Windows 10: My Windows 10 computer has stopped accepting my password!

Discus and support My Windows 10 computer has stopped accepting my password! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Windows 10 computer has two ways to sign in when the computer boots up. Both list my last name and one has my phot and one does not. I can usually... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by edokie, Jul 13, 2020.

1. edokie Win User

My Windows 10 computer has stopped accepting my password!

My Windows 10 computer has two ways to sign in when the computer boots up. Both list my last name and one has my phot and one does not. I can usually click on the one with the photo and it leads me to the desk top. If I try to use the one with no photo it tells me my password is incorrect and it will not accept any password including my microsoft account password. Last night we had a local storm with lightening I was not using the computer. Today the computer will not accept my microsoft account password or any password I have recently used. It gives a password hint that I have not used in years and it will not accept the password I used with that password hint. After I put in my Microsoft account password it will not accept that and below that the Password Hint it says "Reset Password" and when I click on that it says: "Welcome to the Password Reset Wizard" and it says to use that I need to have made a password reset disk, and I have never done that! How can I open my computer? Please reply to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Thanks.

:)

edokie, Jul 13, 2020

2. My desktop computer will not accept my password

My desktop computer windows 7 professional will not accept my password. A few days ago it stopped requiring a password to get in, I reset it with a new password. I'm not very computer savvy. I've tried a few suggestions offered, but none of them worked.

KATHLEENJOYCE1, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 computer has stopped accepting my password! - Similar Threads - computer has stopped

2. Windows 11 suddenly stopped accepting my password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 suddenly stopped accepting my password.: I am able to successfully reset my password online using another computer, but after several days of trying, I still cannot login to my Windows 11 computer. I have tried *every* troubleshooting step I can find and even the Login Troubleshooter finds no problems. I have two...
  3. Windows 11 suddenly stopped accepting my password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 suddenly stopped accepting my password.: I am able to successfully reset my password online using another computer, but after several days of trying, I still cannot login to my Windows 11 computer. I have tried *every* troubleshooting step I can find and even the Login Troubleshooter finds no problems. I have two...
  4. My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password: On closing my computer I had a message to update and shut down. Following the update, the next time I opened the computer I was asked to create a new Microsoft password. When I then tried to open the computer, it would not accept my PIN number and got an error message asking...
  5. My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password

My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password: On closing my computer I had a message to update and shut down. Following the update, the next time I opened the computer I was asked to create a new Microsoft password. When I then tried to open the computer, it would not accept my PIN number and got an error message asking...
  6. Windows 10 not accepting my password

Windows 10 not accepting my password: I have Windows 10 and it is not accepting my password. It says incorrect no matter I check, it is the same password as before. I even right it down and tried it multiple times but still no go. I want to sign in to PC. Please help me no matter what....
  7. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not accepting my password: I have Windows 10 and it is not accepting my password. It says incorrect no matter I check, it is the same password as before. I even right it down and tried it multiple times but still no go. I want to sign in to PC. Please help me no matter what....
  8. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. My Windows 10 won't accept my password

My Windows 10 won't accept my password: My Windows 10 suddenly denied my password that I've been using since the beginning and I now I can't log in. I've tried resetting my password thrice but there's still no success. I just safe booted my PC then this happened. I need help immediately. Thanks!...
  10. windows 10 wont accept my password

windows 10 wont accept my password: I KNOW i am entering the correct password but at the start up log in the computer will either restart, crash or tell me I have the wrong password. When I go into the restore or repair, it tells me it cant....