Windows 10: My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

Discus and support My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried the suggestion of removing icon cache files from win explorer but they wouldnt delete... error msg said they were open in win explorer. I ran a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maui Morgan, Dec 1, 2023.

1. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

I tried the suggestion of removing icon cache files from win explorer but they wouldnt delete... error msg said they were open in win explorer. I ran a system check from the admin command prompt. Everything checked out ok. My pic of the icons would not upload. The desktop icons have an overlay of what looks like a text icon on it. The same place where shortcut arrows sometimes show up on the desktop icons. I have Win10 home edition. Intel i5 8g ram. Tia for any suggestions.

:)

Maui Morgan, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

1. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them. - Similar Threads - win10 desktop icons

2. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.: I tried the suggestion of removing icon cache files from win explorer but they wouldnt delete... error msg said they were open in win explorer. I ran a system check from the admin command prompt. Everything checked out ok. My pic of the icons would not upload. The desktop...
  3. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.: I tried the suggestion of removing icon cache files from win explorer but they wouldnt delete... error msg said they were open in win explorer. I ran a system check from the admin command prompt. Everything checked out ok. My pic of the icons would not upload. The desktop...
  4. Desktop blank icons

Desktop blank icons: So suddenly my desktop icons went blank and I don’t know how to fix it, any help would be appreciated… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-blank-icons/ad4378f9-61cf-40ac-898c-600196925ea8
  5. My desktop icons have this weird blank icon on their left corner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My desktop icons have this weird blank icon on their left corner: [ATTACH] I moved my desktop location from C to D, also the roaming folder and then i noticed these icons at the corner of my other icons, how do i fix this i need help please...
  6. Blank icons. Not all of them but all the steam games look like this.

Blank icons. Not all of them but all the steam games look like this.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/merlin69-420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikj3pn/blank_icons_not_all_of_them_but_all_the_steam/
  7. Blank Icon on top of all my desktop shortcuts

Blank Icon on top of all my desktop shortcuts: So after I did a onedrive backup of my desktop and deleted it afterwards all my Icons look like this: https://imgur.com/a/5jBEJkb New shortcuts I add also look like this submitted by /u/DuckyyyyTV [link] [comments]...
  8. Desktop Icons are blank.

Desktop Icons are blank.: So, i recently installed an M.2 NVMe and reinstalled windows etc.. it had some bumps but was fine, i deleted some stuff off of my SSD because i cloned my HDD and when i booted my PC up the next day.. *most* (not all) of my icons are just blank sheets of paper.. i have deleted...
  9. what’s this top icon?

what’s this top icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sleepmeds [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/er5kc8/whats_this_top_icon/
  10. Win10 desktop icon text colour

Win10 desktop icon text colour: Hi, i have a problem i have seen commented on many time going back several years so i am hoping MS has finally fixed the problem. The text for the desktop ICONs is white and almost unreadable when there is a light screen. I run three monitors as a CAD designer and have...