Windows 10: My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted

Discus and support My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This has to be in my Top 10 weirdest problems in all the years since Windows 98. For a week or so each day I replace the 1/2 dozen files in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sdmike1974, Feb 20, 2019.

1. My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted

This has to be in my Top 10 weirdest problems in all the years since Windows 98.

For a week or so each day I replace the 1/2 dozen files in my Download folder.

Then when I check the next day they are all deleted again... with both my Toshiba laptop and my Dell desktop.

Here are my recent updates if this offers any clues.

TIA.

Michael T.

My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted 6e87539c-6e30-4b8e-9fcd-f7de356bf0f5?upload=true.jpg

:)

sdmike1974, Feb 20, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 20, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 20, 2019
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted

1. My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted - Similar Threads - Win10 DOWNLOAD folder

2. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  3. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  4. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is it safe to delete this folder's content?

Is it safe to delete this folder's content?: Hi, I found a folder taking up huge space, but I'm not sure if it's safe to delete it's content. C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\ It takes up 19.3gb....
  6. Win10 Deleted Folders

Win10 Deleted Folders: I have Windows 10 Pro v1909 18363.1802 My SSD boot drive C: has 10GB free of 74. Abruptly last weekend there was like 20 minutes of continuous drive activity. There was no message or alert from Windows. After the drive activity, everything continued fine. HOWEVER, when I...
  7. Recover deleted folder and contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover deleted folder and contents: I was working using the mail app on my laptop and accidentally deleted a folder and its contents. None of this is in the deleted items folder so I cannot move it back to my inbox. Where can I find it / how can I recover it? Can easily set up a new subfolder, just want the...
  8. why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder

why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder: windows 10 is deleteing the contents from the download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-deleting-the-contents-of-the/1e629346-bd60-46b3-abbb-388e2897be81"
  9. Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my...

Can I delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution download folder without it harming my...: I really need some storage space. I've watched some videos saying that it is safe, but i'm still unsure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-the-contents-of-the/52011df0-dc66-4caf-bf74-43ce2e490d41"
  10. Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder

Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder: When running disk cleanup, when I included 'clean up system files' the last entry was 'downloaded files 79gb'. The description was activex controls and javaapplets temporarily stored in the downloads folder. I don't know why I thought there could possibly be that volume of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download foldre contents deleted