Windows 10: My Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse.

Discus and support My Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Win 11 PC can only wake up by pressing the power button. How do make it able to wake up using the keyboard or mouse?I have checked the option that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by browijaya, Jan 25, 2023.

1. browijaya Win User

My Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse.

My Win 11 PC can only wake up by pressing the power button. How do make it able to wake up using the keyboard or mouse?I have checked the option that says "Enable wake up using mouse or keyboard" somewhere, but it doesn't make any difference.My PC is updated to the latest system update.

:)

browijaya, Jan 25, 2023

2. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

Hi Paul

I am Juliet and it's my pleasure to help you today. My Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse. :)

If your mouse or keyboard won't wake up your PC from sleep, you need to check an option to confirm they're allowed to do so. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the Start Button, or press Win + X, to open the Power User menu. Select Device Manager.

2. You'll see a list of categories for the devices connected to your PC. If you can't wake your PC from sleep with the keyboard, click the arrow next to Keyboards.

3. This list will show one or more entries for your PC keyboard. Double-click each one of them in turn, and select the Power Management tab at the top. If you don't see this tab for a particular entry, move onto the next one.

4. On each entry's Power Management tab, make sure that the Allow this device to wake the computer box is checked. Click OK when done, making sure to do this for all entries.

5. Your keyboard should now wake your PC from sleep.

6. Repeat these steps for the Mice and other pointing devices category in the Device Manager if you have an issue with your mouse not waking your PC from sleep too.

I hope it helps! Let me know the results.

Have a nice day ahead and Stay safe always My Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse. :)

source:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-wont-w...

++++++++++++

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it

Juliet Erum, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Trepid Win User
    Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made:

-Under device manager i made sure keyboard and mouse can wake the computer up.

- Turned off fast startup.

- Used these commands in the command prompt: powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg.exe /hibernate on.

- Changed power settings to allow hybrid sleep off and allow wake timers Enable.

- Went to BIOS upon restarting at went to the power section and made sure that the keyboard can wake the PC and selected wake with any key on the mouse.

- After all of that failed to fix the issue I went back to the advanced power settings and reset to default. That still did not fix the problem. I have to push the power button to wake the PC up.

Trepid, Jan 25, 2023
  4. My Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse.

my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

My Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse.

1. My Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse. - Similar Threads - won't wake sleep

2. Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse, I have checked my driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse, I have checked my driver.: There is no Power section in my troubleshooting, I have checked my mouse and keyboard driver, they work normally https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-pc-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-using-the/327831ce-6ce6-4c20-b28f-f8eb7d338954
  3. Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse, I have checked my driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse, I have checked my driver.: There is no Power section in my troubleshooting, I have checked my mouse and keyboard driver, they work normally https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-pc-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-using-the/327831ce-6ce6-4c20-b28f-f8eb7d338954
  4. My Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse.: My Win 11 PC can only wake up by pressing the power button. How do make it able to wake up using the keyboard or mouse?I have checked the option that says "Enable wake up using mouse or keyboard" somewhere, but it doesn't make any difference.My PC is updated to the latest...
  5. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  6. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  7. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  8. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  9. Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse: OS: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made: -Under device manager i made sure...
  10. Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep: Up until recently, I have either put my laptop to sleep or let it go to sleep at the end of the day. The next morning I would hit either the mouse or keyboard (probably mostly the esc key just because it's sort of prominent at the corner). Some time recently, I haven't been...