Windows 10: My windows 10 does not resumes after sleep.

Discus and support My windows 10 does not resumes after sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using HP Probook g5, using XPG Gammix 256GB nvme and 1tb HDD. I noticed a few weeks ago that my system does not resume after it goes to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MuzamilShahzad, Feb 2, 2020.

1. My windows 10 does not resumes after sleep.

I am using HP Probook g5, using XPG Gammix 256GB nvme and 1tb HDD. I noticed a few weeks ago that my system does not resume after it goes to sleep mode. it halts on resume and I have to shut it down forcefully and then restart. It is really a big problem I am facing. Kindly guide me on what to do.

:)

MuzamilShahzad, Feb 2, 2020
  2. BrooksyX Win User

Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Sleeps too soundly

Hello,

As per your concern about accessing the task after the waking the system from sleep mode, we will help you with this issue.

Sleep mode is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again. Putting your computer into the sleep
    state is like pausing a DVD player—the computer immediately stops what it’s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working.

Follow the below steps to disable sleep mode in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Steps to completely disable sleep mode

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, and click on Settings.
    • Click on System, and on Power & Sleep
    • Now, under Sleep section, you will see two options:
    • On battery power, PC goes to sleep after
    • When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    4. For both options, expand the drop-down menu and select Never.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 2, 2020
  4. bim27142 Win User

My windows 10 does not resumes after sleep.

Asus P8Z77-V resumes from sleep

I just noticed, my Asus P8Z77-V will resume from sleep all by itself without any intervention. I put it to sleep (Start > Sleep) then after a few seconds, it resumes. I don't know what's causing this. I have a USB mouse, I tried disconnecting it, still it resumed on its own after a few seconds. My keyboard is also USB but I haven't tried disconnecting that (yet) since I don't find it to be a likely culprit.

Any ideas? *Confused My windows 10 does not resumes after sleep. :confused:

bim27142, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

My windows 10 does not resumes after sleep.

1. My windows 10 does not resumes after sleep. - Similar Threads - does resumes sleep

2. Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same...: Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same time, the laptop still works normally in the background. I have to use a hard reset....
  3. BugCheck crash after sleep S2 resume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BugCheck crash after sleep S2 resume: Hi. After about 1 month ago my Lenovo Carbon X1 gen 10 refuses to resume from S2 sleep. It displays a black screen for about a minute and then goes about rebooting. After checking the event log I can see the following error:Event 1001, BugCheckThe computer has rebooted from a...
  4. BugCheck crash after sleep S2 resume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BugCheck crash after sleep S2 resume: Hi. After about 1 month ago my Lenovo Carbon X1 gen 10 refuses to resume from S2 sleep. It displays a black screen for about a minute and then goes about rebooting. After checking the event log I can see the following error:Event 1001, BugCheckThe computer has rebooted from a...
  5. Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode: I have an Lenovo PC running Windows 10 successfully for many years. Recently going back 2 or 3 Windows updates ago, it stopped resuming from sleep mode by using my Space Bar. Now I have to restart Windows with the power button. I read many posted questions with similar...
  6. Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep: I have had this problem for the longest time and it is still happening with Windows 10 ver 2004. On my Surface Pro 7 and Surface Go 2 both now on Windows 10-2004, they will fail to obtain ipv6 addresses on SLAAC networks on resume from sleep for more than 1 minute. If I...
  7. Windows 10 changes it keyboard to US after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 changes it keyboard to US after resuming from sleep: Hi, I am having this issue that every time I resume from sleep, the keyboard automatically changes to en-US despite it is not an option in my language bar at all. I have seen several dated posts about 2016 and they do not work for me. After some searching, I believe I...
  8. Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep: To add to my ever growing list of annoyances and gremlins, is as the title says. Absolutely no sound at all after the computer resumes from sleeping. I know that some people are going to nag me about old hardware, but cmon, i can understand video as it evolved to higher and...
  9. No sound after resume from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after resume from sleep mode.: From about two years I have this problem. I have installed every single version of driver, but problem won't go away. Sound only come back when I restart Windows Audio service. Anyone have an idea what causes this? submitted by /u/antek2220 [link] [comments]...
  10. irregular BSODs after resume from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    irregular BSODs after resume from sleep: Hello, I am having irregular BSODs if and only if I have sent my PC to standby and am resuming from it. If I remember correctly, these BSODs come with different error codes. I have run the V2 log collector, the output is attached to this post. Thank you very much in...