Windows 10: My Windows 10 Defender icon keeps looking like this, it says that...

Discus and support My Windows 10 Defender icon keeps looking like this, it says that... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, there was a lnk file with a trojan that I downloaded by mistake and I dont't know if the trojan has been removed. My last windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/this_is_human_mama, Mar 30, 2020.

1. My Windows 10 Defender icon keeps looking like this, it says that...

My Windows 10 Defender icon keeps looking like this, it says that... fCHiIfRPxB4YGX2nnSS_-B4oQfGCBYM6EhI8fSTb-NY.jpg

Hello, there was a lnk file with a trojan that I downloaded by mistake and I dont't know if the trojan has been removed.

My last windows defender action says that trojan:Win32/DropCheetak.AA!MTB is ACTIVE .

But the action prior to that says it has been removed. Maybe it's 2 trojans and one stayed?

I ran windows defender quick scan (not full scan) and offline scan (the computer had to be restarted for that), I scanned for windows security updates, did a malwarebytes scan, deleted temp files, Adwcleaner scan, JRT, Zemana, Hitman pro scan etc.

I am currently waiting for a Microsoft Safety Scanner check to finish and then I think I will redo all these scans in safety mode?

How do I fix this?

https://preview.redd.it/kzb5tgcmdup...bp&s=bda221ecaa5aa8f45a9839bc723c30ed8dd6f3cc

submitted by /u/this_is_human_mama
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/this_is_human_mama, Mar 30, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Creator's Update and Windows Firewall

Hi Aaron,

To help resolve the issue, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried the suggestions of Ian Ser in the post above?
    Try the following steps below to turn off the taskbar notification for Windows Defender:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Click Settings, then look for Select which icons appear on the taskbar and click.
    • Turn off Windows Defender notification icon.

We'll wait for your response.

Martin Bar, May 25, 2020
  4. tnhotmail Win User

My Windows 10 Defender icon keeps looking like this, it says that...

windows defender keeps saying it finds "potentially harmful software" but nothing listed.

Running latest windows 10.

Defender keeps notifying "potentially harmful software..." but nothing is listed.

Also - when I run a quick scan, defenders says "app detected a potential threat" but nothing is listed in History or in "all detected items".

I don't care about the threat but I do want defender to stop notifying me. I'd like to "allow" whatever it is defender is finding but nothing is ever listed. I would like to fix the problem but I'd be satisfied if I just completely removed defender from
    my system to stop the notifications.

What are my options?

tnhotmail, May 25, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 Defender icon keeps looking like this, it says that...

1. My Windows 10 Defender icon keeps looking like this, it says that... - Similar Threads - Defender icon keeps

2. Why my windows defender looks like this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows defender looks like this?: it's different from before, I don't know why and when this is happening, or maybe something is wrong, I'm just uncomfortable with it, please help me..sorry for bad english...
  3. Why my windows defender looks like this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my windows defender looks like this?: it's different from before, I don't know why and when this is happening, or maybe something is wrong, I'm just uncomfortable with it, please help me..sorry for bad english...
  4. Why does some of my icons look like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does some of my icons look like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Palpatine43534 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vbn30c/why_does_some_of_my_icons_look_like_this/
  5. Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this?: Hello! A while ago I ended up installing a shady program and giving it admin permission. However I deleted the program an hour later and I opened Windows Defender/Security settings and it was blank. It shows me no menu, no options to scan the computer. NOTHING!! What should I...
  6. How to make the icons look like this.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make the icons look like this.: This are how my icons looks like: [ATTACH] How can I make the icons look like this:[ATTACH] This is something I really wanted to know because it looks better in the second photo and I think it is more beautiful and aesthetic, but I don't know how to do it that way, I have...
  7. How to make the icons look like this.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the icons look like this.: [IMG] This are how my icons looks like: https://preview.redd.it/mg35coy93fe41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=00d9115b78cba3361bd78c4cd1c96df9f0e1d7da How can I make the icons look like this:...
  8. Weird cpu like looking icon on windows 10 on my usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird cpu like looking icon on windows 10 on my usb drive: I got a CPU like icon on my usb drive instead of usual one. Im not able to get rid of it. Ive tried formatting, autorun, regedit like things. But no use. USB is working fine. But I need the usual icon. Can anyone please help me with this issue......
  9. it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop: it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop. When I go to settings it says its already on. just wondering what to do? Thanks...
  10. Your Say: Windows 10 Build 9926 Icons Look like a Bad Joke

in Windows 10 News
    Your Say: Windows 10 Build 9926 Icons Look like a Bad Joke: Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9926 comes with a collection of new icons, and as we could all see in the leaked screenshots of new builds, more new icons are expected to be introduced very soon. Basically, Microsoft opted to change the icons in search of a fresh and...