Windows 10: My Win 10 SSD is marked as portable and has restricted function.

Discus and support My Win 10 SSD is marked as portable and has restricted function. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Changed HDD to SSD and SSD is now marked as portable and as such I am unable to create a System Image Backup as this is unavailable for a portable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J. B.M, Mar 17, 2020.

1. J. B.M Win User

My Win 10 SSD is marked as portable and has restricted function.

Changed HDD to SSD and SSD is now marked as portable and as such I am unable to create a System Image Backup as this is unavailable for a portable installation. I have tried the https://www.easeus.com/backup-recovery/windows-10-thinks-my-hard-drive-is-removable.html solution using 0 as the drive, the first of 2, but it has not changed anything.

How do I cure this ridiculous problem that seems illogical anyway?

:)

J. B.M, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Green House Unveils New Rugged Portable SSD

come on dont compare it to portable hdd or something like that
    of course ssd wins in shock test

micropage7, Mar 17, 2020
  4. My Win 10 SSD is marked as portable and has restricted function.

Windows 10 portable - performance and limitations

I am considering using Windows 10 portable from a fast 64GB USB 3.0 stick, 200MB/s r/w.

1. Should I expect any performance degradation besides my internal SATA SSD to external USB stick degradation.
    2. Are there any usage restrictions for this portable configuration, like problems with working on domain, using hyper-v or similar?

watbywbarif, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

My Win 10 SSD is marked as portable and has restricted function.

1. My Win 10 SSD is marked as portable and has restricted function. - Similar Threads - SSD marked portable

2. Blue Question Mark over my SSD Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Question Mark over my SSD Win 11: Hi! I got a brand-new internal gaming SSD just a couple of months ago, and it has been working beautifully. However, today it's like it doesn't even exist anymore. When I open my file explorer, a blue question mark is showing over it and I'm unable to access anything that was...
  3. Blue Question Mark over my SSD Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Question Mark over my SSD Win 11: Hi! I got a brand-new internal gaming SSD just a couple of months ago, and it has been working beautifully. However, today it's like it doesn't even exist anymore. When I open my file explorer, a blue question mark is showing over it and I'm unable to access anything that was...
  4. Why has my USB-portable SSD disappeared from some portions of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why has my USB-portable SSD disappeared from some portions of Windows 10?: I recently purchased a Samsung T5, 1 TB, USB-portable SSD to back up my HP Envy 17's Toshiba, 1 TB, SATA HDD, and used Echo disk imaging software to image the HDD onto the SSD I didn't realize this was a feature available within Win10. Before imaging, I ran HitmanPro.Alert to...
  5. How to remove this mark ? it's not the activation mark, my win is already activated.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove this mark ? it's not the activation mark, my win is already activated.: Screenshot : https://prnt.sc/10t15yc I was playing around with regedit to do something, I think I messed up, how to reset regedit or how to remove this mark ? submitted by /u/mrmouha99 [link] [comments]...
  6. has restricted sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    has restricted sign in: i accidentally locked my system through Microsoft account,i cannot unlock it. when i power on laptop then showing has restricted sign in to sign in make sure your device is connected to the internet , and have your administrator sign in first...
  7. Will formatting my portable ssd erase everything ?

Will formatting my portable ssd erase everything ?: I'm upgrading my samsung portable 500gb ssd and giving this one away. Will formatting it be enough to make my data not recoverable ? Quick format vs not quick make a difference ? Apparently Samsung Magician only works for internal ssd's. Thank you. submitted by...
  8. Factory reset portable ssd ?

Factory reset portable ssd ?: I was wondering if this was possible to do this with my Samsung T5 500gb portable ssd ? Apparently the Samsung Magician software only works for internal SSD's not External/Portable ones. So What would be the easiest way for me to do this ? Thank you. submitted by...
  9. restricted zone functionality

in Browsers and Email
    restricted zone functionality: Hello - in previous versions of Windows it was possible to put sites in the restricted zone of internet options/security (from the control panel) and these sites would be inaccessible from Internet Explorer This, apparently, no longer works in Windows 10. Anybody come...
  10. ssd marked accidentally as active

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd marked accidentally as active: With mistake i accidentally marked one of the ssd's as active and now i can't use it for anything. it wont delete it wont format i have no options in disk management for it. when i press erase it says that "Windows can't erase the active system partition on this disk"...