Windows 10: My Windows 10 experience

Discus and support My Windows 10 experience in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Resisted as long as possible, but finally relented and upgraded to Windows10Pro 64 bit from win7. Used an image from 7 years back and went for it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bldegle2, Jul 16, 2019.

1. bldegle2 Win User

My Windows 10 experience

Resisted as long as possible, but finally relented and upgraded to Windows10Pro 64 bit from win7. Used an image from 7 years back and went for it.

Frustrating would be speaking lightly, but, after days of registry changes, shell additions and freaky troubleshooting, I think it may finally be right.

I am sure a clean install would be superior and it seems that is the suggestion when all else fails. The upgrade process puts users with little to no experience in a really tough situation as the process can be frought with a nightmare of research, registry tweaks and whatever.

Never have had such problems with an OS.

Time will tell, went 10 years with 7, the image used was from 2012.

Over and outski....

:)

bldegle2, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

My Windows 10 experience

Delta6326, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

My Windows 10 experience

1. My Windows 10 experience - Similar Threads - experience

2. GeForce Experience driver installation failed [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    GeForce Experience driver installation failed [Fix]: [IMG]In this article, we will see how to fix the Installation Failed error while updating or installing the GeForce Game Ready Driver through the NVIDIA Geforce Experience. NVIDIA Game Ready drivers deliver the best gaming experience for your favorite games. They also allow...
  3. Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.: I initiated Chrome with verbose logging activated within a Windows container at 17:41:41. Subsequently, I examined the timestamp of the earliest log entry, which showed 17:41:50. This indicates that Chrome took 9 seconds before generating its initial log line.Further...
  4. Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.: I initiated Chrome with verbose logging activated within a Windows container at 17:41:41. Subsequently, I examined the timestamp of the earliest log entry, which showed 17:41:50. This indicates that Chrome took 9 seconds before generating its initial log line.Further...
  5. What is windows feature experience pack?

What is windows feature experience pack?: I was disabling some background apps in my settings when I noticed one that said “windows feature experience pack” I didn’t think of it much so I disabled it. I’m wondering what it was supposed to do before I disabled it and if it’s an important component to the windows...
  6. What is windows feature experience pack?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is windows feature experience pack?: I was disabling some background apps in my settings when I noticed one that said “windows feature experience pack” I didn’t think of it much so I disabled it. I’m wondering what it was supposed to do before I disabled it and if it’s an important component to the windows...
  7. What is windows feature experience pack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Running Windows 11. Why is Online Service Experience Pack Windows.Settings.Account-Verion...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Windows 11. Why is Online Service Experience Pack Windows.Settings.Account-Verion...: I had to uninstall this Service Pack in order to open 2021 Outlook Classic. Was told by my ISP that they are lacking certain information for someone to run Outlook in Windows 11.The question is how to prevent this Update from running and blocking access to my email.HELP...
  9. Running Windows 11. Why is Online Service Experience Pack Windows.Settings.Account-Verion...

Running Windows 11. Why is Online Service Experience Pack Windows.Settings.Account-Verion...: I had to uninstall this Service Pack in order to open 2021 Outlook Classic. Was told by my ISP that they are lacking certain information for someone to run Outlook in Windows 11.The question is how to prevent this Update from running and blocking access to my email.HELP...
  10. Quality Windows Audio Video Experience tanks my RAM, whats wrong?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quality Windows Audio Video Experience tanks my RAM, whats wrong?: I recently bought a almost brand new computer exept ssd and hard drive. And for some reason "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" tanks my RAM to sometimes over 12000MB and kills my computer. Anyone knows whats wrong? I updated my computer and that removed it for about a...