Windows 10: My windows 10 computers cannot see one of my windows 10 on the network discovery, but my...

Discus and support My windows 10 computers cannot see one of my windows 10 on the network discovery, but my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have several computers, some with windows 10 and some with windows 7. I recently installed a windows 10 computer and I having difficulties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeraisel., Jun 26, 2019.

1. Jeraisel. Win User

My windows 10 computers cannot see one of my windows 10 on the network discovery, but my...

Hello

I have several computers, some with windows 10 and some with windows 7.
    I recently installed a windows 10 computer and I having difficulties with the network, namely getting other windows 10 to discover it on the network.
    When I list the network on windows explorer from windows 7 I can see the computer, but when I list from a windows 10 I don't see it.
    When I enter the name manually on both versions of windows I can access the shared files with no problems

Here's what I've done

smb 1 off
    ipv6 deactivated
    Services:
    Function Discovery Provider Host (FDPHost)
    Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub)
    Network Connections
    Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRPSvc) ?
    Peer Networking Grouping (P2PSvc)
    Peer Networking Identity Manager (P2PIMSvc)

network discovery - x (couldn't find it)

The firewall is configured to trust my computers, mas even so I shut it down for the test.
    Snoozed the firewall too for the test

Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance

jeraisel

:)

Jeraisel., Jun 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Wired...Ill check the network adapter driver. Whenit does this I just cancel and try again and it works

My windows 10 computers cannot see one of my windows 10 on the network discovery, but my... Capture002.jpg

Edit: I switched fro the Intel adapter to the Killer Adapter. Same thing. Network discovery is on

Jetster, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

My windows 10 computers cannot see one of my windows 10 on the network discovery, but my...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. My windows 10 computers cannot see one of my windows 10 on the network discovery, but my... - Similar Threads - computers cannot network

2. I cannot see my computer on the network in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot see my computer on the network in windows 11: I cannot see my computer on the network in windows 11I have 3 PC in the same home network I see the same problem in all of them See picI cannot see MyBookLive and my computer.2 icons are showing while I should see 4 icons.If I type on the top bar \\MyBookLive and...
  3. I cannot see my computer on the network in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot see my computer on the network in windows 11: I cannot see my computer on the network in windows 11I have 3 PC in the same home network I see the same problem in all of them See picI cannot see MyBookLive and my computer.2 icons are showing while I should see 4 icons.If I type on the top bar \\MyBookLive and...
  4. Cannot see all computer on network - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see all computer on network - Windows 10: On my local network, over and over only 4 computers show up in the Network tab, despite the fact that there are twice as many, including one Linux computer with Samba share. Other PCs are able to see them too, only my PC cannot see them.I have tried all the suggestions here:...
  5. cannot see all computers on my windows 10 network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot see all computers on my windows 10 network: I have a wired and wireless network in my house with one desktop S4 and four laptops JGT-HPLT, KMT-DELL, Sony-VAIO, Blake-Z580. All are running windows 10 with the latest updates. All have Network Discovery turned on. I'm NOT using homegroup. However, depending on which...
  6. Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software. Network adapter drivers are the latest. I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue. I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks. Both Wifi and...
  7. Cannot see my PC on my network

Cannot see my PC on my network: I have four Windows 10 PCs and a network attached storage unit. Only one PC can see the other pcs and NAS iin the system. All of the other PCS only can see themselves. One pc was just converted from windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro and a clean install was done to accomplish...
  8. One computer on my network can't see the other

One computer on my network can't see the other: Hi, I'd love some help please. I have two Windows 10 PCs on the same network. One is on Wifi and the other connects to the wireless router via a power link plug socket. Within the Netwok tab of Windows Explorer, the desktop PC can see the laptop and can open the shared...
  9. Can't see non-windows 10 computers on my network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't see non-windows 10 computers on my network: After yet ANOTHER forced "update" to Windows 10, I can NOW no longer see any of the Non-Windows 10 computers on my network. This includes our network server. How do I fix this?...
  10. I cannot see computer in my network

I cannot see computer in my network: before last update it was possible to share data between different computer in my network, now I cannot connect to one of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-cannot-see-computer-in-my-network/1884a860-0408-4f23-b8be-084db83a2d78