Windows 10: My WINDOWS 10 experiences which may be helpful

Discus and support My WINDOWS 10 experiences which may be helpful in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had to reinstall Windows 10 after a month when the startmenu/apps panel started to display the 'critical error' message ' which has been talked about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moiralindsey, Nov 14, 2015.

1. My WINDOWS 10 experiences which may be helpful

I had to reinstall Windows 10 after a month when the startmenu/apps panel started to display the 'critical error' message ' which has been talked about elsewhere. There were other odd minor things happening too. On reinstalling I clicked keep all files option, but on restarting everything seemed to have been wiped including all previous installed software like iTunes, Google Chrome, Microsoft Office etc. The advice here was to look in old windows or hidden files for all previous files, but to no avail. Plus I was only allowed to sign in as a temporary user which causes any new installations to be lost when closing down. Have now found the previous files after some searching and created another user to avoid the temporary user problem, Something was clearly not right the first time round of installing Windows 10 and still not sure whether there is some other glitch waiting to happen. A tech friend has said once we have backed everything up best to do a complete rebuild. So my experience so far.

:)

moiralindsey, Nov 14, 2015

2. This error code may be helpful: 80004004

Hi Michal,

My phone has been updated to 8.1 few months back.

I checked the settings > time + date. Everything configured correctly. And even region and language configured correctly.

Phone is now getting updated with all new updates except network+.

Something happened to network+ during last update.

So, Is this time to hard reset? otherwise is any other way to get new installation only for network+?

Thanks

Shyambabu K

shyambabukolipaka, Nov 14, 2015
  3. This error code may be helpful: 80004004

Hi shyambabukolipaka,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

I understand that you cannot update any app on your Nokia Lumia 720, you are getting this error code: 80004004.

Please check in settings > time + date if automatically settings are turn off. Also, make sure that you have right language and region on your phone, and then please restart it.

I would also try to use other connection (Wi-Fi or data connection).

Also, could you let us know if you updated your phone to 8.1 version?

If issue still persist, I would try to perform hard reset and set up it again with your Microsoft account, but do not forget to backup your data. More information you can find here:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/back-up-my-stuff

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/reset-my-phone

Thanks for your contribution to the forums!

Kind Regards,

Michal TR

Michal TR., Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

My WINDOWS 10 experiences which may be helpful

1. My WINDOWS 10 experiences which may be helpful - Similar Threads - experiences may helpful

2. My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10: For those interested in upgrading to Windows 10, there is an option that may not have occurred to you. By default, your apps, managed settings, and personal files are kept when upgrading. I never could upgrade without an error when using that option. I did a search on the...
  3. My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10: For those interested in upgrading to Windows 10, there is an option that may not have occurred to you. By default, your apps, managed settings, and personal files are kept when upgrading. I never could upgrade without an error when using that option. I did a search on the...
  4. My windows 10 may be bricked. please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 may be bricked. please help: So basically, i haven't updated my windows since mid 2019, so that is probably when the issues started. I cannot do software updates, download anything from microsoft store or perform any of the recovery options to reset/refresh my pc. I have tried several things, the...
  5. Weird experience resetting Windows 10, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird experience resetting Windows 10, please help: I did a reset and chose to fully clean the drive. The first attempt took about 30 minutes until I got a message saying not all of my personal files could be removed. There was still about 200gb of data in the Windows.old folder. So I did another one and it took about the same...
  6. My Windows 10 experience

My Windows 10 experience: Resisted as long as possible, but finally relented and upgraded to Windows10Pro 64 bit from win7. Used an image from 7 years back and went for it. Frustrating would be speaking lightly, but, after days of registry changes, shell additions and freaky troubleshooting, I think...
  7. My Winblows 10 experience

My Winblows 10 experience: Resisted as long as possible, but finally relented and upgraded to Windows10Pro 64 bit from win7. Used an image from 8 years back and went for it. Frustrating would be speaking lightly, but, after days of registry changes, shell additions and freaky troubleshooting, I think...
  8. The Win 10 Anniversary Update experience for me - May help others.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The Win 10 Anniversary Update experience for me - May help others.: Hello to TenForms users... I am a new member (just joined,, my first post) and the reason I joined was, besides the other benefits I'll get/give, is because I have been reading about this Win10 Anniversary update and some of the headaches that users have experienced getting...
  9. My experience and opinion with Windows 10

My experience and opinion with Windows 10: I am an old man not quite senile and still with most of my common sense and thinking ability. I even have gained experience computing over the years. However, nothing prepared me for the frustration and angst I had installing Windows 10. It seems to me that most people who...
  10. The Windows 10 Experience

in Windows 10 News
    The Windows 10 Experience: aKxkTWa9Hd8 Windows 10 Launch | Windows Blog Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise for your business 9150