Windows 10: My windows 10 computer will no longer recognize my HP 4500 printer scanner, will print but...

Discus and support My windows 10 computer will no longer recognize my HP 4500 printer scanner, will print but... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MY computer no longer will scan to the computer from ny HP 4500 printer scanner. I will print but when ask to scan it says does not recognize scanner.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HarryTowns, Dec 22, 2019.

1. My windows 10 computer will no longer recognize my HP 4500 printer scanner, will print but...

MY computer no longer will scan to the computer from ny HP 4500 printer scanner. I will print but when ask to scan it says does not recognize scanner.

:)

HarryTowns, Dec 22, 2019

2. Unable to print using my HP ENVY 4500 printer

I am unable to print from my computer and I use W (10).
    I use an HP ENVY 4500 printer and use a network setup by the HP Printer.
    Everything was working fine for several months until yesterday.
    First it wouldn't scan. Next it wouldn't print from my computer. Today the scanner works fine but I cannot print. I use an HP Envy 4500 series (NET) as scanner.
    The computer was printing to an "HP ENVY 4500 series (NETWORK)" which it has always done.

Three things:

1. When I go to "Devices and Printers" it says that " this a web services printer".
    At "See What's Printing it
    says under "Status," "Error - Printing."

2. Also, under the column "Port" it says "Status FOXIT_PDF:
    I have no idea what "FOXIT_PDF:" is.

3. Lastly at "Device Manager, it says "This device is working properly."
    FYI It says, at " Location" on HP65DE1D (HP ENVY 4500}.

For the record, I had changed some settings on the computer before this thing happened.
    I have no idea what I changed. I'm guessing that I may have changed some setting that may have caused my problem.

I'll work on what you suggest.

Many thanks.

Jim Nolan

Original subject: My my computer print.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

lakgj Power Point, Dec 22, 2019
  3. HP officejet 4500 printer is not working after upgrading to Windows 10

I have an HP OfficeJet 4500 all in one printer. Since I upgraded to windows 10 my scanner doesn't work. Any suggested fixes?

Original title: hp officejet 4500

HenryAndrews, Dec 22, 2019
  4. My windows 10 computer will no longer recognize my HP 4500 printer scanner, will print but...

Can't get my HP 4500 printer to print from my ASUS computer

To the best of my ability I've tried all of the suggestions and none of them worked. I even found a cable to attach the printer to the computer and uploaded the printer program for the HP Envy 4500 using the cable and the computer is still not communicating
    with the printer and nothing is printing. I've even stopped and restarted the printer spooler and it still will not print.

Anyaddtional suggestions would be helpful.

James12_02, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

My windows 10 computer will no longer recognize my HP 4500 printer scanner, will print but...

1. My windows 10 computer will no longer recognize my HP 4500 printer scanner, will print but... - Similar Threads - computer longer recognize

2. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  3. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  4. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints: My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints either text or photos from my desktop computer Windows 10,instead givin an 'out of paper' error,yet when instructed to print a quality diagnostic, or a test page,gives a perfect print...
  5. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints: My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints either text or photos from my desktop computer Windows 10,instead givin an 'out of paper' error,yet when instructed to print a quality diagnostic, or a test page,gives a perfect print...
  6. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PRINTER CONNECTION-my computer no longer recognizes my printer although the print box...

PRINTER CONNECTION-my computer no longer recognizes my printer although the print box...: three days ago I could not connect my desktop to the printer. when I click on print a box opens and state that it does not recognize the printer although the "print Box" highlights my printer. How do I correct this problem?...
  8. Can't get my HP 4500 printer to print from my ASUS computer

Can't get my HP 4500 printer to print from my ASUS computer: I've uninstalled the printer twice, looked in all the ques, made suet it is set as the default printer and it still will not printer. The printer queu will show that the document is printing but it never does, Any hep would be appreciated...
  9. HP Envy 4500 printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Envy 4500 printer: How do I turn on 'scan to computer' on my HP Envy4500 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-4500-printer/9657bf71-6ec9-4a10-84aa-e93c88563b71
  10. scan on my printer HP 4500 is not conecting to my computer however I able to print from my...

scan on my printer HP 4500 is not conecting to my computer however I able to print from my...: scan on my printer HP 4500 is not connecting to my computer however I am able to print from my computer to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-on-my-printer-hp-4500-is-not-conecting-to-my/526125a7-d099-4fec-bc5b-8a46ddca5ed3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why will my epson xp-645 printer not scan documents to my windows 10 pc

2. get computer to recognize HP 4500

3. my computer with windows 10 does not recognize my Epson ET-4550 printer/scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-computer-with-windows-10-does-not-recognize-my/e0f305f2-0094-4ace-931a-781b49b7431a