Windows 10: My Windows 10 Desktop computer goes to sleep at random time while I am actively working on...

Discus and support My Windows 10 Desktop computer goes to sleep at random time while I am actively working on... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Desktop computer goes to sleep at random time while I am actively working on it or when idle. I checked the System Event Log at the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bob.Olenoski, Mar 22, 2020.

1. My Windows 10 Desktop computer goes to sleep at random time while I am actively working on...

My Windows 10 Desktop computer goes to sleep at random time while I am actively working on it or when idle. I checked the System Event Log at the time when it occurred and saw Event 524, Kernel-Power "Critical Battery Trigger Met".

Details show:

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    -<System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>524</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>223</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000404</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-03-22T07:48:41.652887000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>86742</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="40568" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>IOS238-BOB-Home</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data Name="Index">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ActiveBatteryCount">1</Data>
    <Data Name="RemainingPercentage">98</Data>
    <Data Name="IsAcOnline">1</Data>
    <Data Name="BatteryActionInternalFlags">0x80</Data>
    <Data Name="IsPowerActionCallIgnored">0</Data>
    <Data Name="IsPowerPolicyEnabled">1</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerPolicyAction">3</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerPolicyBatteryLevel">5</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerPolicyEventCode">1</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerPolicyMinState">2</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>This Event is followed by Event 42, Kernel-Power "The system is entering sleep. Sleep Reason: Battery.

I did notice that 2 seconds before this that the Application Event Log shows: Event 0, IHA_MessageCenter "PowerEvent handled successfully by the service." There were no other Events between these two Events in any of the other Event Logs.

Details show:

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>

<Provider Name="IHA_MessageCenter" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-03-22T07:39:05.760220100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>26955</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>IOS238-BOB-Home</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data>PowerEvent handled successfully by the service.</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

This is a desktop computer with no battery. I also noticed that hovering over the power icon on the task bar line it is saying "Fully charged 100%" and I previously don't remember seeing that icon. I'm not exactly sure when this started. It had been doing this occasionally; but, the frequency increased that lead to the investigation of the Event Logs.

Please tell me what I can do to fix this problem. It occurs several times a day. Thank you for any help I can get.

:)

Bob.Olenoski, Mar 22, 2020

2. Random sleeping

My upgraded W10 machine has several issues NOT solved by MS updates.

Does anyone have a solution to these issues that will work?

Thanks

Rick

RickMcKenney, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 22, 2020
  4. My Windows 10 Desktop computer goes to sleep at random time while I am actively working on...

Windows 10 goes to sleep

Update:

I recently had a Windows update(Dec. 2015) and my computer is working fine now.

It doesn't go to sleep anymore My Windows 10 Desktop computer goes to sleep at random time while I am actively working on... :)

DonChristolear, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 Desktop computer goes to sleep at random time while I am actively working on...

1. My Windows 10 Desktop computer goes to sleep at random time while I am actively working on... - Similar Threads - Desktop computer goes

2. My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?: My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-goes-to-sleep-when-i-am-working-on-it-why/9b1f3f92-b7c9-4f1c-ae78-d7deade3622f
  3. Computer randomly goes to sleep

Computer randomly goes to sleep: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and it randomly goes to sleep in the middle of use. I have the setting set to never sleep but it still does it. Please help;ThanksRusty_F...
  4. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly goes to sleep: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and it randomly goes to sleep in the middle of use. I have the setting set to never sleep but it still does it. Please help;ThanksRusty_F...
  5. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer goes on sleep while i'm using and working with system

Computer goes on sleep while i'm using and working with system: Hi, My laptop OS : Windows 10 went on sleep 3 times while i was typing this question for you! it happens recently and I'm so concerned with this issue ! Please Help me with it! What can i do for fix this issue now? Note that i did all of your your instructions in this...
  7. BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?: My computer has been getting BSOD every time it goes to sleep for the last month and I don't know what to do. I have updated drivers, but nothing seems to work. I attached a MSinfo export and the last three minidumps. There were no changes made to the computer the day the...
  8. My windows 10 goes to sleep randomly many times.

My windows 10 goes to sleep randomly many times.: My windows 10 goes to sleep randomly many times. The event viewer showed event ID 42, task category 64, source kernel power, sleep reason thermal zone and sometimes the sleep reason is application API. what should i do?...
  9. Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously: Hi Team, I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop. I've noticed that my laptop goes to sleep mode randomly even if its in use. I tried to login after a few seconds again it will go to sleep mode. I'm unable to work due to this issue. It was repeatedly happening....
  10. "Never sleep" settings in Windows 10 don't work. My Desktop computer goes to sleep...

"Never sleep" settings in Windows 10 don't work. My Desktop computer goes to sleep...: There are many posts similar to mine and I have read them all. I have followed all suggested tips however they don't fix the problem. Please help. The hours of lost productivity time is driving me CRAZY! Please help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Kernel-Power 524 remainingpercentage 0

2. Windows10 RemainingPercentage 0

3. Windows10 RemainingPercentage がゼロ

4. batteryactioninternalflags 0x80 sleep