Windows 10: My Winblows 10 experience

Discus and support My Winblows 10 experience in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Resisted as long as possible, but finally relented and upgraded to Windows10Pro 64 bit from win7. Used an image from 8 years back and went for it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bldegle2, Jul 16, 2019.

1. bldegle2 Win User

My Winblows 10 experience

Resisted as long as possible, but finally relented and upgraded to Windows10Pro 64 bit from win7. Used an image from 8 years back and went for it.

Frustrating would be speaking lightly, but, after days of registry changes, shell additions and freaky troubleshooting, I think it may finally right.

I am sure a clean install would be superior and it seems that is the suggestion when all else fails. The upgrade process puts users with little to no experience in a really tough situation as the process can be frought with a nightmare of research, registry tweaks and whatever.

Never have had such problems with an OS.

Time will tell, went 10 years with 7, the image used was from 2012.

Over and outski....

:)

bldegle2, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Shared Experiences

Hi,

Shared Experiences allow you to start a task on one device and finish it on another, or easily set up a remote control or other companion apps on a smartphone. If you don’t want to use the feature, we suggest that you disable it. Kindly follow these steps
    below:

• Click
      Start.
    • Select
      Settings.
    • Click
      System.
    • Select the Shared experiences link on the left-hand side. Here you will see a switch that lets you toggle the Share across devices feature to the On or Off position.
    • Enable it then restart your computer.
    • Go again to Shared Experiences in Settings app, and disable it completely.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 16, 2019
  4. 'Mike P Win User

shared experiences

Thanks,

quick search....

You can quickly enable, disable, and change the Shared experiences settings on Windows 10 using the following steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Shared experiences.
    • Turn on or off the Share across devices toggle switch to enable or disable the feature.

My Winblows 10 experience 23aebb6e-f501-49c1-b427-4b0980d506b3?upload=true.jpg

'Mike P, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. My Winblows 10 experience - Similar Threads - Winblows experience

2. GeForce Experience driver installation failed [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    GeForce Experience driver installation failed [Fix]: [IMG]In this article, we will see how to fix the Installation Failed error while updating or installing the GeForce Game Ready Driver through the NVIDIA Geforce Experience. NVIDIA Game Ready drivers deliver the best gaming experience for your favorite games. They also allow...
  3. Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.: I initiated Chrome with verbose logging activated within a Windows container at 17:41:41. Subsequently, I examined the timestamp of the earliest log entry, which showed 17:41:50. This indicates that Chrome took 9 seconds before generating its initial log line.Further...
  4. Goodbye Winblows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goodbye Winblows: Anyone else leaving Windows forever for a better operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goodbye-winblows/0ce396e2-eb93-4de7-b6bb-cef0121be346
  5. Goodbye Winblows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Goodbye Winblows: Anyone else leaving Windows forever for a better operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goodbye-winblows/0ce396e2-eb93-4de7-b6bb-cef0121be346
  6. Goodbye Winblows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Booted up Winblows for the first time in a few months to play the outer worlds new...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booted up Winblows for the first time in a few months to play the outer worlds new...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jlj945 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmysfo/booted_up_winblows_for_the_first_time_in_a_few/
  8. Freecell on Winblows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freecell on Winblows 10: Amongst other games I like Freecell, this is new rig build, Winblows 10 has caused me no end of grief since it's installation less than a month ago. I won't go into ALL of the problems it has created, I ill stay on track with the most current problem. I was very happy to...
  9. Winblows just lost 100+ files on me in a network transaction

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winblows just lost 100+ files on me in a network transaction: Please tell me there's some way to recover them! This represents countless hours of work down the drain. All I did was cut from the source folder and paste into the destination folder on the target machine across a simple home LAN. The transfer dialogue came up, showed all...
  10. Cannot allow anything through Winblows Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot allow anything through Winblows Firewall: Hello, Winblows Firewall never seems to work for me the way it does for everyone else. I have a Filezilla FTP server running on my local Winblows 10 machine in active mode. I can see that port 21 is open using nmap command "nmap -p 21 127.0.0.1", so the next step is of...