Windows 10: My Win 11 sign in password has stopped working overnight in my 'new' laptop no online...

Discus and support My Win 11 sign in password has stopped working overnight in my 'new' laptop no online... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Win 11 sign in password has stopped working overnight in my 'new' laptop no online 'fixes' work! any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KeithTurner4, May 24, 2023.

1. My Win 11 sign in password has stopped working overnight in my 'new' laptop no online...

My Win 11 sign in password has stopped working overnight in my 'new' laptop no online 'fixes' work! any ideas?

:)

KeithTurner4, May 24, 2023

2. Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password

If you use a local admin account in Windows 11 and you have forgotten your password, the following tips will help you perfectly resolve your issue. Procedures with screenshots Please read the details.

Tip 1: Reset Windows 11 Local Admin Password by Answering Security Questions.

Step 1: On the Windows 11 login screen, you will get a message says the password is incorrect after you entered a wrong password. Select “OK” to go back.

Step 2: There will be a password reset link appears under the password box. Select the Reset password link.

Step 3: Give the pre-set answers to your security questions.

Step 4: Type a new password twice and then click “OK”.

Step 5: You will now be able to sign in as usual with the new password.

Tip 2: Reset Windows 11 Local Administrator Password with Password Reset Disk.

Step 1: In the Windows 11 login screen, select your local administrator. When you enter a wrong password, you will get a message says the password is incorrect. Select “OK” to back into the login screen.

Step 2: Windows 11 gives you a link for resetting the local administrator password. Now insert your password reset disk and then select the reset password link under the password box.

Step 3: Password reset wizard appears, click on “Next”.

Step 4: Select the password reset disk you inserted and then click “Next”.

Step 5: Type a new password and retype it to confirm. Click “Next”. Then finish.

Tip 3: Reset Windows 11 Local Administrator Password with Command Prompt. (Require Windows Install Media)

Note: If you use this, please make sure that you complete the following steps. The important thing is you need to replace the utilman file with cmd and this must be happened in your system drive.

Step 1: Boot your computer from an official Windows 11 installation DVD/USB disk. When Windows setup screen appears, select “Next”.

Step 2: Select “Repair your computer” link.

Step 3: Under “Choose an option”, select “Troubleshoot”.

Step 4: Under “Troubleshoot”, select “Command Prompt”.

Step 5: At the command window, type the following commands. (Press Enter key after each command)

1. Move c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe c:\ (If your system drive is not in C, please replace C with yours.)
    2. Copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
    Step 6: Remove the Windows installation disk and then use the following computer to reboot the computer: type “wpeutil reboot” and then press Enter key.

Step 7: PC reboots and loads the Windows 11 login screen. Click “Ease of access” icon.

Step 8: Command Prompt window appears. Type “net user administrator 123456” and then press Enter key. The new password 123456 is what you want.

BarkeySilend, May 24, 2023
  3. StlSooner Win User
    Other PCs can't access new Windows 11 laptop - what user name and password?

All PCs on my network are Win 10 except a new Win 11 laptop I'm setting up.

• After setting up permissions on the new laptop, it can access files on my Win 10 desktop, It asked for network credentials the first time. I entered either the Windows assigned account name or the Microsoft Live e-mail address (I forget which) along with my password and it worked fine.
    • The Win10 desktop cannot access the new Win 11 laptop. It asks me to enter network credentials. When do enter either the Windows assigned account name or the Microsoft Live e-mail address and the password or PIN it always tells me the user name or password is incorrect. What can it be looking for?
    Why is this not working both ways and what can be done about it?

StlSooner, May 24, 2023
  4. My Win 11 sign in password has stopped working overnight in my 'new' laptop no online...

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 24, 2023
Thema:

My Win 11 sign in password has stopped working overnight in my 'new' laptop no online...

1. My Win 11 sign in password has stopped working overnight in my 'new' laptop no online... - Similar Threads - sign password has

2. Windows 11 has stopped working on my brand new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has stopped working on my brand new laptop: Hi,So i just bought a brand new Samsung laptop which runs on windows 11 a couple of hours ago. At first it was working great but after about an hour i realised when i pressed the button on my keyboard with the windows logo it wasn't working, so i tried pressing on the icon on...
  3. Windows 11 has stopped working on my brand new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 has stopped working on my brand new laptop: Hi,So i just bought a brand new Samsung laptop which runs on windows 11 a couple of hours ago. At first it was working great but after about an hour i realised when i pressed the button on my keyboard with the windows logo it wasn't working, so i tried pressing on the icon on...
  4. My Win 11 sign in password has stopped working overnight in my 'new' laptop no online...

My Win 11 sign in password has stopped working overnight in my 'new' laptop no online...: My Win 11 sign in password has stopped working overnight in my 'new' laptop no online 'fixes' work! any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-win-11-sign-in-password-has-stopped-working/025e6e4d-2bb9-46d4-8980-3a42ecd3c9a1
  5. My MS account password works online but not when signing into my new PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My MS account password works online but not when signing into my new PC: My new PC is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. When I first built the PC, it made me use a PIN to sign in, but I wanted to change back to using my password, so I tried to sign out and then sign back in with my password. But it keeps saying my password is incorrect, and I can't go back...
  6. My MS account password works online but not when signing into my new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MS account password works online but not when signing into my new PC: My new PC is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. When I first built the PC, it made me use a PIN to sign in, but I wanted to change back to using my password, so I tried to sign out and then sign back in with my password. But it keeps saying my password is incorrect, and I can't go back...
  7. My MS account password works online but not when signing into my new PC

8. Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop: I forgot my laptop password and answers to the security questions so I logged into my Microsoft account online and changed that password but the new password doesn’t work when I try to sign in on my laptop. I can see my laptop under “my devices” so I assume that means they’re...
  9. Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop

Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop: I forgot my laptop password and answers to the security questions so I logged into my Microsoft account online and changed that password but the new password doesn’t work when I try to sign in on my laptop. I can see my laptop under “my devices” so I assume that means they’re...
  10. Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security