Windows 10: My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

Discus and support My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gwandless, Jan 16, 2020.

1. gwandless Win User

My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines from all other machines. Also, in the past I have been able to access a printer attached to my desktop, but it goes away at times. At the moment I can access a networked drive on my desktop but not the printer. What is it with this crappy Win10 file/device sharing. I have tried many of the fixes on YouTube and goggle fixes without success. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Greg

:)

gwandless, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Ikaruga Win User

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Jan 16, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Toothless Win User

Win10 updates

It took me forever to get used to 8.1 after being with 7 and I really don't care for DX12 since it's a POS right now. If Win10+DX12 kicked in instantly with my SLI then I'd be on the bandwagon but it's not worth it imho since there's really nothing I need in Win10.

Also my mother's laptop has Win10 and that right there has so much sh*t wrong with it and the poor thing is used for word processing and printing stuff.

Toothless, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer - Similar Threads - Win10 laptop can't

2. my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10: The printer is a Dell V515w around 2010... already tried everything EVERYTHING, included YouTube tutorials... yesterday called Dell Customers Assistance... the product is discontinued, so no more updates, no more drivers, no more tech support... they say: "Before disposing...
  3. my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10: The printer is a Dell V515w around 2010... already tried everything EVERYTHING, included YouTube tutorials... yesterday called Dell Customers Assistance... the product is discontinued, so no more updates, no more drivers, no more tech support... they say: "Before disposing...
  4. my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10: the printer is a Dell V515w around 2010... already tried everything EVERYTHING, included YouTube tutorials... yesterday called Dell tech support... they say: "Before disposing the device, try calling Microsoft"... this morning discovered that "calling" Microsoft is a...
  5. Can't restore Win10 - can't 'see' <windowsimagebackup>.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't restore Win10 - can't 'see' <windowsimagebackup>.: Hello everyone- Having a problem restoring a Win10 "backup and restore" save. W10 won't see it, and I think possibly there are some files missing. I'm super frustrated and hopefully someone here can help! Thanks in advance! Basic details: Lenovo 720s Laptop Win 10 Home I...
  6. can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop: Hi there, I have a pdf file saved with symbols in it's name and i can't delete. I followed all of the recommendations in a similar post to no avail. I have tried: Safe mode Del + Shift Win Explorer Alt+P Renaming Cmd tells me it can't find the file I am deleting. I have...
  7. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer: I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines from all other machines. Also, in the past I have been able to access a printer attached to my desktop, but it goes away at...
  8. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

in Windows 10 Support
    My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer: I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines from all other machines. Also, in the past I have been able to access a printer attached to my desktop, but it goes away at...
  9. My wireless Win10 laptops can see others but not themselves

My wireless Win10 laptops can see others but not themselves: My 2 wireless Windows10 laptops can see other computers on my workgroup network but not themselves. On the other hand my Windows 10 desktop computer connected by Ethernet cable can see itself and the others. Previously the laptops could see themselves in File Explorer. The...
  10. Win10 does not see USB Printer connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 does not see USB Printer connection: HP 1512 all in one printer only has a usb connection (not wireless) It was connected and worked in Win 7 but would not work in Win 10. Win 10 does not recognize the connection during installation. I followed the directions in the printer help, disconnected and...