Windows 10: My window 10 pro licence will expiere soon and i not know about my product key. How i...

Discus and support My window 10 pro licence will expiere soon and i not know about my product key. How i... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought my laptop few month ago from retailer that time the window was working properly. After a few month when I turn my laptop ON after login it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by waseemAhmed6, Sep 7, 2020.

1. My window 10 pro licence will expiere soon and i not know about my product key. How i...

I bought my laptop few month ago from retailer that time the window was working properly. After a few month when I turn my laptop ON after login it give message.'' Your window will expiare soon you need to activate it''.The window was already install on my laptop when I bought it therefore I not know about my product key. ''please give me full guide about the problem.''

:)

waseemAhmed6, Sep 7, 2020
  2. aradne Win User

Windows 10 Pro Licence Expiring - looking for help

I have an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m purchased from a private seller about 6 months ago in late September or early October of 2017. Within the last week I have been getting a pop-up saying that the Windows Licence is about to expire.

The seller had Windows 7 Pro running on it when I bought it and there is a Windows 7 Pro product key in the battery compartment. The seller told me that he had been running Windows 10 for a short period, but did not like it and had rolled the laptop back to Windows 7.

When I purchased it, I immediately updated it to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft website. There were no issues and it has been running Windows 10 Pro without any problem for the last 6 months. I do vaguely remember however that when updating to Windows 10, the process seemed just slightly different than when I updated another laptop earlier in the year.

When I checked the Settings>Activation page now, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service" and not a digital licence as on my other laptop. I had assumed that when updating 6 months ago, I had moved to a digital licence for Windows 10. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    I downloaded the activation download tool in the first post of this thread, but it's not running properly. I can try getting it to run if you think it's necessary, but in the meantime I used Jellybean Keyfinder to look for the current Windows 10 product key. It's different from the one listed in the battery compartment for the original Windows 7 install. Keyfinder also lists the registered owner as HP and gives a blank for registered organization. It also states that Windows 10 Pro was "Installed from Volume Media".

I want to continue to run Windows 10 Pro and I would like to know my options. These are the ones I'm considering.

1. On the Settings>Activation page, go to Change Product Key and enter the Windows 7 Pro key that is listed in the battery compartment. I don't know if that will work or if it might also worsen the situation in some way.

2. Purchase a Windows 10 Pro product key from a UK ebay seller for a nominal cost and enter that product key. The seller has over 2000 highly positive reviews over several years so appears legitimate enough that it's been working for people.
    3. Is there any way to convert to a Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence at this stage?
    I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

aradne, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Remiscan Win User
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro key

I've got two laptops:
    • the old one, with Windows 10 Pro (1909) installed after a free update from Windows 8.1 Pro
    • the new one, with Windows 10 Home (1909) installed

I've got the Windows 8.1 Pro product key, and I want to transfer it to the new PC. Microsoft support tried to help me, but here's the conclusions we reached:

• I can't use the 8.1 Pro product key in the setting to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro
    • I could use it if I had Windows 10 Pro installed instead of Home
    • I can't use the generic Windows 10 Pro product key to start the upgrade, because the new PC doesn't have a Pro licence
    • I could upgrade directly from Windows 10 Home to Pro if I had a Windows 10 Pro product key instead of a Windows 8.1 Pro product key
    • I can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro and activate it later, because the installer (from the media creation tool) automatically understands that I have a Home licence and not a Pro licence, and doesn't let me choose

So, according to the support guy, my only option is to clean install Windows 10 Pro, and then it will recognize my Windows 8.1 Pro key and activate it.

It seems so weird to me that, having a valid Pro licence (in the form of a Windows 8.1 Pro product key), I can't directly upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro. Like, I have the licence, it will only work if I enter it after the upgrade, but I can only start the upgrade after entering the licence ??

So here I am, asking if there's a workaround that would allow me to simply upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro without losing any files, programs or settings, just like if I had a Windows 10 Pro product key instead of a Windows 8.1 one.

Is there any way to convince the media creation tool or whatever else to download an iso/anything that would upgrade Home to Pro?

Whatever the answer is, thank you My window 10 pro licence will expiere soon and i not know about my product key. How i... :)

EDIT: Okay so I had a weird idea and I have no idea if it would work, but basically: what if I clean installed Windows 8.1 Pro on another partition on the new PC, activated it to with the product key, updated it to Windows 10 Pro (is that still possible?)... Would that link a Windows 10 Pro licence to my Microsoft account as a digital licence for the new PC, that I could then use to upgrade the other partition to Pro for free through the Microsoft Store?

Remiscan, Sep 7, 2020
  4. ARXSc4R Win User

My window 10 pro licence will expiere soon and i not know about my product key. How i...

Windows 10 pro will expire soon

A message on my screen appeared saying that windows 10 will expire soon. my computer originally had windows 7 pre-installed. then I went to a computer shop to fix it as it contained a virus. I also
    upgraded to windows 10 pro. everything has been acting normally until that message on my screen appeared saying that windows 10 pro will expire soon. I pressed on activate and it led me to the activation page in settings. but I don't know how to reactivate
    windows 10 pro. it says to type in a product key but the only product key I know is the product key for windows 7 home premium. and I don't know if I have a digital licence. I saw methods of how to get your product key but I can't do any of those methods.
    the only thing I can think of is that the person I gave my computer to to upgrade to windows 10 pro has the product key. if that's not it then do I have to buy another windows 10 pro product key.

ARXSc4R, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

My window 10 pro licence will expiere soon and i not know about my product key. How i...

1. My window 10 pro licence will expiere soon and i not know about my product key. How i... - Similar Threads - window pro licence

2. I need to know about my Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to know about my Windows 10 Pro: Im running Windows 10 Home on my PC however it crashes and now unable to use. I was able to buy a new PC and use my Windows 10 Home. However, the old PC was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro using MS Store. I dont have product key for it. It is the $99 and I want to upgrade my PC to...
  3. I know my product ID but i dont know the product key.....how to find out product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I know my product ID but i dont know the product key.....how to find out product key: help me in getting my product key back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-know-my-product-id-but-i-dont-know-the-product/ad97df42-b25a-4f83-8e3d-d96941f6050e
  4. I know my product ID but i dont know the product key.....how to find out product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I know my product ID but i dont know the product key.....how to find out product key: help me in getting my product key back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-know-my-product-id-but-i-dont-know-the-product/ad97df42-b25a-4f83-8e3d-d96941f6050e
  5. I know my product ID but i dont know the product key.....how to find out product key

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. how can i know my windows 10 product keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can i know my windows 10 product keys: i am really having a really issue trying to update my pc back to windows 10,as i cant really figure my product key anymore* Moved from Research/Eyes First...
  7. how to i know my licence key?

how to i know my licence key?: how to i know my licence key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-know-my-licence-key/792adc84-14d1-459d-b6c7-cac162763cb2
  8. how do i find my product licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find my product licence key: by Anonymous https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-product-licence-key/4cb2b89a-6e84-4511-a63e-dc256c1b7970
  9. I would like to know how - obtain my windows 10 Pro product key

I would like to know how - obtain my windows 10 Pro product key: I just upgraded my acer triton laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro using the ms store - bought a key. this action stated that my win 10 pro is activated with a digital key from ms. It did not give me the actual key. Now, I am trying to replace the 512 SSD HDD with a 1TB SSD...
  10. I don't know where to find my Digital Licence & Product Key .

I don't know where to find my Digital Licence & Product Key .: Hi , I want to ask where do I find my PK or DL , For up to now , The Activation Pop-up keeps on showing . It's just so annoying , I got this Windows 10 Enterprise from a DVD , And I searched and read everything that was in the package , But to no avail...