Windows 10: My Windows 10 antivirus defender is disabled how to enable it?

Discus and support My Windows 10 antivirus defender is disabled how to enable it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yes, it says in the settings that this is deactivated, that's true, but I forgot how I deactivated it, who can help me? Thank you :3 Mein Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Phxnomen, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Phxnomen Win User

My Windows 10 antivirus defender is disabled how to enable it?

Yes, it says in the settings that this is deactivated, that's true, but I forgot how I deactivated it, who can help me? Thank you :3

:)

Phxnomen, Aug 4, 2020
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

The State of Cryptocurrency

According to the reddit page i linked earlier, this is the solution:

• Disable Windows Real-Time Protection
    • Disable Cloud-delivered protection
    • Copy the .exe back over to the affected machine.
    • Add the .exe to the windows 10 defender exclusion list
    • Enable windows defender again to see if it would removed it again.
    • Startup claymore again.
    Here is how to add an exclusion:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...dd-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender-antivirus

3. How to quickly enable/disable windows 10 (defender) antivirus?

Follow these steps:

1. Create a shortcut on the desktop.
    2. Open the shortcut properties and assign these values:
      • Target:

(Ensure to change "en-US" to your locale region code)
      • Working directory:

3. Have fun!.

Here is a demo I made in my locale settings:

My Windows 10 antivirus defender is disabled how to enable it? [​IMG]

Note: Tested on Windows 10 build 10240 and 10565.

Theorically the WDEnable Win32 function could toggle the state of Windows Defender:

However, seems complicated because security reasons as pointed out in this question:

ElektroStudios, Aug 4, 2020
  4. My Windows 10 antivirus defender is disabled how to enable it?

Windows defender couldnt be enable after being disabled

Hello Imtiaz,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following questions:

• Have you installed any third-party security software on your computer?

• Are you using administrator account?

• Is the computer connected to domain?

• Did you try restarting the computer and check?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

update the group policy and check.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Gpupdate and press enter.

• Then try enabling the Windows defender in group policy and check.
    This issue usually arises when you have installed a security software on your computer. From Windows 8 onwards, the Windows Defender is equipped with all the functionalities of an anti-virus software including real-time protection which was not
    present in Windows Defender in Windows 7.

Method 2

If you have any third-party security software installed, I would suggest you to uninstall thatsoftware and then upgrade to Windows 10. As it is not recommended to keep more than 1 anti-virus software with real-time protection.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable/uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable/uninstall
    it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Whenever you install a third-party security software in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, it automatically disables Windows Defender to avoid conflicts.

Method 3

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on the windows defender.

• Type control panel in the search box.

• Choose the Action Center under
      System and Security option.

• You see the notification that Windows defender is turned off below the
      Security label. Hit the Turn on now tab to active the Windows Defender again.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 antivirus defender is disabled how to enable it?

1. My Windows 10 antivirus defender is disabled how to enable it? - Similar Threads - antivirus defender disabled

2. How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?: How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection? mean real time protection & tamper protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-defender-antivirus/bdf21108-9367-4166-858b-c2e5931d23e9
  3. How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?: How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection? mean real time protection & tamper protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-defender-antivirus/bdf21108-9367-4166-858b-c2e5931d23e9
  4. Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled: Windows 10 Home 22H2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus became disabled somehow while I was troubleshooting a GPU problem. At present, I cannot reactivate Windows Defender Antivirus. The on-off switch is grayed out under "Real time Protection" in Virus Threats and Protection...
  5. Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled: Windows 10 Home 22H2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus became disabled somehow while I was troubleshooting a GPU problem. At present, I cannot reactivate Windows Defender Antivirus. The on-off switch is grayed out under "Real time Protection" in Virus Threats and Protection...
  6. Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Defender Antivirus is disabled by IT admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Antivirus is disabled by IT admin: Hi i have a problem where I cant access the protection against viruses part of defender and it says that it was disabled by IT admin but I am the admin. What should i do?...
  8. How to Disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11: Microsoft Defender Antivirus is the default antivirus solution of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. It is turned on by default, unless another security solution is installed that is recognized by the operating system as such. Previously, it was known as Windows...
  9. Windows Defender's antivirus access disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender's antivirus access disabled: Hi, I recently came upon 2 issues that came together or I noticed the second thanks to the first...Like many others have signaled, Windows Defenders now consider qBittorrent as a threat. I wanted to make an exception for the installation folder, but I discovered that I had no...
  10. How do I completely disable Windows Defender Antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I completely disable Windows Defender Antivirus?: submitted by /u/thatnerd69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb4ckl/how_do_i_completely_disable_windows_defender/