Windows 10: My Windows 10 computer that I have used for a year, locks by itself and won’t start up again

Discus and support My Windows 10 computer that I have used for a year, locks by itself and won’t start up again in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have used this HP computer for a year now, and it works fine. Recently, while I was playing a game, it went to a blue screen like you see with... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GavinRocks, Jun 2, 2021.

1. My Windows 10 computer that I have used for a year, locks by itself and won’t start up again

I have used this HP computer for a year now, and it works fine. Recently, while I was playing a game, it went to a blue screen like you see with shutting down the computer, but with “Shutting down…” replaced with “Locking…” This screen flashed for a second before the screen turned black, and the computer shut off. I haven’t been able to turn it back on using the power button, and i’m concerned because of all my life’s work was put on there. Help please!

:)

GavinRocks, Jun 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Jun 2, 2021
  4. My Windows 10 computer that I have used for a year, locks by itself and won’t start up again

My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

My Windows 10 computer that I have used for a year, locks by itself and won’t start up again

1. My Windows 10 computer that I have used for a year, locks by itself and won’t start up again - Similar Threads - computer used locks

2. Windows 10- 64 won’t start again!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10- 64 won’t start again!: Hi,I made Feb Windows security update manually through Microsoft Update Catalog site, but while Configuring Windows Update the progress blue screen the power went down and the laptop shut down.After restarting it, I got a blinking / flashing screen which was showing me my...
  3. Windows 10- 64 won’t start again!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10- 64 won’t start again!: Hi,I made Feb Windows security update manually through Microsoft Update Catalog site, but while Configuring Windows Update the progress blue screen the power went down and the laptop shut down.After restarting it, I got a blinking / flashing screen which was showing me my...
  4. My computer won’t start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t start up: I installed a restore point onto my computer. That installed fine however it then had to restart. I waited almost 14 hours for the computer to restart and ended up having to turn it off from the power button. The computer now doesn’t load onto windows when turned on and...
  5. My computer won’t start up

My computer won’t start up: I installed a restore point onto my computer. That installed fine however it then had to restart. I waited almost 14 hours for the computer to restart and ended up having to turn it off from the power button. The computer now doesn’t load onto windows when turned on and...
  6. Computer won’t start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t start up: I have a laptop which is approx 10 years old, and has developed a faulty where it won’t start. I get the flash screen and this is followed by a grey screen.. I have tried to boot in to diagnostics by pressing the on / off button 3 times, doesn’t work. I have also created a...
  7. Computer won’t start up

Computer won’t start up: I have a laptop which is approx 10 years old, and has developed a faulty where it won’t start. I get the flash screen and this is followed by a grey screen.. I have tried to boot in to diagnostics by pressing the on / off button 3 times, doesn’t work. I have also created a...
  8. Computer won’t start up

9. My Computer reboot itself when I shut down and Start up again.

My Computer reboot itself when I shut down and Start up again.: So I've had this problem for almost a week already. Firstly, we already deleted files, and made some new work on our pc. When I shut it down and start it again the next morning, we saw something unusual. All the files we deleted was recovered and the new files were...
  10. Windows 10 bricked. Computer won’t start up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 bricked. Computer won’t start up.: Hi, I have a problem with my PC not starting up. During a major update, my internet service failed due to a heavy storm damaging the underground cabling. As a result, the update was halted, and I wasn’t able to restore internet service for a week, hence the update not...