Windows 10: MY WIN10 suddenly does not recognise my USB drive in the front USB SLOT

Discus and support MY WIN10 suddenly does not recognise my USB drive in the front USB SLOT in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am getting this message: The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it. and this Windows has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by estung, Jan 24, 2019.

1. estung Win User

MY WIN10 suddenly does not recognise my USB drive in the front USB SLOT

I am getting this message:

The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it.

and this

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

I have done all recommended fixes, including opening Device Manager and uninstalling the yellow marked item on the Universal Serial Bus controllers and restarting but to no avail. When I inserted a another pendrive, it is instantly recognised, but not the new one which I purchased. However, this happened to the USB slot in front of the pc unit. However, when i inserted the USB drive to one of the back slots, the system recognises it instantly.

Please help? Thank you.

:)

estung, Jan 24, 2019
  2. estung Win User

I am getting this message:

The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it.

and this

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

I have done all recommended fixes, including opening Device Manager and uninstalling the yellow marked item on the Universal Serial Bus controllers and restarting but to no avail. When I inserted a another pendrive, it is instantly recognised, but not the
    new one which I purchased. However, this happened to the USB slot in front of the pc unit. However, when i inserted the USB drive to one of the back slots, the system recognises it instantly.

Please help? Thank you.

estung, Dec 16, 2019
  3. A. User Win User

I have tried all you mentioned from 1-6. Like I mentioned: There is nothing wrong with the drive. It recognises other USB devices but not the new one I bought. However, the new USB device can be detected and recognised via the USB slot behind the computer.
    It is the front USB slot that gives me that message. Do you think this is related to my BIOS setting in your recommendation 7 and subsequently Win Repair at 8?

A. User, Dec 16, 2019
  4. A. User Win User

Hi estung ,

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Attach this drive in another computer and verify whether the drive is working or not. Also try putting in different USB ports.

Assuming that there is no hardware problem with your drive -

1. Right click on Windows Start > Device Manager > Click the topmost entry i.e. your device > Click Action in Menu > Click Scan for hardware changes

Now you should be able to see your USB drive

2, Right click on Windows Start > Device Manager > Expand Disk Drive > Locate the Drive > Right click on this > Uninstall > Reboot your computer

Now it should be detected

3. Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Click Hardware & Devices > Run the Troubleshooter

4. Whether the Drive is assigned a Drive Letter or not

Right click on Windows Start > Click Disk Management > If you see your Drive is listed there but there is no Drive Letter > Right Click it > Click Change Drive Letter and Paths > Add > Click Assign the following drive Letter > Click in the Drive Letter List
    Box > Choose an appropriate Drive Letter > OK > OK

5: Fix USB Root Hub

Windows Key+X > Click Device Manager > Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers > Right-click USB Root Hub option and click Properties > Go to Power Management tab and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK. > If you have
    more than one USB Root Hub, repeat this step for all

6. Update / Reinstall Generic USB Hub

Windows Key+X > Click Device Manager > Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers > Right click on USB Hub > Select Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > From the list,
    select Generic USB Hub > Next and follow onscreen instructions > Reboot your Computer

If problem not solved, right-click USB Hub of your USB drive and select Uninstall

Reboot your Computer to install driver automatically

7 - Try to reset your BIOS defaults

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

8 - I would recommend that you perform a Windows 10 repair upgrade. Repair upgrade fixes all Windows errors and retains all files, applications and settings. (You will not lose any data while backup is a good idea) Below is a good guide to perform repair upgrade

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repai...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

A. User, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. MY WIN10 suddenly does not recognise my USB drive in the front USB SLOT - Similar Threads - WIN10 suddenly does

2. USB headset suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB headset suddenly not recognised: I'm running windows 10 on an Acer predator PC from a good few years back now. I got a new Logitech headset with a wireless USB dongle to plug in. Have been using this for a while now. Suddenly last night it stopped working and I got a notification that the USB device is not...
  3. USB hard drive suddenly not being recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB hard drive suddenly not being recognised: My USB SSD hard drive is suddenly not being found. I get following message E:\ is not accessible.The parameter is incorrect.In the events log it saysdevice scsi\disk&ven_seagate&prod_expansion\6&3af44d73&4&000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.Can anyone...
  4. USB hard drive suddenly not being recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hard drive suddenly not being recognised: My USB SSD hard drive is suddenly not being found. I get following message E:\ is not accessible.The parameter is incorrect.In the events log it saysdevice scsi\disk&ven_seagate&prod_expansion\6&3af44d73&4&000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.Can anyone...
  5. USB hard drive suddenly not being recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot: Hi there, I've viewed a lot of similar threads on the issue but unfortunately nothing has helped so far.I'm trying to use a Dualshock 4 controller on my PC Windows 10. Unfortunately after trying multiple controller/cable combinations none of them have worked.The issue is that...
  7. PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot: Hi there, I've viewed a lot of similar threads on the issue but unfortunately nothing has helped so far.I'm trying to use a Dualshock 4 controller on my PC Windows 10. Unfortunately after trying multiple controller/cable combinations none of them have worked.The issue is that...
  8. PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Front usb wont recognise hdd

Front usb wont recognise hdd: Hi All, My front usb ports 2.0 are doing something odd, one doesnt work or recognise anything while the other will detect my xb1 controller and network adapter but wont detect hard drives. i can plug those hdd's in the back ports and everything is detected. as soon as i try...
  10. Window does not recognise my USB

Window does not recognise my USB: Hello, My USB flash drive is not working when I plug it in. It appears that Windows recognized the device because it makes a sound when I plug it in. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory....