Windows 10: My Windows 10 Computer is Not Recognizing My Microphone

Discus and support My Windows 10 Computer is Not Recognizing My Microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Lenovo PC. I am using a BM-800 microphone. I have looked pretty much everywhere for a solution. My computer is not registering my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ReynaMT, Dec 26, 2018.

1. ReynaMT Win User

My Windows 10 Computer is Not Recognizing My Microphone

I have a Windows 10 Lenovo PC. I am using a BM-800 microphone. I have looked pretty much everywhere for a solution. My computer is not registering my microphone. I have scanned for devices, and done troubleshooting (I think it was the right category?) In fact, when I plug it in the Dolby audio pops up, so it seems that it is being recognized as headphones. This has only been a recent problem: a bit more than a week ago, I submitted an audition for a voice acting job and got in. They said my mic quality was superior. Now, it is not showing up on my computer, and I have lines I need to send in. (Sorry about that extra info.) When I listen to playback to see where the sound is coming from, it is the mic on my computer and not my actual mic. I have restarted my computer, updated my recording programs and my Windows version. I just tried my mic on my iPad, so I know it's not the actual microphone that's the problem.

I looked for a driver, but couldn't find it.

Is it possible that it is a windows update that has messed with my devices or something?

Is there something else you think I can do?

Thank you for your time!

:)

ReynaMT, Dec 26, 2018

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

My Windows 10 Computer is Not Recognizing My Microphone [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

I would assume I am using the Dell provided Realtek sound Drivers. Im not entirely sure though. Heres what I see in the same spot as your two images. The microphone that is disabled is the inbuilt microphone next to the webcam.

Aaeeschylus, Dec 26, 2018
  4. BreBruce Win User

Microphone not recognized in Windows 10.

Purchased two new microphones, (will return one), neither are recognized by my computer with Windows 10. Microphones do not appear in sound under recording devices.

BreBruce, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 Computer is Not Recognizing My Microphone - Similar Threads - Computer Recognizing Microphone

2. why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available: how do i get my speakers working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-not-recognize-my-speakers-and/7c757510-b55e-42a3-8e48-a75bddb53708
  3. why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available: how do i get my speakers working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-not-recognize-my-speakers-and/7c757510-b55e-42a3-8e48-a75bddb53708
  4. why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer does not recognize my microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer does not recognize my microphone.: I've been having this problem for a while and I have tried everything. I have a Razer Headset, with a TRRS Connector, my computer only accepts TRRS It is an ASUS Predator Helios. I will get proper audio and everything, but whenever I attempt to properly set up the microphone...
  6. Computer stop recognizing microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer stop recognizing microphone: Hi, My computer stop recognizing my microphone during live meetings. Everything could be fine for 15 minutes and then the problem starts. The consequence is I can't hear the participants and they can't hear me. Sometimes there is a loud noise. I need do restart my...
  7. Microphone not being recognized by computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not being recognized by computer: Ok I have a headset with a singular 3.5mm jack at the end. It came with a 1-2 spliter so i can plug in my microphone and audio however, the microphone isnt recognised at all Ive plugged the singular jack into a mobile device and the microphone worked I have no clue why this...
  8. Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone: idk when it had happened but at some point, maybe after an update, my laptop just stopped recognizing my headphones. When I delete realtec drivers it reboots the system and my laptop actually detects my headphones and I can switch between the speakers and the headphones. The...
  9. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer: So im having this problem with my pc. So one day i woke up and my pc was being kinda slow so i restarted it and then i couldn't talk to my friends. i do use the built in mic in my laptop to talk and dont use my headphones. this has been happening since about the middle of...
  10. Windows 10 not recognizing my laptop built-in microphone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 not recognizing my laptop built-in microphone: I have an ACER Switch One 10 convertible laptop, running Windows 10 Home v. 1903. Despite having all permissions set to on, no microphone is detected by Skype, Cortana, etc. HELP!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WERE IS MY MICROPHONE ON MY LEVONO DESK TOP COMPUTER

2. bm 800 didnt recognize in audition

3. my comp isnt recognizing my microphone windows 10

4. windows 10 not recognizing microphone