Windows 10: My Windows 10 crashed a few days earlier and now my CD Drive icon is missing.

Discus and support My Windows 10 crashed a few days earlier and now my CD Drive icon is missing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few days earlier, my windows crashed. When the laptop restarted itself, my CD Drive icon went missing. How to bring it back? I also went on to check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keshav Vyas 2017uee0074, May 21, 2022.

1. My Windows 10 crashed a few days earlier and now my CD Drive icon is missing.

A few days earlier, my windows crashed. When the laptop restarted itself, my CD Drive icon went missing. How to bring it back? I also went on to check it in the Device Manager but I could not see it there too. Please help me.

:)

Keshav Vyas 2017uee0074, May 21, 2022
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, May 21, 2022
  3. Joosujin Win User
    CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, May 21, 2022
  4. My Windows 10 crashed a few days earlier and now my CD Drive icon is missing.

Lost DVD/CD drive in Windows 10.

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the
    DVD/CD drivers from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type device manager and select the top most search result.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver and select
      Uninstall option.
    • Restart the PC for the Windows to install the DVD/Cd drivers automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Get back to us if you are facing further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 21, 2022
Thema:

My Windows 10 crashed a few days earlier and now my CD Drive icon is missing.

1. My Windows 10 crashed a few days earlier and now my CD Drive icon is missing. - Similar Threads - crashed few days

2. CD drive is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD drive is missing: I completely wipe and restore my PC 3 days ago. After doing so, suddenly my PC won't recognize my cd drive. Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-is-missing/0174c990-3215-4c34-879e-66a2eae97dbe
  3. CD drive is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD drive is missing: I completely wipe and restore my PC 3 days ago. After doing so, suddenly my PC won't recognize my cd drive. Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-is-missing/0174c990-3215-4c34-879e-66a2eae97dbe
  4. My Windows 10 crashed a few days earlier and now my CD Drive icon is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 crashed a few days earlier and now my CD Drive icon is missing.: A few days earlier, my windows crashed. When the laptop restarted itself, my CD Drive icon went missing. How to bring it back? I also went on to check it in the Device Manager but I could not see it there too. Please help me....
  5. My Windows 10 crashed a few days earlier and now my CD Drive icon is missing.

My Windows 10 crashed a few days earlier and now my CD Drive icon is missing.: A few days earlier, my windows crashed. When the laptop restarted itself, my CD Drive icon went missing. How to bring it back? I also went on to check it in the Device Manager but I could not see it there too. Please help me....
  6. missing CD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing CD drive: A few months ago, I did a total refresh on my pc. since doing so, my pc will not recognize my CD drive. Since I am a relative novice at computers, can you give me some easy to follow steps to solve my problem?...
  7. missing CD drive

missing CD drive: A few months ago, I did a total refresh on my pc. since doing so, my pc will not recognize my CD drive. Since I am a relative novice at computers, can you give me some easy to follow steps to solve my problem?...
  8. my computer icon is missing? need to access a CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my computer icon is missing? need to access a CD: How do I find MY COMPUTER icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-icon-is-missing-need-to-access-a-cd/2c61bc80-8e9a-4721-b3a3-ed202b637098
  9. Windows 10 crashes few times a day.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes few times a day.: Hello, so I recently bought a new PC, and I'm getting blue screen few times a day. First I thought it was PSU so I replaced it, but the problem is still there and I don't know what to do. I tried googling it but I couldn't find anything on it. Maybe someone of you can help...
  10. Windows 10 crashes every few days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashes every few days: Hi I have this issue since April now. Windows 10 randomly crashes every few days. I have now changed 4 hdd's sent the ram for replacement, and have also sent the motherboard for tests. Wondering if anyone had similar problems. I.have Asus Z170a motherboard and 16gb ram...