Windows 10: My win 10 User is behaving badly. How can I fix it without loosing it`

Discus and support My win 10 User is behaving badly. How can I fix it without loosing it` in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I've been working for weeks now to fix my user in win 10. Microsoft tried as well. They even gave me support money back since "It should... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kurnn, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Kurnn Win User

My win 10 User is behaving badly. How can I fix it without loosing it`

Hi everyone!

I've been working for weeks now to fix my user in win 10. Microsoft tried as well. They even gave me support money back since "It should have worked". Creds to them for that.

- My user is ….am I allowed to say really bad words? IFFY.
    1 of 1000 minor things "it" changed, was the startup path. C:/Users/MyUserName/ONEDRIVE/skrivbord
    (Skrivbord is Swedish for Desktop. My Win 10 is English. All settings in English. I only have English/Swedish keyboard and spoofing for Office and Dragon Chrome.)

My windows WORKS. My mail WORKS. Everything critical and important works.
    There is no viruses, malware, meltdown, Spectre or gremlins anywhere.

This started a few weeks ago, when Malwarebytes found a nasty critter virus that changes startup stuffs. It removed it and all was good.
    Then logs started to ….look odd.

Event viewer, shown that the same day that I removed the intruder, my drive H got Bitlocked. Bitlocker got turned on, ran on Drive H, confirmed and put the key where it should be.

I have Win 10 HOME. Microsoft looked at the logs, and have no explanation.
    I have no drive H. Drive H is my virtual fixed choice for ISO.

The final and 100% working solution is Format C: Then Install fresh Win 10 Home, and make a brand new user, linking my PC to my digital Win 10 without using any backups whatsoever.

Comodo dragon got my passwords, bookmarks and por....interesting internet stuff.
    I have Win 10 HOME. (For a reason called Bitlocker). I am not syncing with Microsoft or anything else but google, since I have 0 devices and just use this PC.

I have 2 HD extra internal storage in my PC where I have all my FILES, I want to keep.
    I have info for Steam, Azure, etc.

I do not have info for the 2000 or so software, games, etc, I've hamstered since...hmm, Gunship 1986 on C64 (was the first game I bought, as a 12 year old kid)

My windows works. My user works. My PST files (outlook) from 1999 works.
    A new user, WILL NOT WORK on all PST files. Nor have "links".

But things are "iffy". And I want to fix my user! Or move it and keep its "links". (I'll explain but after 10 A4 pages, people stops reading)

• Assume I know DISM, SFC, Image and most powershell commands and useage.
    • Assume I've had win 10, since 2014, when I upgraded from win 7, SOFTWARE wise, for the first time ever, since I first installed Windows 3.11, 1991, on a PC with 166Mhz CPU, 16MB RAM, and 120MB HD (IDE). Soundblaster of course!
    • I had to get 2 network cards then because not all had the new cool IPnetwork in their cards, so Token-ring was needed for our copyparties.
    • Assume I've got 3 different, hours long sessions with Microsoft GOOD techs who been remotely assisting me and using their tools.
    • I did a repair upgrade. That fixed some stuff. 3% of 100. Took 35 mins
    • Microsoft did the same repair upgrade, but as them, that took 2 hours and 20 mins
      (Esme, the Microsoft support person, reconnected when it was done, before I sent the request.....Creds for their support)

That repair upgrade fixed about 50%.
    Which, is down to 20%.

When I reboot. Things happens. BACKWARDS.
    Logs shows the most weird stuff. They can't be trusted. I don't have System restore on, claims the log.
    Microsoft watches me do a system restore, and confirms, the logs are wrong.

They have no clue why.

Only my user.

The built in administrator, which I am using now to type this, works perfectly.

Malwarebytes support tool AND personnel has helped to get Win 10 Firewall "working".
    ]It was working. Windows just said it wasn't. They fixed that.
    1 tiny issue solved, 999 minor issues to go.

How do I keep my user? Clean it? Spank it? Force it to only use Mac for the rest of it life?
    I have windows logs I'd like to show. The logs are well know. What they say, I've never seen before.

These are logs I've seen over 10 years. Only the past few weeks, they looked like this.

Oh yeah, anyone know of a tool called "Account Profile Fixer"?
    Its from "Howtogeek", and got good words from them. But so did driverbooster....

Anyone who got any suggestions how I can clean, replace, move, whatever, my user?
    I will try anything. If I can keep "the links" in it.

Windows settings, picture, usersettings all that does not matter. I'll do all that.
    What I can not do, is "the links" the user has in it.

If I did not care about my user, I would solve this in 1 evening
    One 100% working solution is format C:, no backup, no strings whatsoever to the user. New installation.
    New user. Connect to my Digital Win 10 HOME license. Dragon Chrome + FILES I have so I can get them back.

That would probably be a good thing too, since I had this user since, 2002. Moving from Win 98.

I've spent 2 weeks trying to find another 100% solution.
    I have tried everything I can think of myself, and used all the support I pay for.
    So, Im asking for help, from you folks.

How do I "clean" my user?
    Ask me anything. If it leads to my user stops being....iffy, I'll do i, and answer. I do not mind giving out logs and info of my system that I shouldn't do. Because that's irrelevant if I don't find another solution anyway.

Help....
    --, Jonah The Swedish Goth.

PS, I've added logs to show....weird logs. Not to solve them. But to show what my user is causing. Or whatever made my user ....iffy.

Hmm, I cant seam to add a log file? I hope its ok I copy the text here instead:
    This is "Setuptact.log" from: C:\Windows\Logs\SetupCleanupTask

Code:
    :)

Kurnn, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Clogboy Win User

New users behaving badly

Last week I upgraded my mom's Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. (this being a celeron 1,7ghz with only 4GB memory took forever.)
    Anyway when it was done, I tried adding a new user.

First issue with the new user is that the Start menu wouldn't show. So I stopped for a couple of days to find a solution online, and couldn't find anything helpful.
    So I deleted the user profile and wanted to create a few new ones (the one I initially needed, and one for myself for testing purposes). However, both aren't working. When I try to log into one of them, it says the service User Profile Service prevents the user from logging in (not sure how it's written in English, using Dutch version). Googled and found that this could be resolved by going into regedit and recover a .bak listing. But the users weren't even in the profile list.

So has Windows gone bonkers? Is it adviseable to revert to Windows 8.1? (Or, make a backup of the important files, and do a clean install?) Help please, any good advice is appreciated. This is driving me nuts.

Clogboy, Jan 4, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    New users behaving badly

Hi.
    I wouldn't revert to W8 just yet. My win 10 User is behaving badly. How can I fix it without loosing it` :)

You could try to Reset the PC:
    Settings>Update and Security>Recovery> Reset this PC

If that doesn't do it, you might try an in-place upgrade to resolve the problems.

Note:
    Please be sure any 3rd-party anti virus are uninstalled, and use Windows Defender. Same goes for 3rd-party firewall - uninstall and use Windows firewall. Remove Google Chrome x64 (it has issues right now), and Speccy, and any hard drive monitoring software. If you need Google Chrome, install the 32-bit version.

Let us know how it goes.

simrick, Jan 4, 2020
  4. bbones Win User

I have a badly working Surface with Win 10

Hi... I have a badly working Surface with Win 10.. MS support have abandoned me, suggesting I exchange my unit with them for £500. As the initial issue arrived after a win update. I still believe there is nothing wrong with the hardware. I would now like to completely reformat my Drive, everything and then boot for a USB stick.. Will this be a real clean reinstall, or will some hidden files still be lingering?

bbones, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. My win 10 User is behaving badly. How can I fix it without loosing it` - Similar Threads - User behaving badly

2. How can i fix locksceen in win 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can i fix locksceen in win 10?: Hello everyone, I'm using Windows 10 and encountering an issue with the lock screen. Initially, when I purchased the computer and the genuine Windows license, I was able to customize the lock screen with my own selected images. However, recently, when I got bored of the old...
  3. How can i fix locksceen in win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix locksceen in win 10?: Hello everyone, I'm using Windows 10 and encountering an issue with the lock screen. Initially, when I purchased the computer and the genuine Windows license, I was able to customize the lock screen with my own selected images. However, recently, when I got bored of the old...
  4. How can i fix locksceen in win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there any way that I can reset my win 10 PC without loosing the windows updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way that I can reset my win 10 PC without loosing the windows updates?: Is there any way that I can reset my win 10 PC without loosing the windows updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-that-i-can-reset-my-win-10-pc/f9a10a03-9bdc-4346-9aec-04d97c9928a3
  6. Is there any way that I can reset my win 10 PC without loosing the windows updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way that I can reset my win 10 PC without loosing the windows updates?: Is there any way that I can reset my win 10 PC without loosing the windows updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-that-i-can-reset-my-win-10-pc/f9a10a03-9bdc-4346-9aec-04d97c9928a3
  7. Is there any way that I can reset my win 10 PC without loosing the windows updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Badly behaving system process.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Badly behaving system process.: [ATTACH]Ok, so i don't know what happened, but I happened to stumble upon this process in task manager a few weeks ago. I don't exactly know what it is, but it is taking up a BUNCH of resources and increases in memory usage at a rate of around 0.2 mb per second. This pc is...
  9. can i reset my pc without loosing window os

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can i reset my pc without loosing window os: can i reset my pc without loosing window os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset/38ee12a8-6552-4f1f-aabe-4a1e223baef1
  10. New users behaving badly

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New users behaving badly: Last week I upgraded my mom's Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. (this being a celeron 1,7ghz with only 4GB memory took forever.) Anyway when it was done, I tried adding a new user. First issue with the new user is that the Start menu wouldn't...