Windows 10: My Windows 10 display language is weirdly mixed between French and English

Discus and support My Windows 10 display language is weirdly mixed between French and English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] There are several other places where the displayed language is not the one configured asWindows display language English. To give a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoelTankam, Feb 14, 2020.

1. My Windows 10 display language is weirdly mixed between French and English

My Windows 10 display language is weirdly mixed between French and English 03098512-2b54-4d31-ac9a-86c259d95757?upload=true.png

There are several other places where the displayed language is not the one configured asWindows display language English.

To give a little bit of context, my computer initially came with Windows 10 Home 64bit French RESTRICTED TO AFRICA ONLY I then switched toWindows 10 Pro 64Bit currently Version 1909 - OS Build 18363.657 and installed English United Kingdom Local Experience Pack.

Is there any way I can fix that?

:)

JoelTankam, Feb 14, 2020
  2. jm_lemire Win User

Widows 10 - french Canada language pack mix 50% with english....

New Acer computer with Windows 8.1 upgrade to windows 10 with french Canada. Now Windows 10
    mix both language french and English about 50% each.

How to correct to 100% french?

Thanks

jm_lemire, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Widows 10 - french Canada language pack mix 50% with english....

Hi Lemire,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with language in your system.

Follow the below suggestions and check if it helps:

Step 1:Change Clock, Language and region.

Follow the steps to select default language:

• In the search box, type
        Control Panel

• Select Clock, Language and Region.

• Select French.
    If French is not available in the list then Click on
    Add Language and select French from the list and make it your preferred language.

Step 2: Also To confirm the settings are set correctly:

1. Open Settings. Select Time& language, and then
    Region & Language.

2. Check the Language (set as default)
    setting for your Windows display language. If your desired language is not available, add your desired language:

• Click Add Language.
    • Select your desired language from the list.
    • Select the desired locale, which is the language/country combination.
    • Click on the newly selected locale and select
      Options
    • Under Download language pack, click
      Download.
    • Under Speech, click Download.
    • After the downloads are complete (this could take several minutes), return to the
      Time & Language settings.
    • Click on your new language and select Set as Default.
    • NOTE: IF you changed languages, you must sign out of your account and back in for the new setting to take effect.
    3. Check the Country or region setting.
    Make sure the country selected corresponds with the Windows display language set in the Language setting.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Pozzie Win User

My Windows 10 display language is weirdly mixed between French and English

Recovering display language English

Hi

I am aware that this is a topic on different threads.

My laptop has windows 10 home build 1803 with English (US) as the default display language. Today I added French as the display language using the instructions on settings. It worked (though gave me grief as the keyboard layout changed from QWERTY to the
    French equivalent (AZERY or equiv). The language was useful for an essay.

Now I want to go back to English: but cannot. Click: Settings, Time and Language, Region and Language, Display Language - English (US) - all is ok. BUT, the page does not hold English(US) and resets back to French. There is no "Select as default" key.
    Restart doesn't help.

There is "Add another language" key and a list of languages but ENGLISH (US) is shaded out and cannot be selected. I have tried to load English (UK) but nothing happenend, even though it went through the motions.

If I click on Extra settings for date, time and region ("Parametres de date, d'heure et regionaux supplementaires) there are only subsets for time and region - not language (whereas on another computer there is a section on language).

Queries:

If Win 10 HOME does not allow alternative languages, why was the addition of French accepted - OR does it mean that I have changed languages not added another. There is only one language allowed and that now is French?

If so (ie only 1 language is allowable) , how can I change language back to English? [ Please note that + add a language did not work - see above]

Will system restore work?

Thanks

Pozzie, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 display language is weirdly mixed between French and English

1. My Windows 10 display language is weirdly mixed between French and English - Similar Threads - display language weirdly

2. Windows is in English, but edge is in French

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is in English, but edge is in French: Microsoft windows is in English, but everything in Microsoft edge is in French. How do I change this to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-in-english-but-edge-is-in-french/0af3b2c6-47de-41e6-ac5d-e44b417ac942
  3. Windows is in English, but edge is in French

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is in English, but edge is in French: Microsoft windows is in English, but everything in Microsoft edge is in French. How do I change this to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-in-english-but-edge-is-in-french/0af3b2c6-47de-41e6-ac5d-e44b417ac942
  4. Change Windows 10 from French to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows 10 from French to English: I want to change the Windows version on a laptop I purchased in France. I can change the language and keyboard etc. But, this isn't what I want. I would like to completely make the laptop forget it's French at all. It only likes to pull up French searches. The spell-check...
  5. Change Windows 10 from French to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows 10 from French to English: I want to change the Windows version on a laptop I purchased in France. I can change the language and keyboard etc. But, this isn't what I want. I would like to completely make the laptop forget it's French at all. It only likes to pull up French searches. The spell-check...
  6. Windows language in French and settings are in english

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows language in French and settings are in english: Hello , My Windows is suposed to be set in full english , but since a windows update my windows is set to french whereas the setting is configured in english.could you please help how to recover my windows in english ?Information about the windows: Windows 10 .0.0.18363.1500...
  7. Display in French Computer still in English

Display in French Computer still in English: Hello, I trying to realize a build of Windows 10 2004 with English and French language. So I got the ISO file of Windows 10 2004 by the software : "Windows-ISO-Downloader.exe", and the ISO Language Pack 2004 :...
  8. Word Document in French and English?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Word Document in French and English?: I am traveling to France for work next week and I am preparing a Word doc that contains both French and English. Is there a way to spellcheck two different languages at once? Very frustrating as Word goes back and forth between French and English, underling spelling "errors"...
  9. Computer is displaying a mix of English and Spanish

Computer is displaying a mix of English and Spanish: I just bought a Surface Laptop 2. I am switching back to Windows from Mac after 16-1/2 years. As I am learning Spanish, I decided to install the Spanish keyboard in addition to the English keyboard. Windows interpreted that as meaning my language was Spanish, not English. I...
  10. Recovering display language English

Recovering display language English: Hi I am aware that this is a topic on different threads. My laptop has windows 10 home build 1803 with English (US) as the default display language. Today I added French as the display language using the instructions on settings. It worked (though gave me grief as the...