Windows 10: my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this

Discus and support my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bonny26, May 8, 2022.

1. bonny26 Win User

my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this

my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this

:)

bonny26, May 8, 2022
  2. Andrei V. Win User

Win 10 Parallel Installation - Win 8.1 in C: Drive & Win 10 in D: Drive

You can do this but it is a little trickier. Here is my advice:

• If I understand correctly, you have 2 partitions at this moment: a drive C were your current windows resides and a drive D, probably with your files (this is also my setup)
    • The first step will be to create a partition for Windows 10 (cut part of drive D). You can do this in disk manager. If you don't know how, please ask and I will give you the details
    • Create a system image of your current Windows
    • Upgrade your current Windows to Windows 10 (you cannot skip this part if you want the free upgrade)
    • Restore your previous Windows to it's current location (partition)
    • Do a clean install of Windows 10 in the partition you reserved in step 2
    Windows 10 will see that you have another windows installation and add it to the boot manager. At this point you will be able to boot both Windows versions

Andrei V., May 8, 2022
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, May 8, 2022
  4. dave w.1 Win User

new win 10 dual drive pc - D:\ is not shown

Hi

1st - I have a new win 10 pc - HP Envy came installed with a1T hd (D:\) and a 128G ssd (C:\).

Clicking 'file explorer', 'This pc' does not show the D drive. After reading posts went to 'device manager' the D drive is not shown under 'disk drives' as described but under 'portable devices'. Did a right click on it and it says 'device working'. Went
    to 'disk management', it shows a Disk 0 (C:\ ?) and a Disk 1 (D:\ ?) as 'unallocated'. I've read posts suggesting changing the drive letter D to something else as a fix - but I would rather keep the drive designated D as it is now. Other posts said to right
    click the 'unallocated'. I did that and was asked to format the drive. At that point I stopped, I'm sure the drive already came formatted and thought this might be an error ( didn't want to cause more problems ).

2 Questions - Should I have continued? Also, there was a single option to click 'single volume', if clicked, would that prevent future partitioning of the drive?

2nd - In 'this pc' it lists a single USB drive twice when plugged in. Is this the way it should be or is it an error? My old win 7 didn't do that. How to fix it?

Prior to all this I've had a couple of issues and ended up doing a clean install of win 10 - might this have caused the problem(s) ?

thx in advance - all help is appreciated,

dave w.1, May 8, 2022
Thema:

1. my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this - Similar Threads - has scrambled contents

2. How can I clean my OS C: Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I clean my OS C: Drive?: I already did the disk cleanup and it only removes 1 gig. I dont download anything onto my C: drive because I am aware of how small it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clean-my-os-c-drive/1cb74914-57e9-43a3-92b6-e8307025a4d3
  3. How can I clean my OS C: Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I clean my OS C: Drive?: I already did the disk cleanup and it only removes 1 gig. I dont download anything onto my C: drive because I am aware of how small it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clean-my-os-c-drive/1cb74914-57e9-43a3-92b6-e8307025a4d3
  4. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  5. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  6. my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this

my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this: my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-win-10-os-has-scrambled-the-contents-of-my-c/e48e8e3f-b769-49b5-99da-0f6fc0a7ba01
  7. my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this: my win 10 OS has scrambled the contents of my C: and D: drives how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-win-10-os-has-scrambled-the-contents-of-my-c/e48e8e3f-b769-49b5-99da-0f6fc0a7ba01
  8. Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing: I just reset my PC because it was getting sluggish and once it was all reset i noticed that the C drive has all of the files like 'Program files (x86)' and 'Users' and my D drive has nothing at all. My main problem is that i cant easily just download and install programs onto...
  9. How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?

How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I wanna move everything from temp folders and so on from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive without creating Aria Debug files or other issues how would I do this? Because I already have everything pointing to my DATA (D) Drive but I have...
  10. How can I merge my D: drive and my C: Drive?

How can I merge my D: drive and my C: Drive?: My D: drive has 900 GB available and my C: drive is out of space. I tried going into disk management and right clicking my C: drive, but the extend volume button is grayed out. My C: drive is in the disk 1 section while my D: drive is in the disk 0 section. Please help, my...