Windows 10: My windows 10 computer will not wake up and Sleep is set to Never

Discus and support My windows 10 computer will not wake up and Sleep is set to Never in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; AcerAspire E5-576G x64-based PCWindows 10 10.019042 Build 19042 It used to work fine and this would only happen once in a while now every morning the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sharon_303, May 11, 2021.

1. My windows 10 computer will not wake up and Sleep is set to Never

AcerAspire E5-576G x64-based PCWindows 10 10.019042 Build 19042 It used to work fine and this would only happen once in a while now every morning the computer is asleep and I have to reboot it to get it going. This wastes a lot of time.It's plugged in and set to sleep Never.

:)

Sharon_303, May 11, 2021
  2. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, May 11, 2021
  3. computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, May 11, 2021
  4. My windows 10 computer will not wake up and Sleep is set to Never

Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 11, 2021
Thema:

My windows 10 computer will not wake up and Sleep is set to Never

1. My windows 10 computer will not wake up and Sleep is set to Never - Similar Threads - computer wake Sleep

2. Sleep time set and wake up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep time set and wake up?: I know Windows 10 users can go into power settings and change when PC goes to sleep afterBut is there a way to tell Windows 10 when exactly to put my PC to sleep and when to wake itself up? not only selecting time but days, an example for me would be:Sleep: 1:00am Everyday...
  3. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  4. My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,

My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,: Hi, My computer is not waking up from sleep mode, I end up having to hold down the power button for a few seconds forcing a restart. anyone know a fix for this?...
  5. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  6. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  7. Computer wakes up from sleep.

Computer wakes up from sleep.: Hi Since I updated my PC to v1903 few days back, my PC switches itself on. Since the first version of Windows 10 I must have going into Task Scheduler and disable the wake up timer of UpdateOrchestrator and also my harddiskvolume2. But with this new version of Windows, it...
  8. "Never sleep" settings in Windows 10 don't work. My Desktop computer goes to sleep...

"Never sleep" settings in Windows 10 don't work. My Desktop computer goes to sleep...: There are many posts similar to mine and I have read them all. I have followed all suggested tips however they don't fix the problem. Please help. The hours of lost productivity time is driving me CRAZY! Please help!...
  9. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  10. Waking the computer up from sleep

Waking the computer up from sleep: I have been having the issue as of late that whenever my computer would go into sleep mode by itself or if I would accidentally press the power button, thus initiating sleep mode, I can not get the screen to turn back on. In order for the screen to come back on, I would have...