Windows 10: My Windows 10 computer turns itself off during the night. I want it to stay on.

Discus and support My Windows 10 computer turns itself off during the night. I want it to stay on. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer turns itself off during the night. I want it to stay on. The Power and Sleep setting only lists Screen, but no Power, so I can't tell it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DavidWilson505, Sep 1, 2020.

1. My Windows 10 computer turns itself off during the night. I want it to stay on.

My computer turns itself off during the night. I want it to stay on. The Power and Sleep setting only lists Screen, but no Power, so I can't tell it to never shut off. Why am I missing the Power or Sleep part and only have Screen?

:)

DavidWilson505, Sep 1, 2020

2. Computer turns itself on

Hi, I have a windows 10 computer that will never stay off. When I shut my computer off for the night and return home from work my computer will always be on. When I put it in sleep it will randomly turn itself back on?? Any suggestions??

DustinDavis_825, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

My Windows 10 computer turns itself off during the night. I want it to stay on.

Why doesn't night light work when booting computer from power off state at NIGHT? It is as if the virtual state of the Night Light switch does not concur with the physical state of the machine!

Hi Chip,

For us to better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following:

• When did you notice that the Night light is not turning on automatically?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What is the OS build of your Windows 10?
    • Is your Windows 10 computer enrolled to the Insider build?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 computer turns itself off during the night. I want it to stay on.

1. My Windows 10 computer turns itself off during the night. I want it to stay on. - Similar Threads - computer turns itself

2. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  3. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  4. Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.: My Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.I have searched various threads but cant find an answer. I check and the power light is off. when i wake up the white power light is on. baffled.thanks...
  5. Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.: My Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.I have searched various threads but cant find an answer. I check and the power light is off. when i wake up the white power light is on. baffled.thanks...
  6. My computer turns on by itself during the day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer turns on by itself during the day: My computer turns on at 1pm every day from sleep. I fixed this problem before by disabling a task in task scheduler. After a windows update the problem started again. I didn't find anything in task scheduler this time. What else can I do to fix this problem? submitted by...
  7. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity. MOBO: Asus X570-F latest BIOS, tried older versions VGA: nVidia RTX2070 latest driver, tried older versions OS: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, fully updated....
  8. My computer wont stay off of night mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer wont stay off of night mode: In color manage I have made the average colors my default but my computer keep saying that there is a hardware change and turns orange submitted by /u/w0f3r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuujl5/my_computer_wont_stay_off_of_night_mode/
  9. My PC turns on by itself during the night SOLVED

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC turns on by itself during the night SOLVED: I've seen similar questions already posted, but I had to ask since they're kinda outdated. In the evening I'd put my PC to hibernation. Browser and XAMPP are on. And around 3:15-3:45 at night it would turn on by itself and wake me up. Not every night, but often. I turned of...
  10. My PC turns on by itself during the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC turns on by itself during the night: I've seen similar questions already posted, but I had to ask since they're kinda outdated. In the evening I'd put my PC to hibernation. Browser and XAMPP are on. And around 3:15-3:45 at night it would turn on by itself and wake me up. Not every night, but often. I turned of...