Windows 10: My win10 pro key is not being accepted as valid.

Discus and support My win10 pro key is not being accepted as valid. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have built my own pc together with a friend. We ordered the win10 key at the same time but it took a couple of days to arrive. By that time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 7_Visor, Jul 19, 2020.

1. 7_Visor Win User

My win10 pro key is not being accepted as valid.

Hello,

I have built my own pc together with a friend. We ordered the win10 key at the same time but it took a couple of days to arrive. By that time, I had the "Active Windows" watermark. When the key arrived, I activated win10 but I get 0x803f7001 as an error. My win10 pro key is not being accepted as valid. e70064de-cb03-42ed-acdb-67aebdd70465?upload=true.png

Troubleshooting doesn't work either.

What should I do?

:)

7_Visor, Jul 19, 2020

2. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Jul 19, 2020
  3. mlmason Win User
    Win10 Valid Windows 8.1 Pro key from Dreamspark Blocked.

So... any update on this? First, it's a Windows 8 laptop, then I installed a valid Windows 8.1 Pro install straight from Dreamspark, which lists my product key as 100% valid.

What's the deal.

mlmason, Jul 19, 2020
  4. My win10 pro key is not being accepted as valid.

Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Having upgraded my laptop and Surface Pro to Win 10, my neighbour asked me to do the same for his laptop running its original OEM applied Win7.1 Home premium.

Unlike my 2 machines, when the win10 upgrade gets to the Product Key entry screen, there is no "Skip" option and as the valid product key is not deemed valid by the upgrade I have to cancel the installation.

I have repeated the upgrade about 3 or 4 times using both the usb I used for my own installs, and also downloading the upgrade tool on his laptop and downloading the upgrade package locally and installing from there.

The same result, no Skip option, and no acceptance of the valid license key.

Any ideas please? There does not even seem to be a way to contact Microsoft about this.

Cheers
    Mike

mikepaterson, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

My win10 pro key is not being accepted as valid.

1. My win10 pro key is not being accepted as valid. - Similar Threads - win10 pro key

2. Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid: I purchased Windows 10 Pro on Amazon on 1/16/2019 for work. Installed in on a desktop workstation, no problem. Then decommissioned the workstation last year. Now I have a laptop that was purchase by the owner and has given to the business with Windows 10 Home, so I attempted...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid: I purchased Windows 10 Pro on Amazon on 1/16/2019 for work. Installed in on a desktop workstation, no problem. Then decommissioned the workstation last year. Now I have a laptop that was purchase by the owner and has given to the business with Windows 10 Home, so I attempted...
  4. have valid Win10 Pro license, can't upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have valid Win10 Pro license, can't upgrade: I bought Windows 10 Home back in 2016 via Amazon digital download. I still have the product key. In November '22, I paid $99 to upgrade to Win10 Pro via the Microsoft Store. Everything was going fine until this week. I've upgraded my PC with new hardware mobo, RAM, etc and...
  5. have valid Win10 Pro license, can't upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    have valid Win10 Pro license, can't upgrade: I bought Windows 10 Home back in 2016 via Amazon digital download. I still have the product key. In November '22, I paid $99 to upgrade to Win10 Pro via the Microsoft Store. Everything was going fine until this week. I've upgraded my PC with new hardware mobo, RAM, etc and...
  6. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.: Hello.CRITICAL, URGENT:I just formatted and then reinstalled Win10. Clean system.My machine uses my MS Account, not a local account.I am able to log in via my PIN.But - if I try to log in with my known, working MS Account password, the sign-in screen will not accept my PW....
  7. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.: Hello.CRITICAL, URGENT:I just formatted and then reinstalled Win10. Clean system.My machine uses my MS Account, not a local account.I am able to log in via my PIN.But - if I try to log in with my known, working MS Account password, the sign-in screen will not accept my PW....
  8. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Installed Win10 Home, activated successfully but needed Pro. Can't activate with valid Pro key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed Win10 Home, activated successfully but needed Pro. Can't activate with valid Pro key: I just wiped my Ubuntu system, as I was having issues and decided to install Win10 Home. I bought a valid key on ebay and it activated just fine. I thought it would be fine as a Plex Media Server, but I can't RDP to a Win10 Home system from my Pro system, so I bought a Pro...
  10. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade: Having upgraded my laptop and Surface Pro to Win 10, my neighbour asked me to do the same for his laptop running its original OEM applied Win7.1 Home premium. Unlike my 2 machines, when the win10 upgrade gets to the Product Key entry screen, there is no "Skip" option and...