Windows 10: My Win 11 home computer will not allow me to install a 3rd party installation file. How can...

Discus and support My Win 11 home computer will not allow me to install a 3rd party installation file. How can... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently updated from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Home, and now I cannot install the driver for my bank check scanner. I have installation .exe file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cheryl Hoffman, Feb 7, 2023.

1. My Win 11 home computer will not allow me to install a 3rd party installation file. How can...

I recently updated from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Home, and now I cannot install the driver for my bank check scanner. I have installation .exe file and it will not let me open it. I am not getting any errors. I have checked to see if S-Mode is turned on, but it says it is disabled. How can I get the computer to let me install this file?

:)

Cheryl Hoffman, Feb 7, 2023

2. Can not install 3rd party program

Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that you usuallý can do as a admin. Can not even install Microsofts trouble shooting program.

I would think that there is something to do with S-mode.

Raymond Hellmark, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Doreen M Win User
    How to install approved 3rd party apps on Windows 11 SE

Has anyone successfully installed an approved 3rd party WIN32 app on the new Windows 11 SE devices and how did you do it?

Our school just bought 35 Windows 11 SE devices for our middle school students, according to Microsoft our required testing app, NWEA, is on their approved 3rd party app list, but I cannot find the corresponding app. It's not in the Microsoft for Education App Store. And then when I set up the provisioning disk for the Windows 11 SE, it does not give me the option to install apps like it does for regular Windows devices. I am using Intune for Education.

Doreen M, Feb 7, 2023
  4. csfoster2 Win User

My Win 11 home computer will not allow me to install a 3rd party installation file. How can...

Installing 3rd Party applications

My device seems to be application locked. How can I change the security policy to allow me to install 3rd party/ unsigned applications? I purchased a device that shipped with skype mobile, although skype mobile will not complete the installation. I've
    looked at the registry, and I can clearly see 4 registry keys that would prevent unsigned applications from installing, but I am unable to apply any changes that I attempt to make to the registry.

I've tried to install programs that would allow me to edit these settings directly from the unit but of course, they are 3rd party applications. Does Microsoft have a signed utiltity that would allow me to change the registry? I've seen that people have
    put together *.cab files that will change these settings automatically but just as before, the system will not complete running the file since it is unsigned.

Please help?

Thanks,

Chris Foster

csfoster2, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

My Win 11 home computer will not allow me to install a 3rd party installation file. How can...

1. My Win 11 home computer will not allow me to install a 3rd party installation file. How can... - Similar Threads - home computer allow

2. My Win 11 home computer will not allow me to install a 3rd party installation file. How can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Win 11 home computer will not allow me to install a 3rd party installation file. How can...: I recently updated from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Home, and now I cannot install the driver for my bank check scanner. I have installation .exe file and it will not let me open it. I am not getting any errors. I have checked to see if S-Mode is turned on, but it says it is...
  3. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  4. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  5. How to install approved 3rd party apps on Windows 11 SE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install approved 3rd party apps on Windows 11 SE: Has anyone successfully installed an approved 3rd party WIN32 app on the new Windows 11 SE devices and how did you do it?Our school just bought 35 Windows 11 SE devices for our middle school students, according to Microsoft our required testing app, NWEA, is on their approved...
  6. Win 10 & 3rd Party Device Driver - Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 & 3rd Party Device Driver - Installation Problem: Win 10 & 3rd Party Device Driver - Installation ProblemFriends,I have an HP Laptop running Win 10. Everything works fine on my computer with one 1 key exception.I am unable to successfully load a device drive for Abbott Labs "FreeStyle Libre2" diabetes platform called...
  7. Win 10 & 3rd Party Device Driver - Installation Problem

Win 10 & 3rd Party Device Driver - Installation Problem: Win 10 & 3rd Party Device Driver - Installation ProblemFriends,I have an HP Laptop running Win 10. Everything works fine on my computer with one 1 key exception.I am unable to successfully load a device drive for Abbott Labs "FreeStyle Libre2" diabetes platform called...
  8. Win 10 & 3rd Party Device Driver - Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  10. 3rd Party Software - Self Installation

3rd Party Software - Self Installation: Hi, yesterday the 8th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started. It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling 3rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time. I only noticed this because for some reason while...