Windows 10: My Windows 10 experience so far

Discus and support My Windows 10 experience so far in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a HP Pavilion the other day and it was not cheap since I wanted a decent CPU and sufficient RAM. It came with Windows 10 which has a very odd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emtor, Oct 11, 2017.

1. emtor Win User

My Windows 10 experience so far

I bought a HP Pavilion the other day and it was not cheap since I wanted a decent CPU and sufficient RAM.
    It came with Windows 10 which has a very odd behaviour.
    At first the cursor would dissappear or completely freeze.
    I fixed this after googling for hours.
    Then right-click disappeared. No fix as yet.
    And lastly, when closing different windows it grays out, then blacks out and finally the window closes. This sometimes takes forever.
    I've removed all useless apps and changed power settings for max. perfomance.
    What kind of an OS is this?

:)

emtor, Oct 11, 2017

2. N95 - Experience so far

Thanks for this info, but via which "ikon" shall i download these files? - "Download", "App.manager" (nokia.com) or any other?

Many thanks, Kate

kateandpooch, Oct 11, 2017
  3. N95 - Experience so far

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Have had the N95 since last Friday and am generally happy with the phone although a few problems:

1) Installed Maps - Just England (took 5 hours over cable

modem?) but working OK.

Have subscribed for the 30 day navigation trial via the phone but although get a good signal quickly and Turn-by-Turn seems to work, I don't get any voice guidance at all??. Have specified English via the handset.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi There, I have the same problem - no vioce command. Did you fix your problem?? If yes, could you please tell me how??

Thanks a lot, Kate

kateandpooch, Oct 11, 2017
  4. sygnus21 Win User

If I bought a new computer/laptop and it had all those issues, I wouldn't be posting online, I'd have it replaced. Period.

As for the OS, it shouldn't be displaying all the problems you noted unless there are issues forcing them. As for what kind of OS? - A good one that's not perfect.... just like any other OS. Do yourself a favor and have the PC looked at.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Oct 11, 2017
  5. If its brand new mate, reinstall windows and test directly after. Dont install any third party software just use the built in programs.

Remember with it being a HP, there will be bundles of supplied preinstalled programs, make sure you havent installed any A/V programs also mate.

kingtez1984, Oct 11, 2017
  6. essenbe Win User
    I agree with Sygnus21. If you bought this new and it is having all those problems, send it back. If you are having all those problems with a brand new laptop, it is not the OS. I would suspect your problems will get worse with time.

essenbe, Oct 11, 2017
  7. FerchogtX Win User
    Well, you have already been told... I would return that laptop... it clearly has problems, Windows 10 shouldn't behave like that.

I bought my Acer last year, and Windows 10 works as expected (except for Firefox, which seems to be erratic ha!) and I passed through build 1511 to 1703, and all works good...

FerchogtX, Oct 11, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Or is it the mouse attached to it (if any) - there have been threads on mouse issues esp. wireless..

Make sure you try it just with the touchpad.

dalchina, Oct 11, 2017
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    I've been using both the dongled and Bluetooth version of the Microsoft Arc mouse with my 2013 Asus Zenbook Prime, and now my 2017 Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X1 and neither has given me wireless mouse issues. In that, I rarely use the laptop trackpad so if there were mouse issues I've not run into any.

I've also used a number wireless Logitech mice including my now MX Master on my desktop and never had wireless issues there too, so....

That said, I would definitely give dalchina's suggestion a try to eliminate it's solely a wireless mouse issue.

sygnus21, Oct 12, 2017
  10. --- Did the computer run ok before that?

We need information in order to be helpful.

Please post if it’s a new, used or refurbished computer and then the make and model.
    --- In my case the computer I am using now is a refurbished HP EliteBook 8540w laptop
    --- Also in your case, has your computer been upgraded from a prior Operating System to Windows 10?

Type winver into the Type here to search box in the lower side of the taskbar and press Enter
    --- Mine shows version 1703 (OS Build 15063.674): let us know what yours reports.

On the start screen right click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner and click on System
    Please record the following: Mine shows
    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Intel® Core™ i7 CPU m 620 @ 2,67GHz
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.86 GB (7.68 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operation system, x64-based processor

MeAndMyComputer, Oct 12, 2017
  11. emtor Win User
    No, the computer did NOT run OK before removing apps.
    New computer, NOT upgraded to Win 10 from a previous version.
    No external mouse.

HP Pavilion Notebook 15aw016no
    Windows 10 home
    CPU: AMD9 2.9 GHz
    8 GB ram, 7.45 usable
    64 bit

Problems: Right click disappeared after a couple of days of use.

Cursor working on and off when typing comments or messages in facebook or filling in fields when webshopping.
    Didn't work earlier today but is OK at present.

When opening file explorer, the window itself pops up but it takes several seconds to show contents.
    When closing file explorer the screen grayes out for about 8 seconds before it closes and the desktop returns to normal.
    Chrome webbrowser opens up as expected and closes quickly with no delay.
    These were just examples but some apps and programs opens and closes fine while some seems have problems with long delays.

emtor, Oct 12, 2017
  12. Run a reset and if the same take it back

kingtez1984, Oct 12, 2017
  13. My Windows 10 experience so far

Anytime you buy an OEM system, especially and HP, it should get a clean install. Backup up the swsetup if you have one, and make restore discs. After that, my next step is to always wipe the drive clean and start a clean install.

DeaconFrost, Oct 12, 2017
  14. Thank you for your answers. consider the following options
    Since the computer is new, can you return it and get your money back or have it replaced?
    As a new computer it should run as good as new out of the box.

If you cannot do that, consider a clean install. Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    However, create a system image backup first.

If you prefer to troubleshoot the computer instead, let's see what we can do.

MeAndMyComputer, Oct 12, 2017
  15. badcat Win User
    I just recently purchased two HP laptops, one for myself and one for my wife. Both machines exhibited a litany of issues until I reset them. Both brand new out of the box. Because I am comfortable doing this stuff I elected to try resetting them before returning them. My wife's laptop responded well to the reset and has been behaving ever since. My machine had a bunch of well documented Win 10 issues which I fixed with the help of Google, Regedit and Group Policy Editor. As it's been said already, try resetting the machine and if that doesn't help, return it.

badcat, Oct 13, 2017
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 experience so far - Similar Threads - experience far

2. New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending: There's an apparently new feature that is being rolled out by microsoft. It is a new way to connect to your phone. I can not get it to install even though the option is available on my pc. I've contacted microsoft support and instead of solving the problem, they told me to...
  3. New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending: There's an apparently new feature that is being rolled out by microsoft. It is a new way to connect to your phone. I can not get it to install even though the option is available on my pc. I've contacted microsoft support and instead of solving the problem, they told me to...
  4. I am not able to download windows web experience pack I didn't get the download option in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to download windows web experience pack I didn't get the download option in...: My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-download-windows-web-experience/ba2515fb-6395-43cd-af4b-8e38b5fe74a5
  5. I am not able to download windows web experience pack I didn't get the download option in...

I am not able to download windows web experience pack I didn't get the download option in...: My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-download-windows-web-experience/ba2515fb-6395-43cd-af4b-8e38b5fe74a5
  6. How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...: I purchased a brand new Dell Latitude 3540 and set it up today. Everything was working smoothly and I had set it up using the Microsoft 365 account that I had created - I was not asked to set up a separate password. The laptop then goes into standby whilst my desk is...
  7. How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...

How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...: I purchased a brand new Dell Latitude 3540 and set it up today. Everything was working smoothly and I had set it up using the Microsoft 365 account that I had created - I was not asked to set up a separate password. The laptop then goes into standby whilst my desk is...
  8. How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...: OK, so I have 3 monitors with 3 different background images. all Jpeg files. Every time I update my Nvidia 3060 drivers, I update manually and just download the current driver needed. While downloading the monitors go black and flicker a few times then my main monitors...
  9. Positive Gaming Experience So Far

in Windows 10 Support
    Positive Gaming Experience So Far: How's everyone's gaming experience so far? Mine has been excellent. I mainly play FSX or P3D and Kerbal Space program among others. Even got a boost in Cinebench R15 OpenGL (148fps with GTX 760) and CPU test 688 (average over 5 runs). i5 4670K @4.5Ghz Crucial Ballistix...
  10. My Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Experience So Far

in Windows 10 Support
    My Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Experience So Far: I decided to take the plunge and do the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 on my Lenovo T510 laptop (i5-m520 processor, 4GB RAM). Before I did the upgrade, I did a disk image copy of my hard drive to make it easy to go back to Windows 7 if I decide to. I've been running...