Windows 10: My WINDOWS 10 experiences which may be helpful

Discus and support My WINDOWS 10 experiences which may be helpful in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had to reinstall Windows 10 after a month when the startmenu/apps panel started to display the 'critical error' message ' which has been talked about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moiralindsey, Nov 14, 2015.

1. My WINDOWS 10 experiences which may be helpful

I had to reinstall Windows 10 after a month when the startmenu/apps panel started to display the 'critical error' message ' which has been talked about elsewhere. There were other odd minor things happening too. On reinstalling I clicked keep all files option, but on restarting everything seemed to have been wiped including all previous installed software like iTunes, Google Chrome, Microsoft Office etc. The advice here was to look in old windows or hidden files for all previous files, but to no avail. Plus I was only allowed to sign in as a temporary user which causes any new installations to be lost when closing down. Have now found the previous files after some searching and created another user to avoid the temporary user problem, Something was clearly not right the first time round of installing Windows 10 and still not sure whether there is some other glitch waiting to happen. A tech friend has said once we have backed everything up best to do a complete rebuild. So my experience so far.

:)

moiralindsey, Nov 14, 2015

2. This error code may be helpful: 80004004

Hi Michal,

My phone has been updated to 8.1 few months back.

I checked the settings > time + date. Everything configured correctly. And even region and language configured correctly.

Phone is now getting updated with all new updates except network+.

Something happened to network+ during last update.

So, Is this time to hard reset? otherwise is any other way to get new installation only for network+?

Thanks

Shyambabu K

shyambabukolipaka, Nov 14, 2015
  3. This error code may be helpful: 80004004

Hi shyambabukolipaka,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

I understand that you cannot update any app on your Nokia Lumia 720, you are getting this error code: 80004004.

Please check in settings > time + date if automatically settings are turn off. Also, make sure that you have right language and region on your phone, and then please restart it.

I would also try to use other connection (Wi-Fi or data connection).

Also, could you let us know if you updated your phone to 8.1 version?

If issue still persist, I would try to perform hard reset and set up it again with your Microsoft account, but do not forget to backup your data. More information you can find here:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/back-up-my-stuff

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/reset-my-phone

Thanks for your contribution to the forums!

Kind Regards,

Michal TR

Michal TR., Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

My WINDOWS 10 experiences which may be helpful

1. My WINDOWS 10 experiences which may be helpful - Similar Threads - experiences may helpful

2. Windows 10 destroying my gaming experience.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 destroying my gaming experience.: I experience this last week and now I can't even run a light weight game (Osu!). Every time I refresh my explorer it conumes 50% to 100% of my CPU. I already did everything from deleting memory diagnostic in task manager, reinstalling drives, deleting the latest update...
  3. My Windows 10 1809 Update Experience

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 1809 Update Experience: Decided to update from 1803 to 1809. I did my old Laptop 1st and will do my other Desktops later. WU would not offer the update so I downloaded the ISO but it failed to update. I then did a clean install and that worked. This laptop started it's life on Windows 7 Core and...
  4. The Win 10 Anniversary Update experience for me - May help others.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The Win 10 Anniversary Update experience for me - May help others.: Hello to TenForms users... I am a new member (just joined,, my first post) and the reason I joined was, besides the other benefits I'll get/give, is because I have been reading about this Win10 Anniversary update and some of the headaches that users have experienced getting...
  5. My computer experiences random freezes. Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer experiences random freezes. Windows 10.: Hello everyone. My self-built PC experiences random freezes. It is an Athlon FX6300 + Asus M5A97 motherboard and a MSI Radeon 270 GPU. RAMs are Corsairs. What i mean by freeze? If i am playing a game the picture suddenly freezes and i hear a continuous sound where...
  6. My Experience: Windows 10 installation went great.

My Experience: Windows 10 installation went great.: Yes, I realize most people would post here with questions or concerns due to issues they had with their Win 10 installations / upgrades. But, I would like to share my "hassle free" upgrade from 7. I was running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, from the day I purchased this computer,...
  7. My experience and opinion with Windows 10

My experience and opinion with Windows 10: I am an old man not quite senile and still with most of my common sense and thinking ability. I even have gained experience computing over the years. However, nothing prepared me for the frustration and angst I had installing Windows 10. It seems to me that most people who...
  8. My Windows 10 Experience And Some Suggestions

in Windows 10 Support
    My Windows 10 Experience And Some Suggestions: Hi, my name is Robert and I have been a windows user and computer diagnostics and repair tech since the end days of win 3.11, I have seen and worked with every version of windows that has come down the pipe. On my personal laptop and desktop computers they are both running...
  9. My Windows 10 experience so far

in Windows 10 Support
    My Windows 10 experience so far: I bought a HP Pavilion the other day and it was not cheap since I wanted a decent CPU and sufficient RAM. It came with Windows 10 which has a very odd behaviour. At first the cursor would dissappear or completely freeze. I fixed this after googling for hours. Then...
  10. The Windows 10 Experience

in Windows 10 News
    The Windows 10 Experience: aKxkTWa9Hd8 Windows 10 Launch | Windows Blog Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise for your business 9150