Windows 10: My Window Admin account was not taking password

Discus and support My Window Admin account was not taking password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Please do me help when I'm Entering my password in window admin in a first tile of window even the hint option is correct password is correct and the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AshishKanojia, Sep 14, 2020.

1. My Window Admin account was not taking password

Please do me help when I'm Entering my password in window admin in a first tile of window even the hint option is correct password is correct and the password since not changed so why is this happened with it, Please do me help, I'm looking for your guidance.

:)

AshishKanojia, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

My Window Admin account was not taking password

Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

Thema:

My Window Admin account was not taking password

1. My Window Admin account was not taking password - Similar Threads - Window Admin account

2. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  3. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  4. Cannot create a password with my admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot create a password with my admin account: I was trying to add a passwod to my account on windows 10 but it needs to be done with an admin account even though i only have one account and is labeled as administrator.thanks in advance fo the help....
  5. Cannot create a password with my admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create a password with my admin account: I was trying to add a passwod to my account on windows 10 but it needs to be done with an admin account even though i only have one account and is labeled as administrator.thanks in advance fo the help....
  6. Cannot create a password with my admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Admin Account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Admin Account password: I have forgotten my admin user account password and also do not have the password resetting disk. Enabling safe mode also requires admin password. What can I do to reset or remove the password?...
  8. Change admin account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change admin account password: I am running WIN10 build 18362. I have the admin PW (not my MS account PW) so can login. I wish to change the admin PW. There are no other accounts on the machine. How can I make the change?...
  9. Windows 10 Admin account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Admin account password: How can I retrieve/change the administrator account password? Windows was pre-installed on the machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-admin-account-password/fd6fa79d-8dd0-4e63-8397-beaee0bc838c
  10. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...