Windows 10: My Windows 10 computer is logged into the wrong Microsoft account

Discus and support My Windows 10 computer is logged into the wrong Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two Microsoft accounts created under two different e-mail addresses. The first e-mail address is my most active and it provided by my local ISP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mega.me, Oct 9, 2019.

1. mega.me Win User

My Windows 10 computer is logged into the wrong Microsoft account

I have two Microsoft accounts created under two different e-mail addresses. The first e-mail address is my most active and it provided by my local ISP and looks like this: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. My old computer always logged into this account, and all my Microsoft activity happens under this account.

I have a second Microsoft account that is set up under my gmail address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

Yesterday, I purchased a new computer. As part of a set up process, I was asked to enter an existing gmail account or create a new one. I thought that this was simply for setting up an e-mail account on this new computer, so I used that gmail address. But what I have now found out is that this new computer is logging into a completely different account. This is having repercussions for my one drive and office accounts.

I have looked, and read and tried everything to change this, but without success. I know that this new computer is logged into the gmail account because the "Change account settings" page shows it.

I can log into my Microsoft account using @myIPS.com and my account shows that my new laptop has the two e-mail account (this insight provided by my web browser).

So my question is: How can I make the changes needed to get my new computer to log into my default Microsoft account as default?

:)

mega.me, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown My Windows 10 computer is logged into the wrong Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 computer is logged into the wrong Microsoft account - Similar Threads - computer logged wrong

2. Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?: I received an email today that there has been suspicious login activity on my Microsoft account, associated with my Gmail address. My Microsoft account is rarely used and is under a Hotmail address. Now here is where it gets weird.If I start the login process with my Gmail...
  3. Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?: I received an email today that there has been suspicious login activity on my Microsoft account, associated with my Gmail address. My Microsoft account is rarely used and is under a Hotmail address. Now here is where it gets weird.If I start the login process with my Gmail...
  4. Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop logged into wrong account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop logged into wrong account: My fiancée and I have a family share on our Xbox account, so we tried playing on the Xbox game pc version. But ever since we did that my primary account on my desktop has changed to his account/email as the admin. Is there a way I can log him off of my PC and sign in as my...
  6. Desktop logged into wrong account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop logged into wrong account: My fiancée and I have a family share on our Xbox account, so we tried playing on the Xbox game pc version. But ever since we did that my primary account on my desktop has changed to his account/email as the admin. Is there a way I can log him off of my PC and sign in as my...
  7. Cant log-in to my my computer with microsoft account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log-in to my my computer with microsoft account.: Hello, i can not access my computer. I recently signed in my computer with my microsoft account. It asked me for a password but i just closed that window. When i restarted my computer, it just brought my username and the `sign-in` option right under it but when i tap that...
  8. Cant log-in to my my computer with microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log-in to my my computer with microsoft account.: Hello, i can not access my computer. I recently signed in my computer with my microsoft account. It asked me for a password but i just closed that window. When i restarted my computer, it just brought my username and the `sign-in` option right under it but when i tap that...
  9. Cant log-in to my my computer with microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Microsoft account wrong computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft account wrong computer: I just noticed that my Microsoft account, under "Devices," shows my computer as an HP Pavilion 15 notebook...but my computer is a Dell Inspiron laptop! The numerical ID is correct, just the description is wrong. Is that a problem??...