Windows 10: My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

Discus and support My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gwandless, Jan 16, 2020 at 2:58 AM.

1. gwandless Win User

My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines from all other machines. Also, in the past I have been able to access a printer attached to my desktop, but it goes away at times. At the moment I can access a networked drive on my desktop but not the printer. What is it with this crappy Win10 file/device sharing. I have tried many of the fixes on YouTube and goggle fixes without success. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Greg

:)

2. Ikaruga Win User

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

4. Toothless Win User

Win10 updates

It took me forever to get used to 8.1 after being with 7 and I really don't care for DX12 since it's a POS right now. If Win10+DX12 kicked in instantly with my SLI then I'd be on the bandwagon but it's not worth it imho since there's really nothing I need in Win10.

Also my mother's laptop has Win10 and that right there has so much sh*t wrong with it and the poor thing is used for word processing and printing stuff.

Thema:

1. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer - Similar Threads - Win10 laptop can't

2. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer: I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines from all other machines. Also, in the past I have been able to access a printer attached to my desktop, but it goes away at...
  3. Win10 activation doesn't see my new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 activation doesn't see my new PC: Hi all, So yesterday i installed a windows to my new PC (laptop) and signed in with my microsoft account. My old laptop had win10 on it and licence was linked with microsoft account and i was told when i sign in on new pc it would recognize and i could choose which laptop...
  4. Cannot see my desktop nor laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see my desktop nor laptop.: I recently updated Windows 10 Pro to 1903. So far everything worked ok, except that My Desktop cannot see my Laptop and vice versa. I tried all sorts of things without resolving this issue. Even accessing \\198.168.0.1 tells me that it cannot access \\XXXXXPC with the...
  5. Win10 update kills my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update kills my laptop: After a recent update, the laptop went back to the last app before the update, but could not open any other app except the file directory. Subsequently this app also disappeared and only the file app was functioning. On seeing only the C directory using the file app, I...
  6. Site blocking on my Win10 laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Site blocking on my Win10 laptop: I want to be able to block certain websites from my HP Envy m6 1225dx Intel Core i5 laptop running Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Antimalware Free. I had Avast Antivirus and was able to program Avast to do site blocking but how do I do it now that I deleted Avast? And...
  7. My wireless Win10 laptops can see others but not themselves

My wireless Win10 laptops can see others but not themselves: My 2 wireless Windows10 laptops can see other computers on my workgroup network but not themselves. On the other hand my Windows 10 desktop computer connected by Ethernet cable can see itself and the others. Previously the laptops could see themselves in File Explorer. The...
  8. Win10 does not see USB Printer connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 does not see USB Printer connection: HP 1512 all in one printer only has a usb connection (not wireless) It was connected and worked in Win 7 but would not work in Win 10. Win 10 does not recognize the connection during installation. I followed the directions in the printer help, disconnected and...
  9. No way to see Win10 desktop on monitor or TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No way to see Win10 desktop on monitor or TV: Hello, this is my first post so be patient with me and thank you in advance. Now the problem is as follows: I set the Nvidia software to display Windows on my smart Panasonic TV and it did for a couple of days until, apparently, for no reason at all, it stopped doing it...
  10. My laptop can't print to my printer

My laptop can't print to my printer: My printer is a Brother 5250-DN. It is conected to my Desktop that is on a network. My laptop needs to connect to the network wirelessly. When I go into the network and try to connect, it says my credentials don't work. I am typing in the right username and password. Other...