Windows 10: My windows 10 defender antivirus has been deactivated by IT administrator but I am the...

Discus and support My windows 10 defender antivirus has been deactivated by IT administrator but I am the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows 10 defender antivirus has been deactivated by IT administrator. I am the administrator. Has my hidden administrator account been hacked?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrianFleck1, Oct 23, 2018.

1. My windows 10 defender antivirus has been deactivated by IT administrator but I am the...

My windows 10 defender antivirus has been deactivated by IT administrator. I am the administrator. Has my hidden administrator account been hacked? What should I do?

:)

BrianFleck1, Oct 23, 2018

2. Windows Defender error " This app has been deactivated by the policy group, contact your security administrator"

Hi Teja,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel when your Windows defender is deactivated. Sorry for the inconvenience. Not to worry, I will assist you with this.

1. Do you have any other third party antivirus installed?

2. Are you logged in as the administrator?

3. Is your computer connected to any Domain?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1

If you install a 3rd party anti-virus, Windows 10 will turn off Windows Defender to allow the other anti-virus to run without a conflict. So I suggest you to disable 3rd party Antivirus and check if it helps.

Method2

• Click start->type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
    • Navigate to the following location Local Computer Policy -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Defender.
    • Once you Click Windows Defender on the Tree on the LEFT, on the right you should get all the Group Policies. Look for "Turn off Windows Defender" Double click on it and select disable.

Note: If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, by default Windows Defender runs and computers are scanned for spyware and other potentially unwanted software.

Method 3

I would suggest you to check the Service status of Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.

a) Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press ENTER.

b) Scroll down to find “Windows Defender Service ".

c) Right-click “Windows Defender service “, and then click Start.

d) Follow the same steps to start "Windows Firewall" service.

e) Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Oct 23, 2018
  3. froller2 Win User
    windows 10 antivirus is deactivated popup

My windows 10 defender antivirus has been deactivated by IT administrator but I am the... [​IMG]

froller2, Oct 23, 2018
  4. My windows 10 defender antivirus has been deactivated by IT administrator but I am the...

Is Windows Defender a proper Antivirus for Windows 10 ?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Many. Suggestion to use your preferred search engine and look it up. Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

Suggestion to read:

===

4) Are you spamming?

Jsssssssss, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

My windows 10 defender antivirus has been deactivated by IT administrator but I am the...

1. My windows 10 defender antivirus has been deactivated by IT administrator but I am the... - Similar Threads - defender antivirus has

2. I recently flashed my bios and put in new ram. now windows has been deactivated and I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently flashed my bios and put in new ram. now windows has been deactivated and I am...: Title says most of the issue but I will say I have had this motherboard for about year now, its windows 10 pro, and I have never had this issue. Ryzen 7 5800x, Corsair RGB Vengeance 2x8 -> 4x8, RX6950XT.I had windows running fine after the flash last night till this morning....
  3. I recently flashed my bios and put in new ram. now windows has been deactivated and I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently flashed my bios and put in new ram. now windows has been deactivated and I am...: Title says most of the issue but I will say I have had this motherboard for about year now, its windows 10 pro, and I have never had this issue. Ryzen 7 5800x, Corsair RGB Vengeance 2x8 -> 4x8, RX6950XT.I had windows running fine after the flash last night till this morning....
  4. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...: I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have...
  5. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...: I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have...
  6. *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*: I recently reset my PC without keeping the files because, i wanted a fresh start for my PC. After the reset i was trying to download something and noticed that i need to turn my Windows Defender off for a second but when i tried accessing windows defender it said that Windows...
  7. *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*

*Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*: I recently reset my PC without keeping the files because, i wanted a fresh start for my PC. After the reset i was trying to download something and noticed that i need to turn my Windows Defender off for a second but when i tried accessing windows defender it said that Windows...
  8. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows defender has no antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender has no antivirus: Yeah so basically I went to disable my real time protection so i could download something, and i noticed that I had no real time protection. Matter of fact I have no antivirus at all with windows defender. I don't really know what to do, I have restarted my pc, updated...
  10. windows 10 antivirus is deactivated popup

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 antivirus is deactivated popup: so on every boot up i get a anti virus is deactivated which pops up in lower right corner and disapear a split second after. i got microsoft essential antivirus and malware anti as a secondary scanner fire wall is on.. my friend also get that pop up with the same anti...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msacui.exe loops

2. defender disactivated by administrator