
  10. I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on: I had to reset my Packard Bell Laptop, now the wifi won't turn on. I'm using windows 10. [ATTACH] I went into settings, on "Wifi" I pressed the virtual switch to "On"... [ATTACH] But after the blue spinny "working on it" thing spun for a bit... [ATTACH]...